Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
Mouserbear
Earning My Ears

Renting a full-sized crib

Hi,

We're doing a sort of last minute trip in June. Our 2 y/o won't sleep in a pack n' play and we're thinking of renting a full-sized crib. And when I mean she won't sleep, she won't sleep, she'll scream, cry, and climb out all night long. We went through this in March. We're staying at WBC, so there should be room in the 2nd bedroom.

Has anyone done this? Do you have a favorite rental company? Any company to stay away from?

Thanks!
Mouserbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
zumbergc
DIS Veteran

We are renting from a babys best friend. This upcoming trip will be the first time to rent a crib. Last time pack n play worked for us

We had rented toys. Rocking chair and some other things too. Everything was clean!!
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
2binak
DVC Owner

We rented a full-size crib from a baby's best friend. They use a heavily scented detergent to wash the bedding in so if you want to avoid that, either request bedding washed in unscented detergent or you can now rent just the crib for a slightly lower price & provide your own bedding.

We rented a toddler bed from them the following year and both experiences were great.

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT, 11/14 BWV
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

We used Orlando crib rental and had a good experience in October. We are using them again next week when we are in disney.
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
VP037388
Mouseketeer

BabiesRUs started doing vacation rentals. They have full size cribs and deliver to your location. If you go to babiesrus.com and scroll all the way to the bottom there is a box/link to their "Travel Rentals". They specifically mention Orlando as a participating site.
We have not used them but I am researching options for our Oct trip.
VP037388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
deva
DIS Veteran

Love Orlando Crib Rentals. They bring right to your room and set up and come get it and take it away. I think Abbf is left at bell svcs and you need to assemble.
deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
2binak
DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by deva View Post
Love Orlando Crib Rentals. They bring right to your room and set up and come get it and take it away. I think Abbf is left at bell svcs and you need to assemble.
Yes, ABBF does leave the items at Bell Services and you assemble, but DH had the crib assembled in 10-15 minutes and no tools were needed. I wouldn't like the idea of having a stranger in our room while we're there so that's good to know about OCR.

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT, 11/14 BWV
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
deva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2binak View Post
Yes, ABBF does leave the items at Bell Services and you assemble, but DH had the crib assembled in 10-15 minutes and no tools were needed. I wouldn't like the idea of having a stranger in our room while we're there so that's good to know about OCR.
Lisa (owner) is fantastic. And she's a mom too. She always did drop off and pick up for us.
deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #9
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I've rented from both, and I like A baby's best friend a little better. They have gotten new cribs, and they do not need any assembly, the sides fold out, and then the board under the mattress folds down and locks the sides in place. Its a nice wooden crib, sturdy and safe. I had been hesitant to rent from A baby's best friend when they had assembly cribs, but the new ones are totally hassle free!

I also like that they deliver and pick up from bell services, because you don't have to be in the room or coordinate pick up times. All you do is call bell services and they bring the crib to your room and drop it off, and then when you are done, you call them and they take it back. I usually will stop in to bell services before we leave to make sure it got brought back Ok, because you are responsible.

With Orlando crib rental, you have to be in the room for delivery and pick up, and they can occasionally be late. I don't like sitting around a hotel room, so I like being able to just deal with bell services.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
Southernswthrt
Mouseketeer

We're going in December and are also considering renting a full size crib for our 20 month old...torn between Kingdom Strollers & A Baby's Best Friend right now! Any suggestions appreciated! Haven't found many comments on the boards regarding Kingdom Strollers crib rentals. We're not really interested in the metal beads from Orlando Crib Rentals.
Southernswthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #11
2princesses1minnie
Earning My Ears

You may want to call the resorts directly and ask about their beds. We stayed at the GF last time and requested PnP's for our 21mos twins. When we got to our room, they had 2 metal cribs waiting for them. They were much more comfortable and very stable.....and free

2/2013 - BLT
12/2010 - GF
10/2007 - WL
5/2007 - WL
2princesses1minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #12
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I know they have them at the Contemporary and the Poly, but not all resorts have the full sized metal cribs, also you are not guaranteed to get one, so if it is make or break, order off site.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #13
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I've rented from both, and I like A baby's best friend a little better. They have gotten new cribs, and they do not need any assembly, the sides fold out, and then the board under the mattress folds down and locks the sides in place. Its a nice wooden crib, sturdy and safe. I had been hesitant to rent from A baby's best friend when they had assembly cribs, but the new ones are totally hassle free!

I also like that they deliver and pick up from bell services, because you don't have to be in the room or coordinate pick up times. All you do is call bell services and they bring the crib to your room and drop it off, and then when you are done, you call them and they take it back. I usually will stop in to bell services before we leave to make sure it got brought back Ok, because you are responsible.

With Orlando crib rental, you have to be in the room for delivery and pick up, and they can occasionally be late. I don't like sitting around a hotel room, so I like being able to just deal with bell services.
Oh I wish I would've done a little more research on ABBF, I didn't like the assembly aspect. However, Lisa at OCR was very nice. That being said this time around I repeated our dinner reservations for the same time, 4:40 and now she is telling me they don't start delivering until 4 and they are busy the day we are arriving. I know they delivered at 3:30 last time and it was perfect. I also realize our room may not be ready until 4, but I was playing the odds!

Hope the timing will work out!
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

When my son was that age, we just put him in the bed and requested bed rails. Not sure if the Wyndham has them though.

Just to note: OP is staying off site so the cribs at the deluxes really wouldn't work for her.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #15
Fall1
DIS Veteran

We have rented them from A Baby's Best Friend twice and they were perfect.
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Fall1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: