Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #331
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by LekiaHall
These posts are scaring me a bit.

Got a princess lover in the house now, so trying to see some of them during the party. Our day is next to the last party (Dec 20), so pretty confident it's gonna sell out.

Historically, how bad are the lines for Cinderella, Charming, et al, Rapunzel/Flynn and Snow White?

My daughter is heavy into Beauty & the Beast right now, so a bit bummed about no more M&G with Beast.
This is one of the more popular M&Gs, with lines rarely less than 45-60 minutes during the party. You may get lucky with less during a parade or towards the end of the night, but probably not. The best way to do them is get in line before the party. In my experience around 6:15p works well.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #332
MDChris
Ready for Vacation!

What time are people lining up to watch the first parade? I would rather go to the 10:30 parade but not sure if my kids will make until then. We are doing the wishes dessert party the night before so our only priority is the parade.
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #333
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDChris
What time are people lining up to watch the first parade? I would rather go to the 10:30 parade but not sure if my kids will make until then. We are doing the wishes dessert party the night before so our only priority is the parade.
On Main Street, you're looking at 60 minutes prior for a front-row position. Figure 45 or so for a similar spot in Frontierland or Liberty Square.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #334
LekiaHall
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
This is one of the more popular M&Gs, with lines rarely less than 45-60 minutes during the party. You may get lucky with less during a parade or towards the end of the night, but probably not. The best way to do them is get in line before the party. In my experience around 6:15p works well.
Thanks for the feedback. We're also doing CRT earlier that day, so that should alleviate some of my "gotta meet the princesses" anxiety.

Question for you: Obviously we can't line up for more than one character at 6:15. Which would you recommend? We do plan to do M&Gs during the first parade, so just trying to prioritize based on level of popularity during the parties.

Thanks!

LekiaHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #335
mesaboy2

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback. We're also doing CRT earlier that day, so that should alleviate some of my "gotta meet the princesses" anxiety.

Question for you: Obviously we can't line up for more than one character at 6:15. Which would you recommend? We do plan to do M&Gs during the first parade, so just trying to prioritize based on level of popularity during the parties.

Thanks!
The three most popular M&Gs during parties are consistently the Seven Dwarves, the princesses/princes (that you asked about), and Jack Sparrow--in that order. If you are interested in the 7Ds and are satisfied with the princesses at CRT, then do the 7Ds first, and line up even earlier than 6:15p.

But, one reason this princesses are very popular is because they meet with their respective princes, which you won't get at CRT. Add in that one of those princes is Flynn...well, there you go.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #336
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

The three most popular M&Gs during parties are consistently the Seven Dwarves, the princesses/princes (that you asked about), and Jack Sparrow--in that order. If you are interested in the 7Ds and are satisfied with the princesses at CRT, then do the 7Ds first, and line up even earlier than 6:15p.

But, one reason this princesses are very popular is because they meet with their respective princes, which you won't get at CRT. Add in that one of those princes is Flynn...well, there you go.
I know my oldest will want to meet Abu & Genie, but I'm wondering of they'll be as crazy as 7D or Scrooge McDuck if he's there as rumored. From your experience, or that of others who have been do you think we'll be able to squeeze in more than one M&G and still enjoy the parade and rides?

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 12/2014 - ?
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #337
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire

I know my oldest will want to meet Abu & Genie, but I'm wondering of they'll be as crazy as 7D or Scrooge McDuck if he's there as rumored. From your experience, or that of others who have been do you think we'll be able to squeeze in more than one M&G and still enjoy the parade and rides?
See my response in the other thread regarding Abu and Genie. Seven Dwarves will definitely be the worst, then Scrooge (who is confirmed), then others. I only prioritized the ones you listed, there are others in between.

I focus on characters usually, and have been through as many as six or seven M&Gs in a night with time for other things. I know others who've done even more.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #338
MDChris
Ready for Vacation!

Quote:
On Main Street, you're looking at 60 minutes prior for a front-row position. Figure 45 or so for a similar spot in Frontierland or Liberty Square.
Thanks for your help!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #339
PrincessMommy05
Mouseketeer

Whoops, posted on the I'm attending thread before I saw this one. The two groups we really want to meet are princes and princesses and the royal family (Cinderella and stepsisters). What order would those of you who have been there before do them in? What time should we get in line? Thanks!!
PrincessMommy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #340
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Sorry, wrong thread.
ASMO -Feb. 2014
BWI/RPR Sept. 2014

ILikeWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #341
LekiaHall
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What would you recommend for the second parade?

LekiaHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #342
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMommy05
Whoops, posted on the I'm attending thread before I saw this one. The two groups we really want to meet are princes and princesses and the royal family (Cinderella and stepsisters). What order would those of you who have been there before do them in? What time should we get in line? Thanks!!
Princesses/princes first, getting in line for them about 6:15p or so.

Quote:

Maybe 15 minutes less for each.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #343
NMDisneyFan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan

Mine is pretty basic. This will be my 3rd MVMCP and I'm not doing many characters or rides. But here it is:

Arrive at 5pm, eat dinner at Columbia Harbour House (my fav CS in MK)

I hope everyone has a good time!
I have read that Columbia Harbor House closes at 5 on party days. You might want to get there around 4:45 just to be safe.
NMDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #344
makingplans4WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LekiaHall View Post
If it helps, at Monday night's MVMCP, we got prime spots in Liberty Square for the 2nd parade about 10pm. So mesaboy2 is right on the money with his timing recommendation.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #345
mousecrazy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
See my response in the other thread regarding Abu and Genie. Seven Dwarves will definitely be the worst, then Scrooge (who is confirmed), then others. I only prioritized the ones you listed, there are others in between.

I focus on characters usually, and have been through as many as six or seven M&Gs in a night with time for other things. I know others who've done even more.
Where is the line for Seven Dwarfs? Scrooge?
mousecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: