Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Adding days to tickets - Clarfication Pls

If I were to purchase a package including a 2 day base ticket and after arriving to my first park (ie. using the ticket) I decided I wanted an extra day to my ticket I would be able to do this for $70.29 correct? Am I able to make this transaction at guest services at the parks or in my resort?

The reason I am confirming is because on a previous trip I bought a 2 day base ticket for DH and I from guest services at the YC resort. I then ended up extending my stay (due to work reasons and the course dates changing) and I wanted to add an extra 2 days to my tickets. At this point in time I had already moved from YC to AOA and tried to add the 2 days to my tickets at guest services at AOA.

She told me she was unable to give me the "upgrade" price because I had originally purchased my tickets at the resort NOT at the park....if I had purchased them at the park I would have been able too...I ended up paying full face value for those addition two days.

I am looking at buying the minimum in tickets with my package because payment would be due in full now and looking at adding days to my tickets when I arrive as my time and budget allow for...

Thanks for the clarification!!
*~PrincessBelle~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

At this time, the gate price of a 2-day base ticket is $176 plus tax = $187.44. Upgrading your ticket by adding 1 day will cost $66 plus tax = $70.29. You could enter a park and go to Guest Services just inside the gates, or do the upgrade later at any ticket window or Guest Services at a theme park, water park, TTC, or Downtown Disney. I would skip the resort concierge desk.

I don't understand what the resort CM was saying to you on your previous trip. Instead of adding days to your existing ticket, he/she was telling you that you had to start over and buy completely new tickets? O-M-G! At today's price, the upgrade from 2 to 4 days would cost $85.20/ticket (w/tax). Totally new 2 day tickets would cost $187.44 (w/tax), an increase in cost of $102.24 x 2 tickets = $204.48.

Wow! Just when I thought I had heard it all! MYW tickets are upgradable up to 10 days on a ticket, as long as the upgrade is done within 14 days of first using the tickets. You are correct that using your tickets thru a theme park gate first before upgrading is how you elevate your current tickets to gate price value (price bridging). Tickets purchased at Disney ticket windows, online Disney or will-call cannot be elevated to gate price if a price increase has occurred in the time between when you bought the tickets and when you used the tickets. Tickets purchased at resorts, as part of a resort reservation, at a Disney Store, or thru third party vendors such as UnderCover Tourist, are eligible for price-bridging when used first.

From your post, if the AoA CM could not handle the transaction, they would have done you a great service to tell you to take your tickets to a Ticket window or Guest Services at one of the parks. It's perhaps too late at this time to write Disney and explain what happened and get a credit, but you could try, if you still have specific records of your tickets. Best advice from the DisBoards is to use your tickets first, know the gate price of the ticket you are using, know the gate price of the ticket you want to upgrade to, and calculate 6.5% tax. If any CM gives you a price other than what you calculated to be the correct price, ask for your tickets back and move on to another CM. Then another... If needed.

Current ticket pricing is in post 18 of Cheshire Figment's ticket sticky, "Everything About WDW Tickets." There are other sections that discuss upgrading MYW tickets, and price-bridging. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the response...I really should have pressed the issue with the CM or taken the tickets to the parks but was in a rush and rather than argue I just went with - at least I know better know ...Thanks
*~PrincessBelle~* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: