Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 05:28 AM   #301
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Question Celebrate the Magic?

Do they show the "New" castle show "Celebrte the Magic" during the Christmas Party?

TIA

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #302
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Do they show the "New" castle show "Celebrte the Magic" during the Christmas Party?

TIA
They should. I know they showed the Magic, Memories and You show last year.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #303
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
They should. I know they showed the Magic, Memories and You show last year.
Thanks I have never been to MVMCP and it is our only day/night at MK.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #304
makingplans4WDW
Mouseketeer

What we did during the 11/12 MVMCP...

Attended MVMCP for the first time on Mon 11/12 and had a great night! Here's how we spent our time:

Arrived @ 5pm and was in line for a pic with the 7 dwarfs by 5:30pm. DH waited in line with a sleeping DD5 while DS3 and I rode Magic Carpets, watched the 6:15 castle lighting and grabbed a couple to-go meals from Pecos Bill's. Had our Christmas card photo done by 7:15 and were on our way...

After our photo, we spent the next couple of hours walking onto several rides. (I think many party-goers chose to wait for/watch the 1st parade during this time.) Rode Buzz Lightyear 5 times in a row with no waiting. So nice to be able to say "YES!" to DS's pleas of "Again! Again!"

Watched Celebrate the Magic's debut and the fireworks from in front of the Castle... REALLY magical.

Next headed to CHH for cocoa/cookies/apple slices and carried them over to the Frontierland/Liberty Square area to grab seats on the curb for the 10:30 parade. (Line really wasn't that long. Took less than 5 minutes for DH to get through it.) Front row seats by the rope and I'm surprised my kids' arms didn't fall off as much as they were waving at all the characters. Loved the "scented" floats, especially Goofy's candy float. My favorite part? The toy soldiers rocked it!

After the parade, we walked back to CHH for more cocoa and a couple sugar cookies. Walked right up to the counter with no wait. (No apple slices or choc chip cookies left though.)

Spent the last hour in FantasyLand. Did ETWB next. Only waited about 10 minutes. DS3 was chosen as Beast because he had such a good roar. He really liked the red cape he got to wear! Very cool mirror and other magical effects. So glad we were able to do this. And we got several terrific photos of DD and DS with Belle. (Bonus: Belle remembered both kids from breakfast at Akershus the day before and mentioned it to them. DD was over the moon at that!)

Wrapped up the night with the Carousel and Small World at DD's request. At midnight, we headed for Main Street to get some last minute pics and play in the snow before heading out. Both kids were out like lights on the ride back to PoP.

Overall, a Very Merry time indeed.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #305
JeffVa
Earning My Ears

Snow on Main Street

We are going to the 12/4 Christmas Party. Does it only snow on Main Street during the parade or does it snow throughout the night at various other times too? My wife definitely wants to see it snow on Main Street and I'm hoping to watch the parade in Frontierland. I'm wondering if both can happen. Thanks!
JeffVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #306
makingplans4WDW
Mouseketeer

If it helps, we watched the 10:30pm parade from Frontierland and then played in the snow falling on Main Street on the way out at midnight. Have fun!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #307
mickeyboyfan
Some people are just a piece of work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makingplans4WDW View Post
Attended MVMCP for the first time on Mon 11/12 and had a great night! Here's how we spent our time:

Arrived @ 5pm and was in line for a pic with the 7 dwarfs by 5:30pm. DH waited in line with a sleeping DD5 while DS3 and I rode Magic Carpets, watched the 6:15 castle lighting and grabbed a couple to-go meals from Pecos Bill's. Had our Christmas card photo done by 7:15 and were on our way...
in planning for next year, are you telling me you got in line for the dwarves at 5:30 and did not finish with that picture for almost 2 hours? Please please please tell me I am wrong
mickeyboyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #308
makingplans4WDW
Mouseketeer

Nope... you got that right. We were 3rd in line for a photo with the 7 Dwarfs at approx. 5:30. Dwarfs came out just a few minutes before 7pm and we were done with our photo by 7:15. Takes a lot of patience to get a photo with the Dwarfs...
Old 11-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #309
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyboyfan View Post
in planning for next year, are you telling me you got in line for the dwarves at 5:30 and did not finish with that picture for almost 2 hours? Please please please tell me I am wrong
Their line is always long. The question then becomes--assuming you still want to see them--do you spend your time waiting before the party or during the party? This is why the PP and many others get in line well before the party starts--there's still plenty of party time after they're done with the dwarves.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #310
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:

After our photo, we spent the next couple of hours walking onto several rides. (I think many party-goers chose to wait for/watch the 1st parade during this time.) Rode Buzz Lightyear 5 times in a row with no waiting. So nice to be able to say "YES!" to DS's pleas of "Again! Again!"

Watched Celebrate the Magic's debut and the fireworks from in front of the Castle... REALLY magical.

Next headed to CHH for cocoa/cookies/apple slices and carried them over to the Frontierland/Liberty Square area to grab seats on the curb for the 10:30 parade. (Line really wasn't that long. Took less than 5 minutes for DH to get through it.) Front row seats by the rope and I'm surprised my kids' arms didn't fall off as much as they were waving at all the characters. Loved the "scented" floats, especially Goofy's candy float. My favorite part? The toy soldiers rocked it!

After the parade, we walked back to CHH for more cocoa and a couple sugar cookies. Walked right up to the counter with no wait. (No apple slices or choc chip cookies left though.)

Spent the last hour in FantasyLand. Did ETWB next. Only waited about 10 minutes. DS3 was chosen as Beast because he had such a good roar. He really liked the red cape he got to wear! Very cool mirror and other magical effects. So glad we were able to do this. And we got several terrific photos of DD and DS with Belle. (Bonus: Belle remembered both kids from breakfast at Akershus the day before and mentioned it to them. DD was over the moon at that!)

Wrapped up the night with the Carousel and Small World at DD's request. At midnight, we headed for Main Street to get some last minute pics and play in the snow before heading out. Both kids were out like lights on the ride back to PoP.

Overall, a Very Merry time indeed.
Quote:
If it helps, we watched the 10:30pm parade from Frontierland and then played in the snow falling on Main Street on the way out at midnight. Have fun!
Thank you so much for your experience. My DH and I are probably going to use the same itinerary you did. Thanks again!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #311
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyboyfan View Post
The 7D are a party-only photo op. The reason people get in line is to wait during regular park hours is that they would rather wait during the hours before 7 (since you can enter MK as early as 4 with just the party ticket) than during the regular party time. Hope that makes sense.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #312
Roma
Mouseketeer

DH and I did our first Christmas party on 11/9. I was expecting the place to be packed but I was actually pleasantly surprised at the crowd level. I think I had psyched myself up into thinking it was going to be much, much worse than it was and therefore it ended up not seeming as bad .

We spent the entire day in Magic Kingdom prior to the party (starting at rope drop), so we had already done all the rides/eaten (at Be our Guest!) before the party started. We watched the 7:45 Castle show, waited about 5 minutes for cookies and cocoa, rode BTMRR, Under the Sea, and did Enchanted Tales with Belle all during the first parade. ETwB is TOTALLY worth the wait, by the way. The line said 40 minutes but the wait seemed much shorter than that and the show was adorable. We finished that just in time to get a spot for the fireworks on Main Street. We had no problem finding a spot (directly to the right of Casey's by the lamp/trash can) despite the hoard.

We got a seat on curb near Tony's/the Theater on Main Street for the 10:30 parade around 10:15. Of course we were there for 45 min. because the parade doesn't show up there until closer to 11:00. We took this time to switch off getting our Christmas SotMK cards. This was pretty much the only time where I got exhausted/frustrated with the crowds... but this was because we were pushing an 18 hour day. Had I not spent the whole day in the park already I would have been fine.

The only thing we didn't do were the characters, but then again we aren't really character people. I have no idea how long the lines for those were because we didn't look. However, we were able to do everything else with minimal waits/inconveniences despite the crowds. We followed Josh's recommendations from easyWDW and he did not disappoint.

We probably won't do the party again until we get a chance to do MNSSHP, but we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others. We loved the decorations and the entertainment and were glad they offered chocolate chip cookies in addition to snickerdoodle. The hot chocolate was also the perfect temperature, so no burned tongues . As long as you aren't a character seeker I can safely say the party isn't too difficult to handle despite a sold out crowd. You'll just have to commit to the 10:30 parade and plan your activities carefully.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #313
NemoDory
Earning My Ears

So excited for our first time at MVMCP in 2 weeks. A little bit worried at all the parties selling out though. I could only imagine when it sells out the park would be packed :/
NemoDory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #314
makingplans4WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Thank you so much for your experience. My DH and I are probably going to use the same itinerary you did. Thanks again!
You are VERY welcome. I've learned so much from the DISboards that I'm happy to pay it forward. Enjoy your trip!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #315
GeneralTso
DIS Veteran

Just back from tonight's party. Sold out so wall to wall people with not much room to move and groove! Those crowds are just insane.

Line for 7 Dwarfs was about 2 hours long. Even longer than that was the line for Cinderella, Prince and evil stepsisters and step mom all together. They were in front of new Fantasyland. I don't understand why people will spend so many hours waiting for these photo ops, missing the majority of the party???

I don't think we got enough value for what it costs. I'm glad we did it and had e experience. We've done the Halloween party, enjoyed it but once is enough. Crowds for the parade make it tough to really enjoy. Xmas Wishes is great but we enjoyed it far more from CA Grill on top of the Contemporary. That was awesome. Civilized, relaxed and fun.
GeneralTso is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: