Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #436
ericar
Mouseketeer

Weather changes parades

just wanted to let everyone know that I was to two MVMCP nights this week.
The first one was on a night that had some rain and mist earlier. The skaters,
skiers and floats with horses were not there. We wouldn't have known the difference if we hadn't gone to a second party on a dry night.
ericar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #437
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

I just want to say thanks to mesaboy and kennythepirate and everyone else on this thread for all the helpful advice. We went to the party on the 6th and had a great time! We focused more on the characters & parade but still got in a handful of rides before the party started and then right before we left. We ate a quick dinner at Pecos Bills then We started by getting in line for the dwarves around 6:15 and were about sixth in line, somehow Sleepy still disappeared & we only had six dwarves in our photo. but they we're really fun! We walked through Adventureland and happened upon Jack Sparrow coming out with only two families in line after we met the dwarves and had a fun time meeting him. Then we went to meet Aladdin/Abu but they switched out to Jasmine/Genie right after we got in line. Their line was super long so we didn't wait for Aladdin & Abu to come out but just managed to find a spot by Pecos Bills for the first parade..we were lucky as it was packed 15 minutes before parade time. We loved the parade! The floats were fun and did smell pretty yummy! We then headed to meet Scrooge McDuck then to Tomorrowland, stopped for a PhotoPass picture spot, then met Phineus and Ferb, rode a few rides, sorta watched the fireworks, grabbed our first cookies & hot cocoa and then we were fairly tired & our 2 year old was done so we headed back to the hotel. We had early ADRs the next morning so if we were to do it again we wouldn't plan an early morning so we could stay out later and sleep in.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #438
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire
I just want to say thanks to mesaboy and kennythepirate and everyone else on this thread for all the helpful advice. We went to the party on the 6th and had a great time! We focused more on the characters & parade but still got in a handful of rides before the party started and then right before we left. We ate a quick dinner at Pecos Bills then We started by getting in line for the dwarves around 6:15 and were about sixth in line, somehow Sleepy still disappeared & we only had six dwarves in our photo. but they we're really fun! We walked through Adventureland and happened upon Jack Sparrow coming out with only two families in line after we met the dwarves and had a fun time meeting him. Then we went to meet Aladdin/Abu but they switched out to Jasmine/Genie right after we got in line. Their line was super long so we didn't wait for Aladdin & Abu to come out but just managed to find a spot by Pecos Bills for the first parade..we were lucky as it was packed 15 minutes before parade time. We loved the parade! The floats were fun and did smell pretty yummy! We then headed to meet Scrooge McDuck then to Tomorrowland, stopped for a PhotoPass picture spot, then met Phineus and Ferb, rode a few rides, sorta watched the fireworks, grabbed our first cookies & hot cocoa and then we were fairly tired & our 2 year old was done so we headed back to the hotel. We had early ADRs the next morning so if we were to do it again we wouldn't plan an early morning so we could stay out later and sleep in.
Yay! Glad you had a great time!

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #439
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
Two questions
1 according to what I was told you get a mug of coco and a cookie how is this handed out?
2 How come there isn't a Christmas party on the 25?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
1. You go to any of several locations around the park and they are given to you.

2. Parties are primarily a way of increasing park attendance when crowds are low. There are already extremely high crowds on Christmas Day.
1. Actually, it's a paper cup, not a mug.

2. Also, the park closes early to regular guests on party nights. I can't imagine that that would go over to well on a busy day like Christmas.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #440
Cadyrose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire
I have to repeat this as well...

We went on the 13th and got all the characters we wanted with (for the moat part) minimum wait time with help from this board.

The Princesses and Princes- this was our longest because we anticipated long lines and thought we had to choose between them and the dwarves. Wait time was about an 90 minutes but 30 was in the gift shop as we weren't allowed to get in line until 6:15.

Peter and Wendy- 20 mins.
Cinderella, Charming & the Tremaines- 30 mins.
Uncle Scrooge- 20 mins
Mickey and Minnie- 5 minutes after 1st parade

Did fireworks, celebrate the magic and 2nd parade in....

Finished with a 20 min wait for the dwarves after 2nd parade as everyone else was leaving and still got in 4 rides to finish the night.

Couldn't have done it all without the help of the DIS!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #441
hcollins
Earning My Ears

We are going to our first Christmas Party tomorrow (12/16). We are only spending one night in Disney and going to MK both days. I am so excited to see all the characters and all the special Christmas events. I love Christmas everything. This was a spur of the moment trip.

I have been reading the posts and hopefully everything will go smoothly tomorrow. Usually we would spend some time at the other parks. But since we are only spending 2 days we decided to soak in all of Magic Kingdom. We will be going back for our bigger Disney vacation in May. We are so lucky to be able to go twice in one year! :-).

Thanks for all the pointers everyone :-)
May 2013-Polynesian

We are mixing it up this year and going in May

hcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #442
bcarson
Mouseketeer
I will second Orlando Bloom! But I have to raise you Sawyer, from lost. Ooh la la!

We went last night and it was great. I read a few tips, but kinda went with my gut and few trips under my belt. We wanted to do some of everything. My kids are 11 and 14 so characters not such a big deal. But for mom they are. lol It makes a little easier when we could split up for some things. A few ideas that I think helped.

One it is well worth getting there at 4 pm. they will let you in with just your party ticket. We actually didn't make it there until about 4:30. We went to DTD before. Left after 2:30 and it took forever to get to MK> That was a little frustrating.

Once we did arrive. It was important for my kids to do some rides. We headed to tomorrow land. Got my ds some fast passes for space mountain. Then we did Buzz twice and laugh floor.

This is where we split. My son and ds went to space mountain. My dd and I went to the seven dwarves line. This is where some people may not agree with me and if you have younger children won't work. I got my dd in line and then went to Pecos Bills and got our dinner. We were able to eat while we waited for the Dwarves. It worked out for us. Dh and ds ended up not being there for dwarves no biggie. Met them by HM and rode that.

We strolled through fantasy land and rode what we wanted. We did not do liver lips, or mcscrooge, but lines were fairly short. We did not do Cinderella and family but did snap a pic in between families.

DD wanted to tommorland racetrack. Again my kids are older so they went to together why dh and I got our cookied and hot chocolate and met them at the exit.

We then proceeded to Tomorrowland and saw the 8:45 show. It was shows all after that. Moved out to the Castle by 9:10 and saw shows, wishes, and second parade. We were able to move right to the curb for second parade. Then we followed the parade out and straight to the princess line. for a 5 min late. We closed the party out seeing Mickey and Minnie. We did them now because they won't be in christmas costume outside the party I believe.

I think we had a good mix of everything. I think second parade was the key. If you want to do all the shows, I think we did it perfet. Hope it helps someone.
bcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #443
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I was really disappointed that Scrooge McDuck wasn't out at all the night of our frst party (12/9). Not only was he not out, but the CMs in the area looked at me like I was nuts for even asking. We spent a while looking before it occurred to me to ask the character attendant with the Tremaines. They confirmed he wasn't there that night.

We were fortunate to be going back a second night but then had to clear time in our plans for that night to see him. But my husband, who doesn't care one whit about characters, actually wanted to meet Scrooge and was leaving before our second party so never got to. I feel bad for anyone who pays $65 for a party to meet certain characters then shows up only to be told "entertainment is subject to change".
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #444
Duster72
Earning My Ears

If anyone is going to a party this week and could get me one of the MVMCP pins with Mickey on it, please PM me. I somehow lost mine somewhere between my hotel and getting home and I'm super bummed out! Would be glad to paypal cost + shipping.

Thanks!
Duster72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #445
mae5731
Mouseketeer

We went as a family (adults only) to the party on the 11th. It was hot and humid but at least the rain held off. I will be the first to admit I am a grouch when it's hot The park just felt way crowded. We got our pictures taken with M&M saw the second parade, rode little mermaid and space mountain, had some cookies and also saw the fireworks.

Mom and I decided we needed a MVMCP do-over because we missed the initial castle lighting and didn't see scrooge. She and I went the 13th. What a difference the cooler weather made in my mood and the whole feel of the evening! We saw the fairy godmother light the castle, got pictures with scrooge, had cookies for dinner, rode hm, met a lovely couple who had just gotten engaged that morning in front of the castle, saw the first parade (we were trying to get back to the hotel as early as possible since we had already seen it once...although this time was with the horses), saw the castle show before the fireworks and watched the fireworks. I'm glad we paid to do it again. Put the two evenings together and that is what I imagined MVMCP to be...

Last edited by mae5731; 12-17-2012 at 05:28 PM.
mae5731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #446
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I just want to provide a first hand account of what a great job they are doing with checking for wristbands. I went across the park from Frontierland to Town Square Theater on 12/9 and was asked 3 times to show my wristband.

Additionally, we went up to the Train Station to watch the 8:15 parade. I didn't expect seats as it was pretty close to parade time. A few minutes before start time, a CM came up asking to see wristbands. The 2 young ladis sitting in chairs right in front of us immediately jumpd up and ran off. We just laughed and sat in the empty seats. So nice of them to save us some great spots, don't you think? A few minutes later a second CM came up checking for wristbands. Very thorough.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #447
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I just want to provide a first hand account of what a great job they are doing with checking for wristbands. I went across the park from Frontierland to Town Square Theater on 12/9 and was asked 3 times to show my wristband.

Additionally, we went up to the Train Station to watch the 8:15 parade. I didn't expect seats as it was pretty close to parade time. A few minutes before start time, a CM came up asking to see wristbands. The 2 young ladis sitting in chairs right in front of us immediately jumpd up and ran off. We just laughed and sat in the empty seats. So nice of them to save us some great spots, don't you think? A few minutes later a second CM came up checking for wristbands. Very thorough.
I read this through my email without looking at the posters name and thought..hey Janet had the same experience.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #448
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I read this through my email without looking at the posters name and thought..hey Janet had the same experience.
LOL, you got the first peek at most of my stories. So that will probably happen more than once! The funny part is that Drew didn't know what had just happened when I told him to sit down. I had to explain they had been trying to stay without a ticket.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #449
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Additionally, we went up to the Train Station to watch the 8:15 parade. I didn't expect seats as it was pretty close to parade time. A few minutes before start time, a CM came up asking to see wristbands. The 2 young ladies sitting in chairs right in front of us immediately jumped up and ran off. We just laughed and sat in the empty seats. So nice of them to save us some great spots, don't you think? A few minutes later a second CM came up checking for wristbands. Very thorough.
That literally made me lol! Talk about being in the right place at the right time.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #450
hljoo8
Earning My Ears

Any idea how many tickets Disney sells to MVMCP? I mean if it's a crowded party or even sold out, is it a smaller or bigger crowd than a normal MSEP/Wishes night? We are going Dec 16-21. I know it will be crowded that week, but will it be more crowded for the party on Sunday or Tuesday or will it be more crowded on Monday or Wednesday for the regular stuff?
hljoo8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: