Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #886
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Heading out tonight as well hoping for low crowds!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #887
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

I'm still debating on when to order or buy tickets. We plan on going on the 16th and I highly doubt that it will sell out given that they just added more discounts on for that evening. With all the rain lately I was hoping to employ a wait and see approach before buying the tickets. We have other nights that we can go but I think it would be the perfect way to celebrate my 40th bday
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #888
wdwfanatic316
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
I'm still debating on when to order or buy tickets. We plan on going on the 16th and I highly doubt that it will sell out given that they just added more discounts on for that evening. With all the rain lately I was hoping to employ a wait and see approach before buying the tickets. We have other nights that we can go but I think it would be the perfect way to celebrate my 40th bday

That's the same night we're thinking of. I keep resisting the urge to order the tix. We could attend the 18th, but would rather go on the 16th for my Uncle's 66th birthday! Can't decide if I should go ahead and order though, I would hate for them to be sold out, but this is our first MNNSHP and I'm really hoping for nice weather. Decisions, decisions!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #889
Tiny Disney Dancer
Earning My Ears

I am sure this is elsewhere in the thread, but I don't have time to find it...

What time can you get in to MK with your party ticket? (We do not have park tickets tomorrow -- just party tickets.)

TIA!
Tiny Disney Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #890
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Disney Dancer View Post
I am sure this is elsewhere in the thread, but I don't have time to find it...

What time can you get in to MK with your party ticket? (We do not have park tickets tomorrow -- just party tickets.)

TIA!
4:00p.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #891
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Some Peep advice as you leave for the night. Out side the turnstile there are 2 peep stops. We left at 11:30. The Peep stop on the right gave us hand fulls of Peeps! Their bin was very full. The monorail had closed at 8pm so very few people were exiting that way. Once we realized the monorail was closed we headed the other direction to exit. Passing the 2nd Peep stop that was closing up shop because theirs was empty. So the advice, exit on the far right towards the monorail if you want Peeps.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #892
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Some Peep advice as you leave for the night. Out side the turnstile there are 2 peep stops. We left at 11:30. The Peep stop on the right gave us hand fulls of Peeps! Their bin was very full. The monorail had closed at 8pm so very few people were exiting that way. Once we realized the monorail was closed we headed the other direction to exit. Passing the 2nd Peep stop that was closing up shop because theirs was empty. So the advice, exit on the far right towards the monorail if you want Peeps.
Thanks for the advice! My kids keep asking me to buy peeps and I keep telling them no because they will get them at MNSSHP
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #893
MarlaSingersLaundry
Mouseketeer

Rain, rain, go away! We're leaving Sunday and going to the party on 10-8. Really hoping it doesn't rain! We've already purchased the tickets. We're super excited and sure we'll have a good time even if it rains! We're dressing in an Alice in Wonderland there.

1985 Off site~1986 Off site~1990 CBR~1992 DL~2001 Off site~2003 Hong Kong Disneyland~4/10 AKV~4/11 SSR and Pop~12/11 AKV~10/12 VWL~12/12 OKW~2/13 AKV~5/13 WL~10/13 England~12/13 VGF~2/9 BLT~5/14 ALV~10/14 VGF
MarlaSingersLaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #894
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Wow! I have read through this entire thread tonight. Thanks for all the information. I'm very torn about buying our tickets for 21 and/or 23 ahead of time or waiting until we get there on the 20th. That is getting so close to Halloween I hate to find out they sale out, but I would sure hate to be holding them at then it be a 100% chance of rain and storms (like I hear tonight was). *sigh*

Decisions, decisions. I have a feeling I'm going to take that plunge within the next couple days as I'm so anxious about them selling out.
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #895
ruley3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksloane
Wow! I have read through this entire thread tonight. Thanks for all the information. I'm very torn about buying our tickets for 21 and/or 23 ahead of time or waiting until we get there on the 20th. That is getting so close to Halloween I hate to find out they sale out, but I would sure hate to be holding them at then it be a 100% chance of rain and storms (like I hear tonight was). *sigh*

Decisions, decisions. I have a feeling I'm going to take that plunge within the next couple days as I'm so anxious about them selling out.
Yes it poured rain but honestly we still had a blast. We only did candy stations in adventure land late in evening and they filled the bags since we went end of night. No lines! Perfect spot for parade right as it started when we walked off Aladdin carpet ride. Fireworks still awesome! No waits for any rides except Peter pan about 20 min..... I didn't like the rain but we made it work! Tip do haunted mansion before party if you want to ride without huge line.

Gold Member "Vacation to save Sanity"

ruley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #896
ladyhatter92
Earning My Ears

Can someone tell me which direction the HH rides and where he pauses. He really is a must see. Also where are the best spots for the actual parade if your not on Main Street? Do you still get a good view from frontier land/ liberty square? Also I want a good general spot so I can see it coming towards me (for photos)
ladyhatter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #897
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyhatter92
Can someone tell me which direction the HH rides and where he pauses. He really is a must see. Also where are the best spots for the actual parade if your not on Main Street? Do you still get a good view from frontier land/ liberty square? Also I want a good general spot so I can see it coming towards me (for photos)
HH rides same direction as parade--Splash to Town Square. I think he pauses at the Liberty Square bridge into the Hub.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #898
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

We were at the party last night- oh my- lightening, rain it was a mess! They did however give us tickets for tonight! I have a feeling it will be very crowded! They were really nice about it too. We stayed until830 did not see the first candy station due to the weather- no outside character were out and we were told the parade would not be happening. Hoping for better weather tonight!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #899
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1
We were at the party last night- oh my- lightening, rain it was a mess! They did however give us tickets for tonight! I have a feeling it will be very crowded! They were really nice about it too. We stayed until830 did not see the first candy station due to the weather- no outside character were out and we were told the parade would not be happening. Hoping for better weather tonight!
Did you have to stand in line at City Hall last night to get tickets for tonight?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 10-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #900
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

No we did it at our hotel. I was not standing in that line in the lightening. We checked at the building to the left of city hall and they told us they were instructed to tell people to check with their resorts. We would've managed in the rain- but the lightening was a no no for us.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: