Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #301
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT, Dream, sailing 8/15/12
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 6 days between 10:00am and 12:00 noon.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 8B
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy and don't feel like it's left-over!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 30 days

Tooth Fairy - did you finally get yours too?? I hope so
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013. Next: 10/2015 WDW/MNSSHP/F&W
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #302
WeHeartTink
Earning My Ears

Just checked online for the 5-day on Dream on 8/24 - there are no longer IGT or OGT rates being offered, no oceanview rooms at all, and what looks like several open rooms in both Inside and Verandah categories. I can't wait for room assignment! Hopefully next Monday!!
WeHeartTink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #303
Tooth Fairy
DIS Veteran

WooHoo got connecting 8C on deck 8 forward......love it
1. OGT Dream 8-15
2. 6 days
3. 8C
4. love it ....forward and connecting!!!!
5. connecting
6. booked 29 days out

Would have loved a verandah of course but very happy with our assignments...exactly what I would have chosen
Tooth Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #304
dmi188
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooth Fairy View Post
WooHoo got connecting 8C on deck 8 forward......love it
1. OGT Dream 8-15
2. 6 days
3. 8C
4. love it ....forward and connecting!!!!
5. connecting
6. booked 29 days out

Would have loved a verandah of course but very happy with our assignments...exactly what I would have chosen
Congrats! Now its our turn...Dream 8/19. Appears there are no inside rooms of any kind left on our cruise. Still offering OGT and VGT.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #305
5crazyfordisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHeartTink View Post
Just checked online for the 5-day on Dream on 8/24 - there are no longer IGT or OGT rates being offered, no oceanview rooms at all, and what looks like several open rooms in both Inside and Verandah categories. I can't wait for room assignment! Hopefully next Monday!!
So would I be correct in speculating that people with a OGT would get a veranda? That's so cool - will have to track our cruise bookings as we get closer to see how it's looking.
5crazyfordisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #306
WeHeartTink
Earning My Ears

We can hope for some pixie dust at the very least!!
WeHeartTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #307
lundve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5crazyfordisney View Post
So would I be correct in speculating that people with a OGT would get a veranda? That's so cool - will have to track our cruise bookings as we get closer to see how it's looking.
Probably not - that just means that they have sold enough rooms in these categories to not offer any more discounts - if you pretend to book these rooms at full price there are plenty. We too are on the 8/24 dream in an IGT and are pretty sure that's what we will get....so many rooms available to book

Last edited by lundve; 08-08-2012 at 11:06 PM.
lundve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #308
5crazyfordisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImDMous View Post
We have IGT for this cruise. We went for the super-cheap economy style cruise vacation. It looks like there are still a lot of rooms left on our cruise though so hopefully we'll all make out pretty well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
Hello fellow travelers. I have been watching this thread like crazy too. I'm very curious to see what we end up with for our VGT. If our cruise follows the same pattern, it looks like we should be seeing our assignments around 9/10
We are at least four weeks from getting our room assignments, yet I'm completely enthralled with the possibilities! I can barely contain myself now, what am I going to be like in four weeks?? And what if they aren't assigned 10 days before as I'm assuming? I can already tell that waiting a few extra days could be nerve racking!
5crazyfordisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #309
KTills
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are at least four weeks from getting our room assignments, yet I'm completely enthralled with the possibilities! I can barely contain myself now, what am I going to be like in four weeks?? And what if they aren't assigned 10 days before as I'm assuming? I can already tell that waiting a few extra days could be nerve racking!
Yes, when that 10-day deadline came and went...it was pretty tragic for a few of us. There was constant refreshing of the internet site from work, home, on the road, at the grocery store, etc. It drove a few of us completely batty! And then...on day 8, assignments started coming in.

It'll drive you crazy for sure! The unknown is a wacky thing! Best of luck!
KTills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #310
dmi188
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTills View Post
Yes, when that 10-day deadline came and went...it was pretty tragic for a few of us. There was constant refreshing of the internet site from work, home, on the road, at the grocery store, etc. It drove a few of us completely batty! And then...on day 8, assignments started coming in.

It'll drive you crazy for sure! The unknown is a wacky thing! Best of luck!
Yep, tomorrow is the 10 day mark for me....just hoping I don't have to wait till Monday!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #311
gunka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hear what you are saying. I almost wish I hadnt found this thread, ignorance is bliss but now knowing what I know I will be blowing up the internet at the 10 day mark.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #312
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

So for 8/19 there are still selling OGT and looks like about 20 some ocean view that can be selected and GTY as well.

There's over 50 verandahs available as well and about 14 Concierge.

Now, inside are all gone. I don't think we'll know much for several days, maybe even until Monday or Tuesday of next week as they'll continue to try to sell these.

What sucks is that we won't get much of any upgrades as they'll probably keep them to sell at port.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #313
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
So for 8/19 there are still selling OGT and looks like about 20 some ocean view that can be selected and GTY as well.

There's over 50 verandahs available as well and about 14 Concierge.

Now, inside are all gone. I don't think we'll know much for several days, maybe even until Monday or Tuesday of next week as they'll continue to try to sell these.

What sucks is that we won't get much of any upgrades as they'll probably keep them to sell at port.
A DCL employee told me that they don't discount any cabins, even if some are available at the port. Is this true?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #314
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
A DCL employee told me that they don't discount any cabins, even if some are available at the port. Is this true?
They will have upgrades available at a fraction of the cost difference if they have them.

For igt/OGT/Vgt however it is based on the lowest category and noton what you got.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #315
patapat
Earning My Ears

Question about category

I booked an OGT for our Alaska cruise. I just checked for room assignments (know it is early) and notice the following by my stateroom number - Outside stateroom with restrictions OGT, #GTY. Does the GTY mean anything special as I thought GTY was a regular code? Was hoping it would be ahold thing.

By the way, a friend is on the 9/23 CA cruise and got her room already with an IGT booking and was upgraded to an outside room.

Thanks.
patapat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: