Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 05:22 AM   #16
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

I never participated because I thought it was more for the kids - so I did not have small kids when we cruised and did not. We did exchange a small gift at one of our cruise meets on board though.

Question If you are on the ship 7 nights - and 20 families are participating - are you giving out a gift each day for the 20 families? Not sure how this all works. TIA.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #17
Tracykim
DIS Veteran

We loved everything that we received but there are two things that wee continue to use. We received 2 Music CD's. One has the Disney Cruise ship horns and other cruise songs and the other one has nothing but Disney songs on it!! We just LOVE these!!
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #18
DLW8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
I never participated because I thought it was more for the kids - so I did not have small kids when we cruised and did not. We did exchange a small gift at one of our cruise meets on board though.

Question If you are on the ship 7 nights - and 20 families are participating - are you giving out a gift each day for the 20 families? Not sure how this all works. TIA.
Just like Disney, it's for kids of ALL ages!

The FEs that I have done (3 night and a 7 night), we just delivered one gift per room. Not per day. Just once. Choose the day you want to deliver, and you are all set.

Some people will do different gifts for adults versus kids in the room, and some do just one gift per room.

We did all love coming back to our room and seeing if there were any surprises left for us.

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club, 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #19
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

A personalized tote bag with our family name and the cruise ship is my personal favorite (thank you threeiscrazy!). But there are other super wonderful and handy gifts we've received and still use -- like writing pens, frames, magnets, etc. And in addition to all of that, many of my Disboard meet mates have gone above and beyond to make our cruises extra special by helping to arrange lanyards, meet and greets, trick or treat activities and scavenger hunts.

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #20
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

We've gotten Disney music CDs that we loved and listened to on the way home. We've decided that it will be our FE gift from now on when we participate!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #21
ratt1345
Always wishing I was Disney cruisin'!!!

EDH family, I will be honest from the start. I haven't read anyone else's responses to you yet. Your post instantly reminded me of last year's Alaskan cruise.

DW and I got a small notebook (maybe 3"X6") with a pen. At the end of the day, we would write in it the events of the day. We both still have them and look at them to remind us of such a great cruise!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #22
threeiscrazy
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us, for the moment Northern Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
A personalized tote bag with our family name and the cruise ship is my personal favorite (thank you threeiscrazy!). But there are other super wonderful and handy gifts we've received and still use -- like writing pens, frames, magnets, etc. And in addition to all of that, many of my Disboard meet mates have gone above and beyond to make our cruises extra special by helping to arrange lanyards, meet and greets, trick or treat activities and scavenger hunts.
Aww, tinkerbelltwins that's so sweet of you. I think you nailed what was so special about that cruise....the people. While I've met people on cruises since then no other group of people has been so fantastic as a whole. I'd love a reunion cruise with our Disgroup.

Discover
threeiscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #23
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLW8 View Post
Just like Disney, it's for kids of ALL ages!

The FEs that I have done (3 night and a 7 night), we just delivered one gift per room. Not per day. Just once. Choose the day you want to deliver, and you are all set.

Some people will do different gifts for adults versus kids in the room, and some do just one gift per room.

We did all love coming back to our room and seeing if there were any surprises left for us.
Thank you. That's not too bad. I was thinking one had to do some serious shopping the way I was thinking and running all over the ship each day. I think I might participate if we have one for our next cruise.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #24
EDH Family
Married to the Mouse

Thank you all for your inputs. We have been on several Disney Cruises and have not yet done a Fish Extender Exchange. Every time we are onboard, i tell myself "We need to participate in that next time". So proud that we are officially signed up and participating on our next cruise. I want to do a gift that is meaningful so your inputs on things that you liked the most are much appreciated.

2005 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-December * 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-September * 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Mexican Riviera-June * 2009 Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas-February * 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-November * 2011 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas-April * 2011 Disney Wonder 7 Night Mexican Riviera-November-Roy Disney Suite! * 2012 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-December * 2013 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas - March * 2013 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western-March * 2013 Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas-August * 2014 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-April
EDH Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #25
miry
Mouseketeer

We received some amazing gifts on our last cruise including magnets and photo holders from the parks which were way cool. I also really liked the handmade Christmas ornament. My son loved the candy from Australia. Finally, I got a totally awesome terry bathrobe that I love love love! We really enjoy the whole FE experience from crafting the gifts to exploring the ship and finding fun gifts when we get back to our room.

Disneyland 1978 Disneyland 1982 Disneyland 2002 Disneyland 2003 Polynesian 2005 All Star Movies 2006 Disneyland 2007 Port Orleans Riverside 2008 Wonder Bahamas 2008 Caribbean Beach 2009 Pop Century 2010 Magic Western Caribbean 2010 Disneyland 2011 Wonder Mexican Riviera 2011 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 2012
miry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #26
catgirl
Mouseketeer

We recieved such nice gifts, it's hard to list all. One person made us hand made fabric coasters made with mickey themed material, hubby recieved small bottles of vodka, whiskey, etc (airport size) he loved those!, we received water bottles with our cruise date, ship name, & decorations on it, handmade x-mas ornaments, pins, magnets. I was amazed at the creativity people had. I don't have a creative bone in my body.

I gave crossword & sudoku puzzles, gum, laptop lights to most of the men. Nail polish, gum, lipsmackers to the girls to most of the teen girls. Gum, princess themed perfume, pens, & magnets to the young girls. Nail polish, decorative tweezer, Tink antenna balls, to most of the ladies. Young boys received Cars themed toys, magnets, pens, & toys. I hope they were well received.
April 2010 POP w/mom & 7yr old niece-Birthday trip
4/21/12 Eastern Caribbean on Fantasy w/DH & DN
11/2/13 ASM w/now 10yr old niece
catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #27
jaminmd
DIS Veteran

I'm curious to know what some of the worst gifts received are.
jaminmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #28
Pixie Naseweis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracykim View Post
We loved everything that we received but there are two things that wee continue to use. We received 2 Music CD's. One has the Disney Cruise ship horns and other cruise songs and the other one has nothing but Disney songs on it!! We just LOVE these!!
We also got Music CD's and we love them so much we still listen to them. The ship horns are amazing. I would like to create CD's for my next FE, but I am not sure if it is legal to do so or not. Maybe it is, because they are gifts. What do you think?

First WDW visit 1991
DLP shareholder since 1993
First DLP visit 1994
First DL visit 1999
First DCL cruise 2011
Pixie Naseweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #29
Disney Hot Mama
DIS Veteran
Onion haters unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Naseweis View Post
We also got Music CD's and we love them so much we still listen to them. The ship horns are amazing. I would like to create CD's for my next FE, but I am not sure if it is legal to do so or not. Maybe it is, because they are gifts. What do you think?
Curious about this too, as I am planning to make these for our June cruise....

Disneyland at least monthly BUT WDW July 16 - 22, 2011, June 21 - 29, 2009 - AKL and VWL here we come! OKW 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004, 2003 & 2002 , 1999 - FW & numerous trips as a kid!
Disney Hot Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #30
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

planning my FE now.

** SPOILER ALERT - don't read if you're on the 8/18/12 Fantasy Western and don't want to know what your possible FE gift may be **

What would you all think of a tissue box cover (wooden) decorated with our cruise info on the top and ports of call listed on the sides in bright, Caribbean colors, bubble letters? "Best gift" potential or I'm-not-even-taking-it-home tacky?

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: