Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM   #1
Sparrow78
Mouseketeer
 
Sparrow78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB - Canada
Posts: 168

5 night vs 7 night

Hi Everyone,

We just moved our 7 night Jan Cruise to a 5 night on the magic Nov 2015.

I remember reading before the 7 nights offer more stuff... character breakfasts and Tea with Alice.

Does the 5 night get anything special? Do they get any of those breakfasts. Are Anna and Elsa on all the cruises now?

I know I have a year to move if we want but price wise the 5 night was just better than $1600+ more in a smaller room on the fantasy, especially since we want to do a few days at WDW before or after and I will not be back at work after a year of matleave yet so if I can save lots on matleave then maybe we can go to the fantasy.

Just don't want to "lessen" our experience with fun stuff on the cruise if we end up missing other things that are offered on the 7 night.

TIA!
__________________
Me DH and DD (6)


Sailing on the Magic again! Nov 29, 2015!

------
8 night Magic Cruise - Jan 18, 2013

Paradise Pier Hotel May 20-26, 2012
WDW August 7-14 2010
2nd DL trip! May 18-25, 2004
1st DL visit... 1 day rushed trip May 2001
Sparrow78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #2
scgustafson
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow78 View Post
Hi Everyone,

We just moved our 7 night Jan Cruise to a 5 night on the magic Nov 2015.

I remember reading before the 7 nights offer more stuff... character breakfasts and Tea with Alice.

Does the 5 night get anything special? Do they get any of those breakfasts. Are Anna and Elsa on all the cruises now?

I know I have a year to move if we want but price wise the 5 night was just better than $1600+ more in a smaller room on the fantasy, especially since we want to do a few days at WDW before or after and I will not be back at work after a year of matleave yet so if I can save lots on matleave then maybe we can go to the fantasy.

Just don't want to "lessen" our experience with fun stuff on the cruise if we end up missing other things that are offered on the 7 night.

TIA!
There will not be a character breakfast as you need to be on a 7-night or longer with a combination of 3 sea days/late port arrivals for there to be time for all dining rotations to get their time. As for Anna and Elsa, anything I have to offer would be pure speculation; however, they were onboard my 12-night Mediterranean cruise on Disney Magic this summer.
My feeling is that the more days the better, especially sea days.
scgustafson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM   #3
kiapepito
Earning My Ears
 
kiapepito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 61

Is tea with Alice on the western 7 day fantasy Caribbean? Do we pay extra for the character breakfasts and where do they take place?
kiapepito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiapepito View Post
Is tea with Alice on the western 7 day fantasy Caribbean? Do we pay extra for the character breakfasts and where do they take place?
No character breakfast on the Fantasy at all.

Don't know for sure about Tea With....(Alice, Disney Friends, the Princesses, whoever), but I don't think they have that on the Fantasy either.
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #5
mom4fun
DIS Veteran
 
mom4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: michigan
Posts: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiapepito View Post
Is tea with Alice on the western 7 day fantasy Caribbean? Do we pay extra for the character breakfasts and where do they take place?
They have a tea but it is very expensive.
__________________
mom4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4fun View Post
They have a tea but it is very expensive.

That would be the Royal Court Tea:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013...isney-fantasy/

Also, a recent thread about it:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....a#post52232241
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:49 AM   #7
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,903

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
No character breakfast on the Fantasy at all.

Don't know for sure about Tea With....(Alice, Disney Friends, the Princesses, whoever), but I don't think they have that on the Fantasy either.
This!
The dining rooms on the new ships are too large for character breakfasts.
__________________
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:03 AM   #8
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.
 
jjje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MN
Posts: 678

This probably won't help your decision at all but I recommend not including the availability of a character breakfast in your decision. The characters stop by your just long enough for a very quick photo but no real interaction. The food is probably the worst you'll find on the cruise. It's like they take stuff off the buffet line, leave it sitting out for a few hours, and then serve it. Blech.
__________________

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:22 AM   #9
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's
 
bats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 1,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
This probably won't help your decision at all but I recommend not including the availability of a character breakfast in your decision. The characters stop by your just long enough for a very quick photo but no real interaction. The food is probably the worst you'll find on the cruise. It's like they take stuff off the buffet line, leave it sitting out for a few hours, and then serve it. Blech.
My thoughts exactly. We had a character breakfast on the WBTA in Sept and it was awful. We were 3 families (all one party so to speak) sat at one table and were told we could only have 2 photos per table. We didn't accept that as it should be 2 photos per family. This is what we did and we were very quick, but everything was rushed. Food was cold, servers were stressed and it was just not something I'd both with again.
__________________
Bats
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:26 AM   #10
Justacruiser
Military Veteran
 
Justacruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow78 View Post
Hi Everyone,

We just moved our 7 night Jan Cruise to a 5 night on the magic Nov 2015.

I remember reading before the 7 nights offer more stuff... character breakfasts and Tea with Alice.

Does the 5 night get anything special? Do they get any of those breakfasts. Are Anna and Elsa on all the cruises now?

I know I have a year to move if we want but price wise the 5 night was just better than $1600+ more in a smaller room on the fantasy, especially since we want to do a few days at WDW before or after and I will not be back at work after a year of matleave yet so if I can save lots on matleave then maybe we can go to the fantasy.

Just don't want to "lessen" our experience with fun stuff on the cruise if we end up missing other things that are offered on the 7 night.

TIA!
I would think about IF they offer a discount for the January 2015 sailings on the Fantasy. I would say there is a good chance for a discount (*GT) might be offered. You could make up the difference with the discount. I have a thread that I list all the current discounts. Let me know and I can keep an eye out for you.
__________________
Total: 22 DCL Cruises / Total Nights on Board: 119 / Favorite Ship: Magic

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:22 PM   #11
Sparrow78
Mouseketeer
 
Sparrow78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB - Canada
Posts: 168

Thanks for the offer. We can't do January no matter what right now. New baby will be 11 weeks old if that by then so I'm out! We really would like the longer cruise because that is what we did first but right now cannot justify the price difference to go on the Fantasy in November after spending a year off work on matleave!
__________________
Me DH and DD (6)


Sailing on the Magic again! Nov 29, 2015!

------
8 night Magic Cruise - Jan 18, 2013

Paradise Pier Hotel May 20-26, 2012
WDW August 7-14 2010
2nd DL trip! May 18-25, 2004
1st DL visit... 1 day rushed trip May 2001
Sparrow78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:58 PM   #12
Snowwhyt
I've felt the Magic each time I visit!
 
Snowwhyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Was WI, Then IL, Now WI, Next MN.
Posts: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow78 View Post
Thanks for the offer. We can't do January no matter what right now. New baby will be 11 weeks old if that by then so I'm out! We really would like the longer cruise because that is what we did first but right now cannot justify the price difference to go on the Fantasy in November after spending a year off work on matleave!
I'm a little unclear on the baby's due date and your maternity leave. I'm sure you've already check this out but.... you know that after certain period of time Disney will turn you away if you're pregnancy is something like 40 weeks in. They won't take the liability of a miscarriage on the ship. I'm probably just reading it wrong.perhaps you're talking of next November?
__________________
Karyne Jim Dana age 15
Disneyland 1975
Disney World 99, 03, 05, 08, 10, 11, 12, 13
Magic Turkey Cruise 2010

Snowwhyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:05 PM   #13
jahber
DIS Veteran
 
jahber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwhyt View Post
I'm a little unclear on the baby's due date and your maternity leave. I'm sure you've already check this out but.... you know that after certain period of time Disney will turn you away if you're pregnancy is something like 40 weeks in. They won't take the liability of a miscarriage on the ship. I'm probably just reading it wrong.
She's talking about the November AFTER the baby is born, not the November before
__________________
Wonder 5-night Western 10/14
Dream 4-night Bahamas 11/13
Wonder 7-night Alaska 9/13
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.