Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #151
holcombe5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
If you find out, could you let us know, please?
The South Carolina Supreme Court heard the case on April 17. Waiting on a final ruling. Veronica is in Oklahoma with her birth father and his family. They have not allowed her to see or speak with her birth mother or the adoptive family. I read somewhere earlier that he signed papers while he was deployed. He was not deployed until 5 months after she was born.
holcombe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #152
tammymacb
Under da sea, under da sea, darlin' it's betta down where it's wetta take it from me!

And a US Supreme Court ruling yesterday...

that seems to be excellent news for V's adoptive parents.

http://64.38.12.138/News/2012/005735.asp

tammymacb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #153
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

This poor little girl. Getting ripped from one family to the next. I hope that who ever ends up with her gets her some good counseling. She is going to need it by the time they are done fighting this out in court..

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #154
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidict View Post
This poor little girl. Getting ripped from one family to the next. I hope that who ever ends up with her gets her some good counseling. She is going to need it by the time they are done fighting this out in court..
I agree 100%. Enough already!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #155
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
I agree 100%. Enough already!
You'll notice you're only hearing one side in the media. The bio father has chosen to live quietly and obey the gag order put forth from the court. He has chosen to keep Ronnie and his family out of the spotlight. He has not asked for money from anyone.

The same can't be said for the Capobianco's.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #156
tammymacb
Under da sea, under da sea, darlin' it's betta down where it's wetta take it from me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
You'll notice you're only hearing one side in the media. The bio father has chosen to live quietly and obey the gag order put forth from the court. He has chosen to keep Ronnie and his family out of the spotlight. He has not asked for money from anyone.

The same can't be said for the Capobianco's.
Maybe you'd sit on your hands if your 2 year old was legally kidnapped. I wouldn't. Nor would the Copabiancos. The Supreme Court seems to be siding with them.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #157
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammymacb View Post
Maybe you'd sit on your hands if your 2 year old was legally kidnapped. I wouldn't. Nor would the Copabiancos. The Supreme Court seems to be siding with them.
They are bringing unnecessary stress and attention to the situation. Let the court handle it, stop using the media (regular and social) to get sympathy. It only makes the situation worse for the girl.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #158
SaraJayne

Quote:
Kidnapped? KIDNAPPED??

The adoption was never finalized. Mr. Brown was within the time allotted by law to petition the court for custody. Ronnie was 4 months old when this all started.

I can't have a serious conversation with someone that believes this child was kidnapped.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #159
tammymacb

Time will tell.

There should be a SC Supreme Court ruling at any time. If for some reason, they ruled against the adoptive parents, it seems like a US Appeallate Court would use this exact ruling to throw it out.

My guess is she's going home.

And I guess we'll agree to disagree. He signed off on her. She was legally kidnapped in my opinion.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #160
SaraJayne

Quote:
Time will tell.

There should be a SC Supreme Court ruling at any time. If for some reason, they ruled against the adoptive parents, it seems like a US Appeallate Court would use this exact ruling to throw it out.

And I guess we'll agree to disagree. He signed off on her. She was legally kidnapped in my opinion.

She is home, with her father.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #161
tammymacb

Yep, the father who signed away his rights to her so he didn't have to pay child support.

He's a peach.

She's ONLY with him because of ICWA. That was the ruling that returned her. The Supreme Court ruling is about an almost identical case.

It's almost over.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #162
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Time will tell.

You sound like this little girl is a raffle prize to be won or something. You realize this is a little girl and this tug o'war isn't healthy for her, right? You realize that by ignoring the gag order and using the media for sympathy, these people sound like they care more about winning than what is ultimately best for the girl, right?
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #163
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
You sound like this little girl is a raffle prize to be won or something. You realize this is a little girl and this tug o'war isn't healthy for her, right? You realize that by ignoring the gag order and using the media for sympathy, these people sound like they care more about winning than what is ultimately best for the girl, right?
I don't think that matters to some. In the end, it's all about winning and proving the other person wrong. Gloating in their victory while a young innocent child is left crying in the corner. It's so horrible how the well being of the child gets pushed to the side so the adults can play at their power games.

I'm sure that the Cabobianco's love this little girl and feel that it is best for her to stay in their family and home. I just think that they are going about it in a way that may very well be damaging to her.

And the kidnapping part? I agree, it's hysterical. Has to be the most ludicrous load of hyperbole in this whole thread.

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #164
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidict View Post
I don't think that matters to some. In the end, it's all about winning and proving the other person wrong. Gloating in their victory while a young innocent child is left crying in the corner. It's so horrible how the well being of the child gets pushed to the side so the adults can play at their power games.

I'm sure that the Cabobianco's love this little girl and feel that it is best for her to stay in their family and home. I just think that they are going about it in a way that may very well be damaging to her.

And the kidnapping part? I agree, it's hysterical. Has to be the most ludicrous load of hyperbole in this whole thread.
at this point, her dad is the family she knows. so to take her send her back to the other family - that isn't even related to her - would be awful.
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #165
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

So its 1st June what is the latest on this case? I tried googling it but nothing past may17 came up.
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: