Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #31
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!
 
jnfr2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 1,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Wow what a great board, you guys must have been flies on my wall this morning! My hubby & I were calling all over, trying to feel out the rates for November. We are staying 12 days so the prices seem kinda steep right now. Everyone told me the closer you book to your trip date, the better the rate will be. I'll be saving this board in my favorites. I'm going to try Alamo now, didn't try them yet. Thanks again for the help ... i'll be sure to post my findings too.

Did anyone actually book now with hopes the rate will drop, or are you waiting till you get closer. Once you book, if you get a coupon code, can you apply it after already booking?
Since car rentals don't apply anything to your CC just cancel your old reservation and rebook with a coupon code.
I usually book a couple of reservation and keep the cheapest and cancel the rest!
__________________
If you can dream it, you can do it - Horizons
Been there, done that since 1979 and will do it again at Disney!!!


jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #32
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
Since car rentals don't apply anything to your CC just cancel your old reservation and rebook with a coupon code.
I usually book a couple of reservation and keep the cheapest and cancel the rest!
LOL what a great idea! One place (Enterprise) was practically forcing me to book immediately, but I was worried about being stuck with it if we found a better price down the road. Good to hear it could be canceled if something better comes along! Thanks for the tip!

**BY THE WAY, LOOKS LIKE WE'LL BE IN DISNEY THE SAME TIME!!!! (NICE TICKER!) LOL
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #33
guarn3md
DIS Veteran
 
guarn3md's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 760

Joining this thread! Starting to look for a rental car for our Nov. 2 - 7th trip. Had a bit of sticker shock when I first started then came here and found the KLM code. I put it in with a coupon code that I found - NU3476ZDJ (one class upgrade) and got a midsize for $196 total. It's not bad, but I know I can do better as the trip gets closer. We'll see...
Debbie
guarn3md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #34
Triple Trouble
Sleep is Overrated
 
Triple Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23

I was looking for this thread a couple days ago. I am looking for a larger vehicle as we have 8 people to transport, including 3 with carseats. I just about fainted when I saw the price for those vehicles. Now I am hoping I can find codes to use upgrading and discounts to reduce the price. Otherwise it will be much cheaper for us to have two vehicles, even with all the extra parking charges.

Susan
__________________
Nov/Dec 2012 Offsite Homewood Suites - Our Trio's first trip to Disney!

April 2014 Offsite - Back again!

Triple Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #35
knottmel1
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 103

Subscribing...

We'll be there from the 16th to the 23rd and debated on a rental for a few days to tour WDW property and go to IoA. Can't wait to see if the prices drop.

knottmel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #36
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad
 
HELPDESKGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Trouble View Post
I was looking for this thread a couple days ago. I am looking for a larger vehicle as we have 8 people to transport, including 3 with carseats. I just about fainted when I saw the price for those vehicles. Now I am hoping I can find codes to use upgrading and discounts to reduce the price. Otherwise it will be much cheaper for us to have two vehicles, even with all the extra parking charges.

Susan
I had the same issue last year. We ended up renting an 8 pax Yukon from dollar onsite. They don't list them on the website. I rented a van and upgraded at the airport.
__________________
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #37
Triple Trouble
Sleep is Overrated
 
Triple Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
I had the same issue last year. We ended up renting an 8 pax Yukon from dollar onsite. They don't list them on the website. I rented a van and upgraded at the airport.
Please tell me it wasn't an arm and a leg to upgrade! The prices seem to jump from $300 for the vans to $800 for the 8 person SUV or 12 passenger vans.

Thanks!
__________________
Nov/Dec 2012 Offsite Homewood Suites - Our Trio's first trip to Disney!

April 2014 Offsite - Back again!

Triple Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #38
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad
 
HELPDESKGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Trouble View Post
Please tell me it wasn't an arm and a leg to upgrade! The prices seem to jump from $300 for the vans to $800 for the 8 person SUV or 12 passenger vans.

Thanks!
It was around $675
__________________
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #39
Triple Trouble
Sleep is Overrated
 
Triple Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
It was around $675
OUCHIE!

Unless I can do better than that we will be getting two vehicles.
__________________
Nov/Dec 2012 Offsite Homewood Suites - Our Trio's first trip to Disney!

April 2014 Offsite - Back again!

Triple Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #40
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad
 
HELPDESKGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Trouble View Post
OUCHIE!

Unless I can do better than that we will be getting two vehicles.
I would reserve two cars now. Keep checking prices. Hold the two cars until you arrive and see what kind of 8 pax vehicle you can get.
__________________
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #41
mzspaz
Mouseketeer
 
mzspaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 257

Prices seem to be going up for November. I was just looking at Alamo and got a quote of 388.00 for a midsize for a Sat - Sat rental in November.

I was hoping to go with something bigger than a mid size. There will be 3 of us (2 adults and a 5 year old) and I like to keep everything in the trunk. I know on our last day we will have the whole day in Orlando as our flight leaves late and I was hoping for a car with enough trunk space to keep all of our luggage in it.

Will 2 large suitcases, a childs suitcase, a laptop bag, backpack and a few other bags fit in the trunk of a midsize?
__________________
Hoping for and planning a 2012 Disney Trip!
mzspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #42
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzspaz View Post
Prices seem to be going up for November. I was just looking at Alamo and got a quote of 388.00 for a midsize for a Sat - Sat rental in November.

I was hoping to go with something bigger than a mid size. There will be 3 of us (2 adults and a 5 year old) and I like to keep everything in the trunk. I know on our last day we will have the whole day in Orlando as our flight leaves late and I was hoping for a car with enough trunk space to keep all of our luggage in it.

Will 2 large suitcases, a childs suitcase, a laptop bag, backpack and a few other bags fit in the trunk of a midsize?

I have called a few different places on different weeks and the prices aren't budging!! From what I was told here and from friendly rental car agents, the closer you get the better the prices will be. There should be coupons available - right now the specials are for August and September. So we should be next! I did book something like the above poster suggested and I was told you don't need a credit card. You can change it at anytime.
Three years ago we drove down wih my child in her car seat in a Corolla and it was more than enough room. We even had her stroller in with he luggage. Good luck!
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #43
mzspaz
Mouseketeer
 
mzspaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
I have called a few different places on different weeks and the prices aren't budging!! From what I was told here and from friendly rental car agents, the closer you get the better the prices will be. There should be coupons available - right now the specials are for August and September. So we should be next! I did book something like the above poster suggested and I was told you don't need a credit card. You can change it at anytime.
Three years ago we drove down wih my child in her car seat in a Corolla and it was more than enough room. We even had her stroller in with he luggage. Good luck!
Thanks! I was hoping we would be ok with a midsize and plan for that......that way if we get anything bigger it will just be a bonus.

I'm just the type of person that likes everything stashed in the trunk and nothing left in the seats. DH would like a bigger vehicle but he'll have to make do...especially with the current rates.

I'm debating on reserving something just to have it on the books or waiting until it gets closer. I really hope the rates drop as this is the last thing I need to secure!!!
__________________
Hoping for and planning a 2012 Disney Trip!
mzspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #44
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 77,667

Don't forget this thread/code....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2878667
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #45
rileyz
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 47

I just booked on Thrifty for 11/2-11/12. Click on hot deals on the results page after putting in your dates, base was $204, total was $286 for the 10 days/Ford Focus. I am seeing 1 week rentals for $160 base. Not bad with no promo codes seeing that everywhere else is $500-600!
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/ax74fkzbi5nhdzx0.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
rileyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: