Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #871
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMagic View Post
Another silly question here - I purchased our tickets Will Call. Where do I pick these up? TTC?
Yes, TTC. That's where I picked mine up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
I was at the sold out party on Friday night (11/28). I tried to post from the park but I guess it didn't work. Anyway here's my helpful advice/thoughts:

If you eat at CRT during the party you get a free Halloween dessert. It wasn't extraordinarily tasty or anything, but it did look lovely:

We were surprised to find that our CRT reservation was ready a full 25 minutes earlier than expected (had a 6:45 reservation, got seated immediately upon checking in at 6:20). We were a little disappointed to find that we couldn't walk through the castle to main street.

Despite a sold out crowd all of the rides were walk ons.

The Haunted Mansion did have characters out front interacting with the crowd (talking/singing) but you couldn't get a photo taken with them. Unless you count standing in front of the railing while they sit on the bench 10 ft. behind you.

All of the candy spots we stopped at had 10 to 15 minute lines, except for the candy stop in Adventureland by the Jungle Cruise. That line barely existed. Lucky for me that was also the stop giving out bananas. With the heat and humidity we were sweating enough to crave one. You are required to take candy first, which I guess explained why most people just bypassed the bananas on the way out. That meant between the two of us we got 4!

There are no more Halloween party specific photo passes with the discount on the back. We asked three photographers before we found one who even remembered them from years past.

If you decide to sit at Casey's for the fireworks be careful of the seats where the lamp post and the tree block your view. The bulk of the fireworks take place on the left hand side of the castle (Adventureland/Frontierland side), so that's the spot you're going to want to be able to see.

While the 8:15 parade had 5 and 6 people deep around the castle loop, down main street we found an empty spot on the curb about 10 minutes before it started. I'm not sure why maybe the closer you are to the train station the less desirable the spots? Either way, it was a great viewing spot and was open so if you find yourself deep in the crowd at the castle, try walking down.

We took one of those Ziploc giant bags (2ft by 3ft) and brought mundane clothing to change into after our pictures were done. That was really a blessing! I'd recommend packing the bag with clothes, Vaseline for chafing spots and blisters, a few baby wipes, and a clean pair of socks, etc. The bag fit fine in the regular size locker, which was good since the locker folks didn't seem to think there were 'large' lockers anymore.

Also, my fairy wings were too large to fit in the locker so the locker services folks checked them for me for free. There was a bit of a mix up about where they'd be (city hall or the locker services place). It took three castmembers but we finally found them. Lesson learned: the best place to look for your stuff is where you handed it over.

All in all our party was great! We got to see the headless horseman and the Disney Pass Photographer took a slew of great pictures. It was ugly hot and humid though, next time I'll go in the middle of October when things are just a tiny bit cooler. Anyone know when the crowds start getting bad in October? (and don't tell my family I'm already planning our next trip )
Glad you had a great party. It seems to me Columbus Day brings in the Oct crowds.

Your dessert looked great!

We learned the same lesson with my son's wheel chair at the carriage ride at POR as you did with the wings.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #872
NMK62303
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I can confirm it, and it is in the same location as what I see in smitch's picture--on the far right as you exit. It is not listed on the party maps.
Awesome!! Thanks so much!

NMK62303 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #873
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Thank you to everyone whose posting as they go. It really is helping me and others get a grasp of what to expect. Sounds like everyone is having a great time.
Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Dec 2013 Disneyland trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #874
ZiPaD3doDAH
Mouseketeer

Got my ticket for October 26

Question: I know in the past some people have gotten inside MK around 4pm with their event ticket even though the event does not start until 7pm. Can someone confirm this?

<--Pls click these-->
ZiPaD3doDAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #876
ZiPaD3doDAH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Yes, 4pm
Thank you! :D

<--Pls click these-->
ZiPaD3doDAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #877
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I'm going to throw my question out here again. Is it possible to do everything at the party in one night? If so, how would you do it. If not, how many parties would it take to do everything?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #878
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
I'm going to throw my question out here again.

1. Is it possible to do everything* at the party in one night?

2. If so, how would you do it.

3. If not, how many parties would it take to do everything?
1. That's easy--no.

2. N/A

3. My over/under is at about 3.

* "Everything" being seeing one parade, one fireworks, all candy stations, one show, both dance parties, shopping for party-specific merch, and all characters not available otherwise.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #879
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
1. That's easy--no.

2. N/A

3. My over/under is at about 3.

* "Everything" being seeing one parade, one fireworks, all candy stations, one show, both dance parties, shopping for party-specific merch, and all characters not available otherwise.
Thank you so much. That puts it in a much better perspective for me!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #880
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Thank you so much. That puts it in a much better perspective for me!
I think on low-crowd parties, you could possibly do "everything" in 2 nights. But as I'm sure you've read, low-crowd parties seem to be hard to find.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #881
jjj444
DIS Veteran

I am hoping Colombus day crowds start to thin out after that following weekend?? We leave the 18th and we are doing our first mnsshp and are hoping for a smaller crowd so we can do as much as possible because this will be our one and only time What are your thoughts for crowds the 23rd or 25th(tues or thurs)
May 2008 Disneyland: Me, DH, Son and baby in my belly
July 4th 2008 Disneyworld:Me, DH, Son and baby in my belly go with Grandma and cousins
May 2010 Disneyworld: Me, DH,Son and Daughter(her first trip outside of womb)
May 6th and 7th 2011 for 2 quick days before the beach!
October 18th-26th:Me, Dh, Son and daughter did MNSSHP, saw new Fantasyland and went to Food and wine
jjj444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #882
turftoega
Family sherpa and pack mule

Quote:
I think on low-crowd parties, you could possibly do "everything" in 2 nights. But as I'm sure you've read, low-crowd parties seem to be hard to find.
We had a low crowd party last year and were able to do everything.....on the left hand side of the park. Never made it to Tomorrowland and we were there at 4 and closed the park. There's so much to do and you really don't don't want to rush through things and not enjoy it. I'd pick 5 must do things , 5 want to dos, and 5 wishes. That way you won't be disappointed and might be surprised.

turftoega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #883
caseyd66
Earning My Ears

Do Donald and daisy come out right at 7? They are my dd's must meet! TIA
caseyd66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #884
cgattis
DIS Veteran

We saw knight Donald and princess Daisy next to the carrousel every time we walked past it at the 9/30 party. Never more than 10-15 in line, but my kids would never stop . Not sure when they come out, but I think you'd be able to catch them most any time.
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #885
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

We'll be there tonight! Can't wait!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: