Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #1066
Scrappygrrl
Mouseketeer

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Disney Dream (2/27)
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A #10028
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy; great location, one deck below adults only areas, which is great since we are traveling sans kiddos. I would not have picked to be right outside elevators, but reports are that the forward elevators are pretty quiet. Saved a bundle going VGT (at least $500)!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6How many days before departure date did you book? ~40 days

Link to our 2011 WDW video trip report!!!
http://youtu.be/dAW169ICAJE

Past Trips:
3/95 Dixie Landings, 9/99 POFQ, 11/09 CSR, 11/11 SVR (WDW), 11/12 DCL Dream/HRH, 11/13 DCL Magic,
February 27, 2014 - 3-night Disney Magic + 1 day at DHS - Celebrating 40
Scrappygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:08 AM   #1067
zigzag13
Earning My Ears

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Disney Dream (2/27)
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 7 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C #7560
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? happy; first time and not sure about the location VGT
#6How many days before departure date did you book? ~32 days
zigzag13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #1068
Willis520
Earning My Ears

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Disney Dream (3/6/14)
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A 10536
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy.
#6How many days before departure date did you book? 45 days
Old 02-22-2014, 02:44 PM   #1069
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT on the Dream March 6

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 8B, rooms 9660 and 9656

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy so far, really have no idea what to expect!

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? They are one room away from eachother! Would have loved connecting but this is still awesome.

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? maybe 40 days? Cant remember!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:14 AM   #1070
wltdzny
Earning My Ears

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Disney dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 60 days #3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5a, deck 10, 2/23 sailing (today)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy. Neither thrilled, nor disappointed which is good. Will probably be thrilled when we see it.
#6How many days before departure date did you book? 60 days.
Fwiw, I was watching cruise fish on this one. It was in the 70s when we booked, dipped down to the 30s a month later, then went back up to the 50s a week or two before, then ended back in the 30s.
wltdzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:22 PM   #1071
Jackie Psarianos
Mouseketeer

mydisneyfamily explained things perfectly but my brain is thinking you might have wanted the abbreviation translation too so here goes:

IGT stands for Inside Guaranteed stateroom
OGT stands for Oceanview Guaranteed stateroom
VGT stands for Verandah Guaranteed

These rates come out 'roughly' and I coin that loosely, seventy-five days before sailing (usually just after the balances have been paid by guests who've booked).

If you book one of these you have to:
-pay the full amount in full at the time of booking
-cannot make guest name changes or additions
-accept where the stateroom is located on the ship (you of course select category)
2012-AoA-
2012-Aulani
2011-Disneyland's Paradise Pier
2011-WL/Disney Dream x2
2010-SSR/BWV-July/ SSR
2009-BWV/GF/Disney Wonderx2
2009-Disneyland Hotel
2008-BWV
2007-GF/Disney Wonderx2/BWV
2006-SSR/Disney Magic/BWV
2005-GF/Disney Wonder/WL
2002-CBR
Jackie Psarianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #1072
mom2princess&prince
Mouseketeer

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Disney Dream (2/23)
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 6 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? Cat 5A #10008 (saved over $600!)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We were happy with our location which was forward on deck 10. The hall was quiet and it was great being so close to all the activity on deck 11.
#6 How many days before departure date did you book? ~60 days
mom2princess&prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #1073
KarrieBeth
Earning My Ears

I booked a VGT on the Fantasy last week for the 4/5/2014 Eastern Caribbean. My question - how do I know when a cabin is assigned??? Saved a ton of $$$$ on the current rate so I'm sure we'll be happy with the room!!!
2008 Off property
2010 Coronado Springs
2011 Allstar Music
2012 Allstar Music
2014 Art of Animation

Wonder April 2013
Fantasy April 2014
Magic August 2014
KarrieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:31 PM   #1074
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBeth View Post
I booked a VGT on the Fantasy last week for the 4/5/2014 Eastern Caribbean. My question - how do I know when a cabin is assigned??? Saved a ton of $$$$ on the current rate so I'm sure we'll be happy with the room!!!
You have to keep checking your reservation in the DCL site. They do not notify you of your cabin assignment. Just look at your booking and in the stateroom details or whatever they will update it from VGT to a cabin #
Old 03-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #1075
jenpink
Mouseketeer

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship. I G T Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 6 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11A 7619
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy. This s the location I would have chosen if I had a choice
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 7 days
jenpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #1076
KarrieBeth
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkLoverSam View Post
You have to keep checking your reservation in the DCL site. They do not notify you of your cabin assignment. Just look at your booking and in the stateroom details or whatever they will update it from VGT to a cabin #
Thanks! We'll keep checking.
2008 Off property
2010 Coronado Springs
2011 Allstar Music
2012 Allstar Music
2014 Art of Animation

Wonder April 2013
Fantasy April 2014
Magic August 2014
KarrieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #1077
ajwaspooh
Earning My Ears

Booked when all rooms are GT status

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? 7AGT on Disney Dream (3/20)
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? All cats were GT status when we booked so we booked least expensive Verandah 7A. We received 5A on Deck 10.
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Room is fine. We have always had a 6 so it will be neat to see Murphy bed and how the "extra" sq ft. feel. Would have preferred aft as we had requested, but I am not sure they even see requests when assigning a GT status room.
#6How many days before departure date did you book? ~9 days This is a last minute trip for DH and I. We always sail with the three kids and wanted to go once where we could just do all the things WE wanted to do! LOL
ajwaspooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #1078
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwaspooh View Post
#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? 7AGT on Disney Dream (3/20)
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? All cats were GT status when we booked so we booked least expensive Verandah 7A. We received 5A on Deck 10.
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Room is fine. We have always had a 6 so it will be neat to see Murphy bed and how the "extra" sq ft. feel. Would have preferred aft as we had requested, but I am not sure they even see requests when assigning a GT status room.
#6How many days before departure date did you book? ~9 days This is a last minute trip for DH and I. We always sail with the three kids and wanted to go once where we could just do all the things WE wanted to do! LOL
AFAIK you have to book cat 4 or better to get the murphy bed and extra interior space.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #1079
daae3
Sue Donym

VGT-the dreaded 5524

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Disney Dream (5/8/14)
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 56 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? Booked 7A, got 7A-5524.
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not sure-there are a lot of warnings about this cabin-concerns about privacy due to oversized balcony next door. On the plus side-it is a cruise, there is some type of balcony and if my neighbors are staring into my room and see something they don't like-their problem, not mine. Plan to due a trip report/post pics because even though there were lots of warnings, no actual pictures.
#6How many days before departure date did you book? 57 days
Old 03-17-2014, 02:02 PM   #1080
mrslaney
Mouseketeer

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on the Wonder

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
13 days

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
7a, 5136

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Definitely a "left-over" but it is what I paid for. I paid $500 less than I could have reserved this room for, so overall I am happy. Hubby is thrilled with the Navigator's Verandah. I would have preferred to be on starboard side for Castaway Cay instead of Port Side. At the end of the day, we will be on another Disney cruise, so we are thrilled!

#6. How many days before departure date did you book?
45 days
mrslaney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: