Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #16
mariezp
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to share an article I read this morning. It's called History of the Haunted Mansion. Always fun to learn a little something extra about one of your favorite rides. It's a two part-er and here are the links.

http://micechat.com/blogs/the-626/31...on-part-1.html

http://micechat.com/blogs/the-626/31...on-part-2.html

mariezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #17
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I'm here!!

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6 & 7/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13

WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #18
mariezp
DIS Veteran

Thank you WDWJonasGirl for stopping by and letting me know you were here! Hopefully as my trip gets closer there will be a little more to add around here.

I spent some time this morning brushing up on Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise and Indiana Jones trivia. My DS and I sat on our front porch and spent a little time reading Disneyland Detective. Fun book with lots of info and interesting tidbits. For example, did you know that all the props in Indy are authentic antiques or movie props from the Indiana Jones series? Or, that the Tiki Room opened in 1963 and is the longest running show in Disneyland? One can just never have too much Disney knowledge!

Old 06-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #19
mariezp
DIS Veteran

I officially stand corrected! I previously said that I was having a hard time getting excited about Carsland but after having watch a video of the Radiator Springs Racers I can now say that I can't wait to see it! I thought it was going to be just another race car ride. I had no idea it was going to have all the animatronics and the indoor show building! This is going to be fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktjT...layer_embedded

Old 06-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #20
mariezp
DIS Veteran

Oh man! All this excitement about the grand reopening on June 15th has been producing a plethora of interesting articles. I found several today that really peaked my interest so I thought I would share. They all sound like it's going to be amazing!!!

A Walk Down Buena Vista Street
http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/06/...ce=twitterfeed

Another Trip Down Buena Vista Street
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/4XeNqy...-vista-street/

Preview Dinner at Carthay Circle Restaurant
http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/06/...ce=twitterfeed

And then, of course, there's my friend, Sherry E's thread with a ton of amazing photos from the day she spent at the preview.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....79268&page=180

Last edited by mariezp; 06-11-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #21
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Oh my word, how lucky are we and our families!!!!!!!!

A Disneyland holiday AND Cars Land, I mean where do you start???!!!

I am like a kid in a candy store ( I even used your terminology there......we call it a lolly shop )

I totally agree with you, this is going to be AMAZING!!! I mean, I was extremely excited to be going for Halloween, but to have all this new stuff is just going to make it all the more spectacular

We still have so much to catch up on since we were last there, some new some old! For example, we still haven't seen World of Color I know right! We were across the road for 3 weeks and kept putting it off for "another night". Well we got rained and poured on so they cancelled a lot of the shows. Needless to say we missed out, but, we will be catching it twice this time round!
Also, we never did go on the Grizzly rapids as it was just too cold. That is on the to do list too for sure.
The Little Mermaid and Goofy's Sky School will be brand new for us and of course Mater and Lightening McQueen land

I have been good though and have not watched the ride through of radiator Springs Racers................I'm hoping I can hold out so it will be a surprise ( not too sure how I will go!!! )

I keep looking at my watch at work wishing it would go faster............
Old 06-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #22
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

YAY for Carsland, my son was having a bad morning and it turned around just by him watching your link! Sent him off to school happy!

PLanning a second trip for Nov now as well!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #23
mariezp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
Oh my word, how lucky are we and our families!!!!!!!!
You are so right Minnie Sue Oz! I feel very fortunate that we are able to return to Disneyland each year. I am so very glad that we sorta stumbled upon the park as a vacation destination. When I was a child I never would have imagined being able to go somewhere so amazing because we just didn't spend money on such frivolous things. That wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It was just a different way of looking at things. When I got married we started out making a family vacation a priority. Yeah, we probably spend way too much on vacation but in my opinion the time we share together and the memories I am making with my family will last a lifetime. It just so happens that Disneyland is where we choose to do just that and I am very, very thankful that we found it, that my entire family loves it and that we are able to make it our destination 2 weeks out of the year.

Quote:
A Disneyland holiday AND Cars Land, I mean where do you start???!!!
No kidding! The holidays have always been amazing in Disneyland. With all the new improvements in CA it is going to be amazing too! This year it's going to be like winning a lottery... well maybe not quite but sorta... you know what I mean.

Quote:
I am like a kid in a candy store ( I even used your terminology there......we call it a lolly shop )
I am going to have to remember that and use your version sometime. My son will get a kick out of it because he is fascinated with anything language related from different countries.

Quote:
I totally agree with you, this is going to be AMAZING!!! I mean, I was extremely excited to be going for Halloween, but to have all this new stuff is just going to make it all the more spectacular
Will be interesting to see if CA gets any additional decor for Halloween or Christmas. Seeing all the decorations just adds a little extra dose of festivity to the park.

Quote:
We still have so much to catch up on since we were last there, some new some old! For example, we still haven't seen World of Color I know right! We were across the road for 3 weeks and kept putting it off for "another night". Well we got rained and poured on so they cancelled a lot of the shows. Needless to say we missed out, but, we will be catching it twice this time round!
Also, we never did go on the Grizzly rapids as it was just too cold. That is on the to do list too for sure.
The Little Mermaid and Goofy's Sky School will be brand new for us and of course Mater and Lightening McQueen land
Isn't it amazing that you can be there for 2 weeks and still come away with things that you missed? I have no idea how people take 3-4 days trips and feel like they have done and seen it all.
Missing entertainment like that is an easy thing to do. I am often guilty of putting stuff off and missing it too. We should know better than that by now because I know I have read posts from some of the wise folks around the DIS that you should NOT wait until the last minute because there is always a possibility of something getting canceled. Plus, as you mention weather can wreck your plans... not to mention that someone in your party can come down sick. Lots of legitimate reasons to see the things you really want to see FIRST.
I'll be hoping you get to mark off some of the things you've missed this time around. I'd say you are definelty going to make up for previously missing World of Color. And, as for Grizzly River Rapids the trick to getting it done when the weather is cooler is to make sure to ride it, of course, right in the heat of the day or right before you you take a break for the day so you can go back to your room and get out of wet clothing. If you like the dark rides at all I bet you will enjoy Little Mermaid. I know I do. Haven't got to see Ariel since she got her new hairdo. And ya know, I have not ridden Goofy's Sky School since it's re-theming yet either. Thanks for reminding me. I need to put that on my list. I think the only other things on my haven't done list are things I have ridden once and don't really care whether I do again or not... like Space Mountain, and Tower of Terror. So NOT my kind of rides. Oh yeah, and the Bugsland show. It would scare my DD so I don't even think about it.

Quote:
I have been good though and have not watched the ride through of radiator Springs Racers................I'm hoping I can hold out so it will be a surprise ( not too sure how I will go!!! )
You have better resistance than I did! I couldn't help but watch but I understand your way of thinking. In my case I am glad I did simply because it is so much more than I was imaging it was going to be.

Quote:
I keep looking at my watch at work wishing it would go faster............
I know what you mean I am ready for the next few months to fly by so we can hurry up and get there!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey30 View Post
YAY for Carsland, my son was having a bad morning and it turned around just by him watching your link! Sent him off to school happy!

Planning a second trip for Nov now as well!
That is great! I am so glad that a link I provided really brightened someone's day! I know it works for me too.

Whoo-hoo! Today is California Adventure's Re-opening Day! Can't wait to see it all! In the meantime, here's a link to an even more in depth look at Buena Vista Street. Gotta say that I think it is going to be awesome!!! Check it out!

A Closer Look at Buena Vista Street
http://micechat.com/5605-closer-look...-vista-street/

Old 06-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #24
mariezp
DIS Veteran

I've received so many messages and have seen so many posts on Facebook about the Grand Re-opening of California today that I just had to share another of my favorites. Would have loved to have been there in person but youtube is certainly the next best thing. Here's a link to the Re-Opening Ceremony.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi3g3...yer_embedded#!

Another link I found today and really wanted to share is one about a fantastic deal when you pre-order the Disneyland Photopass. I will be getting mine soon! Here's the Disney link.
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/dlrphotopassplus.aspx

And, here's a DIS thread which should help to clarify a lot of questions.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2942216

Haven't posted my countdown in a few days.... only 154 days!!!

Old 06-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #25
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Marie -

Thank you so much for the shout out and for posting the link to the Cars Land/Buena Vista Street section of my TR! I appreciate it!

I had to put a plug in for my Cars Land/Buena Vista Street photos in my Halloween & Christmas threads earlier in the week, just so people would come take a look! The folks who put the actual Cars Land Superthread together seem to have forgotten to add a link to my photo report in their thread, next to all of the other DIS'ers' links! And I took a LOT of detailed photos in the 4 piddly little hours I had to preview DCA! Out of the 749 pictures I took for the whole day, the majority of those were from CL/BVS. Probably a good 75% of the pictures (or more) were from the new lands.

Anyway, thanks again - I wouldn't have plugged my TR in your Pre-TR thread, but since you posted the link without any prompting from me then it's okay!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #26
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Oh my...................have you checked out the new ears for World of Color...... they are syncronised to the show.............this is so much Disney magic all at once I just think I will burst some time soon!!!

I really truly cannot wait for this.........you will love it!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr18V3grRYs

Old 06-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #27
mariezp
DIS Veteran

Oh yes! I saw those glowing ears! They will be amazing.... assuming they are still a part of the show after the summer. One of the ONLY downsides of going in the fall is that it is off season so they often reduce the entertainment offerings along with the hours. Of course, with everything being so new at CA who can even begin to guess what will still be going strong by the time we get there. Guess we will just have to cross our fingers that the glowing Mickey ears are a huge hit and are still a big part of the show indefinitely. Thanks for the link! Now I can watch it any time I want without having to go track it down!

My daughter and I just started taking art lessons together. Our assignment was to bring a photo and see how we do reproducing it. My DD brought one of our dog. Silly me. I took one of the Disneyland castle. Seemed like the perfect subject at the time but now.... do you have any idea just how much detail there is in drawing a castle? A LOT!

Still waiting on airfare to go down. Checking everyday but it still hasn't budged. Come on American Airlines. Give a girl a break!

Only 144 days!

Old 06-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #28
mariezp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Marie -

Thank you so much for the shout out and for posting the link to the Cars Land/Buena Vista Street section of my TR! I appreciate it!

I had to put a plug in for my Cars Land/Buena Vista Street photos in my Halloween & Christmas threads earlier in the week, just so people would come take a look! The folks who put the actual Cars Land Superthread together seem to have forgotten to add a link to my photo report in their thread, next to all of the other DIS'ers' links! And I took a LOT of detailed photos in the 4 piddly little hours I had to preview DCA! Out of the 749 pictures I took for the whole day, the majority of those were from CL/BVS. Probably a good 75% of the pictures (or more) were from the new lands.

Anyway, thanks again - I wouldn't have plugged my TR in your Pre-TR thread, but since you posted the link without any prompting from me then it's okay!
Hey Sherry! Finally getting a chance to get back to you. My DH has been off work from knee surgery since early June. Needless to say, my days have been a little outta whack! Glad you dropped in to say hi. You are certainly welcome on the plug for your thread.You are always such a wonderful help and great source for information so it only seems natural to send folks your way. And, I knew without a doubt, that inquiring minds would want to also know all about Carsland. What better place than from a reliable source from someone who was actually there? All the photos look wonderful!!! I am trying to wait patiently for November to get here. It is so exciting having so much to look forward too!

Oh my! Curious how many of you out there have read the latest Al Lutz update. (over at Micechat)
http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al062612a.htm

He really had quite a shocker this time around! Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens after all the CA hub-bub dies down a bit and they start doing some serious planning in Disneyland. I for one would indeed miss Nemo and my DD might miss Autopia a little.... but as for Innoventions.... I don't think anyone in our household would be sad to see it go. It certainly would be fantastic to see something bigger and better happen in Tomorrowland.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #29
mariezp
DIS Veteran

I appear to be getting restless while waiting for time to pass until our trip gets here. Darn airfare still has not gone down any. Apparently I felt the need to do something vacation related so today I went ahead and pre-ordered my PhotoPass. Now I just need to remember to get lots of photos taken when we get to the park! Should make it an even better deal now that you can add ride photos. Hmmm.... maybe I should start considering a character meal too since you can get those added as well.

Only 136 days!

Old 07-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #30
DreamingofDaWorld
Earning My Ears

Those glowing Mickey Ears are amazing! lol We might have to splurge on those for everyone come November. That is the only bad thing about having a big family- big price tag, even for the little things. I also ordered the Photopass + yesterday. I have so many projects & things to do for our trip, just not enough time. Sigh. My work is interfering with my planning time.

Me-38 DS-17 DS-10 DS-8 DS-7 DS-4 DD-2
:

DreamingofDaWorld is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: