Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #211
holcombe5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
It's finally over!! Congratulations to the Brown family today! What happy and exciting news for Ronnie's biological father. They can finally get on with their lives in peace.

There are lots of things in that court ruling that paint the adoptive family/bio mother in a very bad light. No wonder they wanted to keep the records sealed.

http://www.sccourts.org/opinions/HTMLFiles/SC/27148.pdf
Read the entire case! The adoptive parents didn't ask for the records to be sealed. Birth father and Cherokee Nation did.
holcombe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #212
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holcombe5 View Post
I did! I cut and pasted that directly from the document. Try reading past the majority ruling. The dissenting arguments does a great job of explaining the situation at hand. The one person that truly didn't act in V's best interest in the first place is the one that won. That's a shame. Had he stepped up in the beginning NONE of this would have happened. I just want PaulaSB12 to stop scouring the Internet for any possible place to post nasty, heartless comments about this family. Their life has been completely turned upside down. Have a heart for God's sake.
I felt sympathy for the family, until I saw how they were (and continue to try) to profit off Ronnie.

THAT is inexcusable. Their facebook page is pretty enlightening, for anyone that cares to check it out.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #213
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She's been there for 8 months and you question them continuing to fight for their daughter? What about the 2 1/2 years they raised her? He came, picked her up and they haven't spoken to her since. And that's ok???? What about what's best for Veronica? She lost her Mommy and Daddy and doesn't understand why. Everyone seems to argue about how he has rights, they have rights and the tribe has rights. Good lord, what about her rights? Why hasn't anyone done what's in her best interest? To pull her away from the only family she knew (regardless of the circumstances) and to have no transition is not in any child's best interest.
What was in her best interests was for the adoptive people to not have refused to turn her over in the first place. They thought just keeping her away from him for long enough would give them the ability to argue that it was 'too late' to turn her over and that is ALL ABOUT THEM, not her.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #214
SaraJayne

Quote:
She's been there for 8 months and you question them continuing to fight for their daughter? What about the 2 1/2 years they raised her? He came, picked her up and they haven't spoken to her since. And that's ok???? What about what's best for Veronica? She lost her Mommy and Daddy and doesn't understand why. Everyone seems to argue about how he has rights, they have rights and the tribe has rights. Good lord, what about her rights? Why hasn't anyone done what's in her best interest? To pull her away from the only family she knew (regardless of the circumstances) and to have no transition is not in any child's best interest.
I know this seems hard for you to understand, but it isn't about the people that tried (and failed) to adopt her.

It is about what's best for Ronnie ~ and that is being with her birth father.

It's time for the C's to give it up.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #215
holcombe5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
If your friends hadn't put their story out to the public there wouldn't be anything to scour the internet for. When you go to the public with something, you have to understand everyone isn't going to see the situation as you do.

The dissenting opinion doesn't matter. The final ruling and majority opinion is what counts.
I can respect a difference of opinion but this nonsense about buying babies and being baby thieves has got to stop. They didn't go to the media in the beginning. Some friends did and asked the media to be there the night he picked Veronica up and drove off. From there it kept growing and growing. They didn't want any of this. They were desperate. Their daughter was just taken away. Just as Brown's supporters said he fought hard...they were grasping at straws and did the same thing.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #216
holcombe5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I know this seems hard for you to understand, but it isn't about the people that tried (and failed) to adopt her.

It is about what's best for Ronnie ~ and that is being with her birth father.

It's time for the C's to give it up.
I think Veronica should have a right to have all of them in her life. It's not fair for the man that abandoned her to keep her from the woman that gave birth to her and to completely disregard the people that raised her for the first 2 1/2 years of her life. Not to mention her other siblings and extended family that don't get to be a part of her life anymore either.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #217
mnrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did! I cut and pasted that directly from the document. Try reading past the majority ruling. The dissenting arguments does a great job of explaining the situation at hand. The one person that truly didn't act in V's best interest in the first place is the one that won. That's a shame. Had he stepped up in the beginning NONE of this would have happened. I just want PaulaSB12 to stop scouring the Internet for any possible place to post nasty, heartless comments about this family. Their life has been completely turned upside down. Have a heart for God's sake.

A lot of their heartache is of their OWN making. Even if we accept YOUR version of events (which does not square with the facts as outline in the majority opinion of the court), they knew since the child was 4 months old that there was a problem. They could have acted at that time to minimize the problem, but they did not. They fought tooth and nail for years, and then started arguing that because so much time had passed, they should be allowed to keep the child. I call BS on that.

Look, I have several friends who have had adoptions disrupted. It is heartbreaking for sure. However, it is a risk of adoption, one that is carefully explained by any reputable agency. Once a birth parent (and that's what he is...a birth parent...pretty insulting to call him sperm donor) has asserted their rights, they need to be respected.

It does them no good to carry on this fight. They do not look heroic. They are beginning to look evil. If they cared about that child, they would leave her be in peace and let her get on with her life with the family she should have had from the beginning. That's what's in the best interest of that child.
mnrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #218
SaraJayne

Quote:
I think Veronica should have a right to have all of them in her life. It's not fair for the man that abandoned her to keep her from the woman that gave birth to her and to completely disregard the people that raised her for the first 2 1/2 years of her life. Not to mention her other siblings and extended family that don't get to be a part of her life anymore either.
Thankfully, the court disagrees with you. And Ronnie does have siblings with her.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #219
holcombe5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
What was in her best interests was for the adoptive people to not have refused to turn her over in the first place. They thought just keeping her away from him for long enough would give them the ability to argue that it was 'too late' to turn her over and that is ALL ABOUT THEM, not her.
What people fail to understand is that they couldn't 'just return her.' First, I don't think they should have been expected to just turn her over. For them, who is this man? After birth and four months old, he decides he wants to be a part of her life. I don't disagree that he should have a relationship with her but just turning her over isn't black and white. They have an open relationship with the birth mother and her opinion would most likely play a role too. But the reality is that V was a ward of the court. They wouldn't have been able to 'just give her' back until the court said so. That day came on New Year's Eve. They plead for the courts to provide a transition period but yet again, our court system let this child down.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #220
holcombe5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thankfully, the court disagrees with you. And Ronnie does have siblings with her.
She has a brother and sister with her birth mother. The paternal family members aren't the only people in this child's life! One day V will know that.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #221
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can respect a difference of opinion but this nonsense about buying babies and being baby thieves has got to stop. They didn't go to the media in the beginning. Some friends did and asked the media to be there the night he picked Veronica up and drove off. From there it kept growing and growing. They didn't want any of this. They were desperate. Their daughter was just taken away. Just as Brown's supporters said he fought hard...they were grasping at straws and did the same thing.
How is that in her best interests? That's pure evil, imo, trying to mainpulate people using a crying child as fodder. They went to the media, whether by proxy or not, they're completely complicit in that. They didn't change anything, they allowed that to occur, even if it had had nothing to do with them, which seems unlikely, given their unending public commenting.

He did not abandon her.

The adoptive people's family is not her extended family.

I am all for adoption, I only use the term 'real parents' when referring to the adoptive parents in a real adoption. This is not that. This is a pair of nuts, entirely concerned with themselves, and totally willing to damage a child in the process.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #222
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

Quote:
What people fail to understand is that they couldn't 'just return her.' First, I don't think they should have been expected to just turn her over. For them, who is this man? After birth and four months old, he decides he wants to be a part of her life. I don't disagree that he should have a relationship with her but just turning her over isn't black and white. They have an open relationship with the birth mother and her opinion would most likely play a role too. But the reality is that V was a ward of the court. They wouldn't have been able to 'just give her' back until the court said so. That day came on New Year's Eve. They plead for the courts to provide a transition period but yet again, our court system let this child down.
Actually, if they had done the right thing to begin with, they wouldn't have adopted the child, but at 4 months, when they were notified, it would have only taken a short time to return the little girl to her father. 2.5 years is due solely to the irresponsible, selfish nature of the adoptive parents.
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #223
holcombe5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I felt sympathy for the family, until I saw how they were (and continue to try) to profit off Ronnie.

THAT is inexcusable. Their facebook page is pretty enlightening, for anyone that cares to check it out.
Their friends and supporters are raising money to help them. They don't get the funds. They are managed by a nonprofit and paid directly through a legal fund. I don't see anything wrong with fund-raising for friends in need. http://www.facebook.com/saveveronicarose
Old 08-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #224
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

Quote:
She has a brother and sister with her birth mother. The paternal family members aren't the only people in this child's life! One day V will know that.
And if her birth mother had acted in good faith, in reasonable manner to begin with, this little girl would've had a good relationship with all her siblings. Now, sadly, it will likely take time for feelings to settle and arrangements to be made.

And there will always be the looming specter of the adoptive parents, who sound obsessed enough to become stalkers - if they really wanted what was best for this little girl, they would leave her and her family be to heal.
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #225
holcombe5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlingcoyote View Post
Actually, if they had done the right thing to begin with, they wouldn't have adopted the child, but at 4 months, when they were notified, it would have only taken a short time to return the little girl to her father. 2.5 years is due solely to the irresponsible, selfish nature of the adoptive parents.
The court system dictated when she was returned. The adoptive parents do not have that say. IF they had "returned" her as so many of you demand...she would have gone into foster care not to Mr. Brown. It's as cut and dry as you want it to be.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: