Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 02:02 AM   #151
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeybabe View Post
Hoping for 12/13, but waiting just a little longer to book. Very nervous about the "no refunds" part...want to make sure we've got our trip schedule carved in stone first....
We are hoping to go during my son's wish trip on 11/16. I'm a bit leery of the no refunds, too...well, also it being on the Fri before Thanksgiving. There are some fun things going on at GKTW the other nights the party is offered and, well, a Wish Trip at GKTW is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime thing. Fri works best for us but do any of you guys have experience going to one of the "no advance purchase discount" nights?

I'm pretty excited about the fun things I've read about. When we first got our dates for the trip, we were gung-ho about the party. Once I read about the wonderful-ness of GKTW, then I started wondering if our (by then) almost 4 yr old would enjoy chilling at GKTW instead. Well, after reading fun stories of others' experiences at MVMCP plus the fact that we get a "bonus day" at Disney, well, it's kind of hard to resist! We love everything about Christmas. In fact, E (my son) has already asked, multiple times, where his Christmas tree is (as in OUR family tree) and if we can put it up yet. Weekly, he says, "Mommy, is it Christmas?" "No." "Well, I want it to be Christmas and I want it to snow!!" Heh...well, we live in TX so that's not likely to happen, but he can dream I'm so excited that he'll get to PROBABLY attend not one, not two, but maybe even THREE Christmas parties/activities (if we throw in Sea World before we leave!) in November

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #152
glorania
Earning My Ears

Question what would you do?

Excited to soon be going on our first trip to WDW in Dec 12-22. We are planning on attending MVMCP but i'm not sure what date would be best. So far i have our itinarary planned to go to MK on Dec 13 and 14th. MK is open at 8am on Dec 13th then has the party that night. And again the party occurs on Dec 14th.
My question is: if we plan on hitting MK both days, should we take advantage of the EMH on dec 13th and make an ultra long day of it? (will be me, DH and DD (12)) staying late then heading back the next day Dec 14th.

OR: if we sleep in a little on Dec 13th then head to MK for the day and night. I just want to make sure we get to see everything in the MK over 2 days. However i also want to make sure we don't collapse from exhaustion! My reasoning is that the Thurs party may not be as crowded as the Friday one. Any thoughts?
glorania is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #153
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorania View Post
Excited to soon be going on our first trip to WDW in Dec 12-22. We are planning on attending MVMCP but i'm not sure what date would be best. So far i have our itinarary planned to go to MK on Dec 13 and 14th. MK is open at 8am on Dec 13th then has the party that night. And again the party occurs on Dec 14th.
My question is: if we plan on hitting MK both days, should we take advantage of the EMH on dec 13th and make an ultra long day of it? (will be me, DH and DD (12)) staying late then heading back the next day Dec 14th.

OR: if we sleep in a little on Dec 13th then head to MK for the day and night. I just want to make sure we get to see everything in the MK over 2 days. However i also want to make sure we don't collapse from exhaustion! My reasoning is that the Thurs party may not be as crowded as the Friday one. Any thoughts?
First rule of hard ticket parties: Avoid Fridays.

From there, you'll have to figure it out. Maybe hit EMH on Thursday, then take a break and go back for the party?

We're going for EMH but staying all the way through the party. And yes, we are insane. We have a number of other MK days though and don't feel the need to move fast at all that day.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #154
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
Going on Thursda 11/29...so not expecting it to be sold out and hopefully not incredibly crowded. I have 10 in my party. So I know we will have to line up early for parade/shows to secure decent spots.

My question is what is more worth it to you....spending some time walking around FL and AL soaking up the sightings or lining up to see the 20-minute Castle Show.

If we see the show estimated to be at 7:45pm I'll need to get a spot on the hub that I can also see the first parade...so line up around 6:45pm?

If we don't see the castle show I figured we can walk around until probably 7:15pm and then line up on main street for a spot for the 8:15 Parade.

We have some old and young on the trip so second parade is too late.
Just bumping my question and subscribing!
hollygolitely93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #155
sammielynn
DIS Veteran

We have tickets for Dec. 16, our TA purchased our tickets this year, and all I have is a conformation number?? Do I have to go the the MK to get our party tickets or can I get them at our resort?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #156
stevebrown
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammielynn
We have tickets for Dec. 16, our TA purchased our tickets this year, and all I have is a conformation number?? Do I have to go the the MK to get our party tickets or can I get them at our resort?
I was told by Disney that you give your confirmation number at the resort when you check in.
stevebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #157
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I haven't read this whole thread, but I have a question...does anyone have a view on Mon Nov 12th vs. Thurs Nov 15th? We always do Thurs night parties, but we can manage to do it on the Monday night this time~if it seems like it would be a better crowd management.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #158
sammielynn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebrown View Post
I was told by Disney that you give your confirmation number at the resort when you check in.
If you give them the confirmation number they can give you your tickets? That would be great.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #159
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

We are attending on 12/11. Our first time doing the Christmas party. I am so excited! Are there any special characters we don't want to miss?
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #160
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post
We are attending on 12/11. Our first time doing the Christmas party. I am so excited! Are there any special characters we don't want to miss?
The big one for both the MNSSHP and the MVMCP is the Seven Dwarfs. Another big one is being able to see the princes with their princesses.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #161
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
The big one for both the MNSSHP and the MVMCP is the Seven Dwarfs. Another big one is being able to see the princes with their princesses.
So pretty much the same thing as the Halloween party, just Christmas themed?
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #162
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

We are thinking about waiting until we arrive to buy tickets for the Tues, Nov 27 party IF it's not sold out. I'm nervous about the weather and DS5 possibly being too tired out...both last minute considerations. We've never gone to a party before. I'm thinking if it is sold out, we probably wouldn't want to battle the crowds anyway. In past years, I remember seeing signs out at MK saying that there were still tickets available for the party, but don't remember if it was for the day-of. Can tickets be purchased the day of the party (if not sold out)? If we are planning on doing AK that day, what will be the best way to find out if there are still tickets available for that evening?

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
luvallprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #163
stevebrown
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammielynn

If you give them the confirmation number they can give you your tickets? That would be great.
I had asked to have my tickets sent to my resort and the CM told me to keep my confirmation number safe because that was the only way to get my tickets at the resort or at will call.
stevebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #164
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
We are thinking about waiting until we arrive to buy tickets for the Tues, Nov 27 party IF it's not sold out. I'm nervous about the weather and DS5 possibly being too tired out...both last minute considerations. We've never gone to a party before. I'm thinking if it is sold out, we probably wouldn't want to battle the crowds anyway. In past years, I remember seeing signs out at MK saying that there were still tickets available for the party, but don't remember if it was for the day-of. Can tickets be purchased the day of the party (if not sold out)? If we are planning on doing AK that day, what will be the best way to find out if there are still tickets available for that evening?
When they put up signs in MK saying that there are tickets available for the party, it's for that day's party, so yes, you can buy the tickets the day of. I would imagine that you can check at your hotel (if you're staying on property) if there are still tickets available. I wouldn't expect a party in November to sell out though.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #165
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

If I have an ADR at the MK for 3:30pm and I have MVMCP tickets, can I get in that early for our ADR? Or do I have to have a park ticket for entry? Thank you!
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: