Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM   #1
DisneyRunner74
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up St. Maarten Tour idea

We recently returned from a 7-nighter on the Fantasy (Dec. 6-13) and one of our stops was on St. Maarten. Prior to the cruise, we had reached out to Disboards to see about tours or ideas of what to do since none of the DCL excursions seemed too exciting for us, based on the cost.

I am happy to say we found an AWESOME private tour guide. Joyce Prince Tours (http://joyceprince.com/tours.html).

Joyce was PHENOMENAL. Several other folks have reviewed her here on Disboards and gave her high praise. Also, her reviews on TripAdvisor are off the charts. She is the real deal.

For $375 our family of 5 toured with her for the whole day, 9:30 am to 3:45 pm. We got to see and do so much and our kids (ages 10, 9 and 5) thought she was so fun. Right from the beginning she talked to us about the history of the island, what it's like to live on the island and about herself. Having done a bit of research ahead of time, we were able to give her some ideas of what we wanted to see. She incorporated ALL of it and we never felt rushed.

Here are some of the things we did/saw:
Short, easy hike with AMAZING views of the island and ocean
Maho Beach (for the 747 landing)
Yoda Guy Museum
Beach time... we were the only ones there!
Sarafina's Bakery (on the French side)
Wild iguanas
Held live conchs, sea urchins, sea stars
More beach time on another beach
(I know I'm leaving things off this list. We did so much it's hard to remember!)

Joyce also provided water, soda, juice and her delicious guavaberry rum punch (for me and DH).

The $375 cost was actually for up to 7 people, so had we had another two, our out-of-pocket cost would have been less. But we felt it was worth it even just for us. Had we done something like DCL's "Family Fun, Beach and Nature Walk" it would have cost us $355 for the 5 of us (for a lot less time).

Just felt compelled to post about our experience, since it was so positive and I know there are likely other families out there wondering what to do on St. Maarten.

If you have questions, feel free to ask!
DisneyRunner74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #2
quickcat
Mouseketeer

Thanks for this! This was one place we couldn't really decide what to do... glad to hear you had a positive experience
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: