Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #451
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 25,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljoo8
Any idea how many tickets Disney sells to MVMCP? I mean if it's a crowded party or even sold out, is it a smaller or bigger crowd than a normal MSEP/Wishes night? We are going Dec 16-21. I know it will be crowded that week, but will it be more crowded for the party on Sunday or Tuesday or will it be more crowded on Monday or Wednesday for the regular stuff?
Smaller crowd for parties, but more concentrated in the Hub and on Main Street. Those areas will be crowded regardless.
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #452
tchrchgo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 459

we went on 12/16 and DID NOT enjoy it. the park actually felt more crowded after 7 than it did before. We got there at 4 and had basically 10-20 min waits for most rides. After 7 we waited 25-30 min for rides. You couldnt walk for all the people everywhere. We got tired of being elbowed and having unsupervised teens cut the lines, so we left earlier than we planned. Never again.
tchrchgo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #453
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

 
KapBoy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 409

We went on Dec 14 and it was very disappointing. After a week of never waiting in line that's all we did that night. The park felt super full! It took 25 minutes just to ride Astro Orbiter.

So the party was super full and another weird thing. We've been told countless times here that the lineups for the 7 Dwarves is insane so we lined up at 6:00... We were 5th in line and by seven there were maybe 12 of us in line. What!??

Anyways... Will probably never do this again. The amount of people made it miserable.
__________________
DIS Dad #749
KapBoy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #454
mom2travel
DIS Veteran
 
mom2travel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 2,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrchgo
we went on 12/16 and DID NOT enjoy it. the park actually felt more crowded after 7 than it did before. We got there at 4 and had basically 10-20 min waits for most rides. After 7 we waited 25-30 min for rides. You couldnt walk for all the people everywhere. We got tired of being elbowed and having unsupervised teens cut the lines, so we left earlier than we planned. Never again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapBoy77
We went on Dec 14 and it was very disappointing. After a week of never waiting in line that's all we did that night. The park felt super full! It took 25 minutes just to ride Astro Orbiter.

So the party was super full and another weird thing. We've been told countless times here that the lineups for the 7 Dwarves is insane so we lined up at 6:00... We were 5th in line and by seven there were maybe 12 of us in line. What!??

Anyways... Will probably never do this again. The amount of people made it miserable.
Sorry to hear you both had a bad time. We were there on Friday 12/7 and had a blast! We didn't feel that the party crowds were bad at all or impeded our progress/enjoyment.

The longest ride line we had was for the new little mermaid ride at about 10-15 minutes, and that was before the party started. Character-wise we waited for 15 minutes before the party for Pooh & Tigger; at the start of the party, waited 5-10 min for Cinderella & family.

Seems like the crowds increase as the dates get closer to Christmas. And by day of the week
__________________
Me, DH, DS, DD

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #455
mslhb
Mouseketeer
 
mslhb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 352

We went to the party on 12/4 and thought it was great. Did not think it was that crowded at all. Longest wait of the night for us was Peter Pan and that was maybe 10-15 minutes. We lucked out with awesome weather too. I was hesitant to get the party tickets based on mixed reviews but in the end we loved it and thought it was great.
__________________
(me) (DH) (DD6)
mslhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #456
LekiaHall
Mouseketeer
 
LekiaHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Metro DC Area
Posts: 388

Went to the party last night (home now ). Glad we did it once, but I was not that impressed. Lines were anywhere from a 0-20 minute wait, but it was really that way on our other MK day beause party days are light days in the park. And the one attraction that is crowded during the day is not available at the party (Storytime with Belle).

Not sure about the crowds for characters. Our waits were minimal. 20 minutes for Cindy (got in line at about 7:15/7:30); and about 5 minutes to see the other princesses when we went at 8PM. Came out in time for the first parade and had a great spot.

Would have left early but we wanted to get our money's worth (and my youngest wanted to meet Tiana who we'd missed all day). Soooo glad that both Tiana and Naveen came out even though the rain was coming down hard and it was 11PM. Bonus was that we were the only family in line so we got extra time.

So, yeah, glad we experienced it to say we've done it, but would never do again. Paid $400, so it was a double-whammy to get (at times heavily) rained on from 9:30 onwards.
__________________
Disney trips: (1) April 25-May 2, 2009, off-site; (2) May 1-May 9, 2010, off-site : (3) First Christmas: December 13-21, 2012
Me/DH , DD-18 , DD-14 , DS-11 , DD-5

LekiaHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #457
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 25,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by LekiaHall
Went to the party last night (home now ). Glad we did it once, but I was not that impressed. Lines were anywhere from a 0-20 minute wait, but it was really that way on our other MK day beause party days are light days in the park. And the one attraction that is crowded during the day is not available at the party (Storytime with Belle).

Not sure about the crowds for characters. Our waits were minimal. 20 minutes for Cindy (got in line at about 7:15/7:30); and about 5 minutes to see the other princesses when we went at 8PM. Came out in time for the first parade and had a great spot.

Would have left early but we wanted to get our money's worth (and my youngest wanted to meet Tiana who we'd missed all day). Soooo glad that both Tiana and Naveen came out even though the rain was coming down hard and it was 11PM. Bonus was that we were the only family in line so we got extra time.

So, yeah, glad we experienced it to say we've done it, but would never do again. Paid $400, so it was a double-whammy to get (at times heavily) rained on from 9:30 onwards.
Enchanted Tale With Belle wasn't running during your party?
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #458
LekiaHall
Mouseketeer
 
LekiaHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Metro DC Area
Posts: 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Enchanted Tale With Belle wasn't running during your party?
Oh, shoot. Did I miss this for no good reason??? The attraction was not listed on my guide and when I was over there to meet Cindy, the attraction looked closed and there was no one in line.
__________________
Disney trips: (1) April 25-May 2, 2009, off-site; (2) May 1-May 9, 2010, off-site : (3) First Christmas: December 13-21, 2012
Me/DH , DD-18 , DD-14 , DS-11 , DD-5

LekiaHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #459
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by LekiaHall View Post
Oh, shoot. Did I miss this for no good reason??? The attraction was not listed on my guide and when I was over there to meet Cindy, the attraction looked closed and there was no one in line.
It was running both parties I went to, 11/29 and 12/2. In fact I did it during the 12/2 party. I know it's been at every party I've heard of so far.
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #460
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrchgo View Post
we went on 12/16 and DID NOT enjoy it. the park actually felt more crowded after 7 than it did before. We got there at 4 and had basically 10-20 min waits for most rides. After 7 we waited 25-30 min for rides. You couldnt walk for all the people everywhere. We got tired of being elbowed and having unsupervised teens cut the lines, so we left earlier than we planned. Never again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KapBoy77 View Post
We went on Dec 14 and it was very disappointing. After a week of never waiting in line that's all we did that night. The park felt super full! It took 25 minutes just to ride Astro Orbiter.

So the party was super full and another weird thing. We've been told countless times here that the lineups for the 7 Dwarves is insane so we lined up at 6:00... We were 5th in line and by seven there were maybe 12 of us in line. What!??

Anyways... Will probably never do this again. The amount of people made it miserable.
Why were you riding rides at the parties when you can do that during regular park hours? When I go to the MVMCP, I go for the party-specific things - the parade, Holiday Wishes, and the stage shows.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #461
LekiaHall
Mouseketeer
 
LekiaHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Metro DC Area
Posts: 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
It was running both parties I went to, 11/29 and 12/2. In fact I did it during the 12/2 party. I know it's been at every party I've heard of so far.
Was it listed on your party map?

Did anyone else attend the 12/20 party and see this attraction open? Maybe I'm losing it (which is entirely possible).
__________________
Disney trips: (1) April 25-May 2, 2009, off-site; (2) May 1-May 9, 2010, off-site : (3) First Christmas: December 13-21, 2012
Me/DH , DD-18 , DD-14 , DS-11 , DD-5

LekiaHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #462
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by LekiaHall View Post
Was it listed on your party map?

Did anyone else attend the 12/20 party and see this attraction open? Maybe I'm losing it (which is entirely possible).
I don't think it was, but I'd have to look at my map and it's not near me now. I don't think FLE was marked as open at all, but both Belle and Little Mermaid were open at both parties I went to.
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #463
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

 
KapBoy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Why were you riding rides at the parties when you can do that during regular park hours? When I go to the MVMCP, I go for the party-specific things - the parade, Holiday Wishes, and the stage shows.
Well probably because that's what we wanted to do. We saw Wishes too btw. But I mean if you are there almost 7 hours, it does allow time to do other things (like ride a few rides) instead of standing there on Main Street all night sticking your tongue out to catch fake snow.
KapBoy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #464
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kettering, UK
Posts: 6,046

I went last night and had a great time, loved the castle the parade and the fireworks. Got a little chilly at the end but hot chocolate helped. I had another cup on the way out and the woman serving insisted I took seven cookies, what can I say didn't want to be rude so I will be eating them over the next few days.

PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #465
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 29,332

Quote:
Originally Posted by LekiaHall View Post
Oh, shoot. Did I miss this for no good reason??? The attraction was not listed on my guide and when I was over there to meet Cindy, the attraction looked closed and there was no one in line.
I was told by a Disney rep that having ETWB open during the party was the reason Belle would not be appearing in her Christmas gown (with the Beast) as she has for years.

That's not to say that things don't happen on a given night though. One night we were there and planned to meet Scrooge McDuck, only to find out he was a no-show for that night. "Entertainment is subject to change" is all I was told.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.