Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #376
Holly4
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 62

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?OGT Fantasy 8/25
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?9b
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?I'm excited to be on the ship, however I can't help but feel a little disappointed at this category after seeing most other OGT on this date receiving higher categories. It's the luck of the draw.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book?4 months
Holly4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #377
vickxo
DIS Veteran
 
vickxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 553

Patiently waiting for my Sept 12 VGT - The Sept 12 is currently sold out of Veranda rooms does that mean we could possibly find out sooner than 10 days? & What are the chances of getting a navigators veranda? am i the only weirdo that would actually LOVE to get one?
__________________
93': WDW Dixie Landing; 95': WDW Dixie Landing; 97': WDW Corando Springs; 99': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01':Disney Wonder Cruise - FL/Bahama; 03': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 05': WDW Yacht Club; 07': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 10': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Bahama; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Canada; 13': WDW Boardwalk Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge
vickxo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #378
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran
 
Douvres Family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 701

5e gty

Tried deleting it, but I cant...so I simply erased the message...
__________________




WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013

Last edited by Douvres Family; 08-17-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #379
CEGrant
Mouseketeer
 
CEGrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 379

12 days out for the 8/29 Dream. Assign rooms, you lazy mythical, magical elves! I need this obsession wrapped up so I can move onto my next one......getting the holy grail of cruising......cheap port side concierge upgrade!

I have heard strange tales, of one brave, blessed soul changing her destiny and getting a 4 night upgrade from a regular family stateroom w/ verandah to a one bedroom suite for $400.

She is my hero
__________________

Last edited by CEGrant; 08-17-2012 at 06:38 AM.
CEGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #380
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!
 
BethC1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Deal, NJ
Posts: 4,207

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickxo View Post
Patiently waiting for my Sept 12 VGT - The Sept 12 is currently sold out of Veranda rooms does that mean we could possibly find out sooner than 10 days? & What are the chances of getting a navigators veranda? am i the only weirdo that would actually LOVE to get one?
I loved the Navigator's Verandah on Wonder. I've never had one on Magic, but I know they're a bit different, with a smaller "window". I'll be in an OGT room for that cruise, and I can't wait to see where I end up. It doesn't really matter, since all the rooms go to the same ports , but it makes it seem more real when i know where I'm going to sleep at night!

Beth
__________________
BethC1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #381
CEGrant
Mouseketeer
 
CEGrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickxo View Post
Patiently waiting for my Sept 12 VGT - The Sept 12 is currently sold out of Veranda rooms does that mean we could possibly find out sooner than 10 days? & What are the chances of getting a navigators veranda? am i the only weirdo that would actually LOVE to get one?
Assuming they go in order, (and I don't know if they do), you might have awhile yet. Still don't have the VGT from 8/29.
__________________
CEGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #382
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,476

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEGrant View Post
12 days out for the 8/29 Dream. Assign rooms, you lazy mythical, magical elves! I need this obsession wrapped up so I can move onto my next one......getting the holy grail of cruising......cheap port side concierge upgrade!

I have heard strange tales, of one brave, blessed soul changing her destiny and getting a 4 night upgrade from a regular family stateroom w/ verandah to a one bedroom suite for $400.

She is my hero
Pulling for you! If it can happen it can Disney happen! Pixie dust is a cool perk! Oh, and I"m the week after you! I bet you'l have your room assignment this Tuesday!! They seem to pop up on Tuesdays! Can't wait to hear! It just does not seem official until you have that room number and can then spend mindless hours envisioning how close you are to the nearest staircase, best path to the Aqua Duck, which laundry room to use, how many steps to the drink fountains, how long a hike to the gym... Honestly, I think vacationing is much more work than it need be!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #383
FJS961
DIS Veteran
 
FJS961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,812

friends of ours going on 8/25 Fantasy booked OGV and found out they have a 5A deck 10 midship/forward
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #384
CEGrant
Mouseketeer
 
CEGrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Pulling for you! If it can happen it can Disney happen! Pixie dust is a cool perk! Oh, and I"m the week after you! I bet you'l have your room assignment this Tuesday!! They seem to pop up on Tuesdays! Can't wait to hear! It just does not seem official until you have that room number and can then spend mindless hours envisioning how close you are to the nearest staircase, best path to the Aqua Duck, which laundry room to use, how many steps to the drink fountains, how long a hike to the gym... Honestly, I think vacationing is much more work than it need be!
Thanks! I agree with you, anticipation is half the fun, it seems.
__________________
CEGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #385
jellojatdisney
Mouseketeer
 
jellojatdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 277

I have an OGT and was assigned a 5D cabin. But my online reservation still describes a porthole view. Is that consistent with everyone else's reservation?
__________________
Jan 2007 Eastern Magic
April 2007 Western Magic
May 2008 Western PC Repo Magic
August 2011 Alaskan Wonder
February 2012 3N Bahamas Dream
August 2012 Eastern Fantasy
March 2013 Western Fantasy
Me DH
DS13 DD11 DD9
jellojatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #386
CEGrant
Mouseketeer
 
CEGrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellojatdisney View Post
I have an OGT and was assigned a 5D cabin. But my online reservation still describes a porthole view. Is that consistent with everyone else's reservation?
Probably cause that's what you paid for. Happy upgrade!
__________________
CEGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #387
JOANNEL
DVC MEMBER 6/02
I haven't laughed that hard in ages
 
JOANNEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: FWB FL
Posts: 7,899

We just got 6522 on the 8/29 dream. How do I find out what catagory it is?
JOANNEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #388
Tooth Fairy
DIS Veteran
 
Tooth Fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: W/S, NC
Posts: 1,078

Its a 5D...Congrats
Tooth Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #389
SNicksed
Rockin D' Magic!
I'm about to jump out of my own body
 
SNicksed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Halfmoon, NY
Posts: 1,211

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOANNEL View Post
We just got 6522 on the 8/29 dream. How do I find out what catagory it is?
At the top of this thread, click on "ships" and then "deck plans".
SNicksed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #390
JOANNEL
DVC MEMBER 6/02
I haven't laughed that hard in ages
 
JOANNEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: FWB FL
Posts: 7,899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooth Fairy View Post
Its a 5D...Congrats
Thanks, I take it it's a good thing?
JOANNEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: