Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #61
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
I'm not "riled up," but "disgusting" does seem like a pretty extreme - and to me, odd - choice of words. Undercooked French Fries don't taste good and I would definitely send them back, but I wouldn't be "disgusted." I'd have to be served spoiled meat, find foreign objects in my food, or be served on a dirty dish before I'd be in "disgusted" territory.
I don't know.. I am pretty laid back about restaurant food, but I ate the chicken/rib combo at CR and I might classify it as disgusting. NO OFFENSE AT ALL.. but it was slimy and just not good. Perhaps it was just an off day for CR, but it was definitely pretty gross. And this would be comparing it to a Boston Market or something.. not a five star place. I wouldn't try that meal again

i guess I get riled up sometimes defending WDW vacations as a whole (when you have someone that goes at Christmas, doesn't have ADRs and arrives at the parks at noon and then complains how horrible it is).. but there aren't any restaurants I will take stands against at this point. I think I totally just ordered the wrong dish at the wrong time. Have a great day everyone!

DH43, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD7

jenniferma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #62
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
To you and the others that posted disgusting, inedible meals at Cosmic Rays, please do everybody a favor and go somewhere else or quit complaining. We have had very good meals there and no, we are not on the dining plan trying to get the most for a CS credit. No restaurant is for everyone, and no one is obliged to go to CR or any other, even though most of the CS places serve the same food. We don't care for Casey's Corner, but we don't complain, nor do we go there. I can get better hot dogs from our grocery store, but I concur to those that do love it. We all have our opinions, and I have yet to find any WDW restaurant "disgusting or inedible", those are pretty strong words
I called the ribs we had "inedible" because I don't know what else to call them? We literally could not eat them because of the fat layer and being so tough. Is there another word I should use?
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #63
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
I'm not "riled up," but "disgusting" does seem like a pretty extreme - and to me, odd - choice of words. Undercooked French Fries don't taste good and I would definitely send them back, but I wouldn't be "disgusted." I'd have to be served spoiled meat, find foreign objects in my food, or be served on a dirty dish before I'd be in "disgusted" territory.
Food that I cannot eat because it is so gross is considered disgusting in my world. And it was not just the fries, it is everything I have ever tried there. That is what this thread is about. If I had ONE bad meal, fine. But every meal I have eaten there over the last 7 years? Not fine.
connorlevismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #64
osugal
Mouseketeer

Most of us didn't eat our food even though we were hungry. I think I can use the word disgusting for that. Yep...still sticking with disgusting.
osugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #65
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorlevismom View Post
Imainly because it is one of the only places open later.
There you have it! Exhausted, late, place to sit down, starving! The longer we seek food the more my expectations dampen, in the end the food quality is the least of my consideration at this point!

I will say that once, a long long time ago, in an era gone by (15 -20 yrs) I had a hot hamburger, on a soft bun, covered with sauteed mushrooms and onions and a hint of cheese sauce that would rival any hamburger I've ever eaten! Who knows, maybe I was delirious from the heat!

Sometimes when the conditions are right and the stars align with the moon, you have an experience that you won't ever be able to re-create!

The food is blah!!!!!!!!!!! but always edible! Now I stick to ceasar chicken salad, not impresive nor exciting but edible!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #66
SOnotLayuh
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I've also not found it disgusting, really. It's not the best (I much prefer CHH or Casey's), but sometimes if you're in the mood for a burger it's a good choice. I like toppings bars.
| ASMo 05.05 | Offsite 05.06 | Pop 05.07 | Pop/CSR 07.08 | AKL 07.09 | AKL 04.10 | Dolphin 07.10 | Offsite 09.10 | CSR 11.10 | WL CL 02.11 | DTD Hilton 05.11 | CR CL 9.11 | BWV 10.11 | CSR/BLT 03.12 | AKV/BWV 05.12 | SSR 08.12 | AKV 10.12 | BLT/SSR 12.13 | AKV 03.14 | AKV CL Disneymoon 10.14 |

SOnotLayuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #67
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Food that I cannot eat because it is so gross is considered disgusting in my world. And it was not just the fries, it is everything I have ever tried there. That is what this thread is about. If I had ONE bad meal, fine. But every meal I have eaten there over the last 7 years? Not fine.
Well, again, "gross" isn't a word I'd use that lightly, either. Seems a bit hyperbolic. But YMMV.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #68
wundermommy76
Mouseketeer

I guess what confuses me the most is why you wouldn't complain to the manager if you received TWO "disgusting, inedible" batches of french fries. But more than that, I guess I'm confused as to why you keep going back to eat some place that you or your family clearly does not enjoy? Even if it was the only place open. Doesn't make sense to me. Definitely better planning is needed to make sure you aren't spending good $$ on what you consider bad food. I would never pay twice for a meal somewhere that I considered disgusting.

2011-FW 2012-POP 2013-POFQ 2014-POP again!
wundermommy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #69
rznhal
DIS Veteran

My kids love the entertainment. Ironic, I know

I didn't eat with the rest of the family last trip. I picked up fast passes while they ate at cr, then got a snack later on. Good decision.

me, DH, DD6, DS2
1988-Grand Floridian, 1993-offsite, 1994-offsite
2002-DTD and Disney Cruise Honeymoon
2005-offsite, 2009-POP, 2011-CSR
2012-Adults only Graduation Trip-AKL
2013-AKL again!
rznhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #70
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you a glutton for punishment or just like to go so you can complain? Or, are you a slow learner to still be going to a place for 7 years that you find has disgusting, inedible food?
There really is no need for personal attacks.

ETA: I still have no idea why you are taking this thread so personally. In reading through it, you seem completely offended that I (and many others) would find this restuarant not good. Why? Why are you getting SO upset about it?

Last edited by connorlevismom; 05-02-2012 at 03:20 PM.
connorlevismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #71
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There really is no need for personal attacks.
I don't consider this a personal attack after all your posts on this subject and this restaurant and the descriptions that you gave for "all" the food on the menu there - just commenting on what you, yourself, had already said along with a few others that agreed completely with you. When you come on so strong, as a PP said, you are bound to get some strong replies back
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #72
osugal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I don't consider this a personal attack after all your posts on this subject and this restaurant and the descriptions that you gave for "all" the food on the menu there - just commenting on what you, yourself, had already said along with a few others that agreed completely with you. When you come on so strong, as a PP said, you are bound to get some strong replies back
Yes - you turned it into personal attacks. I think calling someone a slow learner is definitely a personal attack. And, over what? Cosmic Rays. Seriously? You've officially turned this into the weirdest thread I've ever read.
osugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #73
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugal View Post
Yes - you turned it into personal attacks. I think calling someone a slow learner is definitely a personal attack. And, over what? Cosmic Rays. Seriously? You've officially turned this into the weirdest thread I've ever read.
What would you call someone that has kept going back to the same place for 7 years, calling "all" the food at said place disgusting, gross, inedible, when a lot of us truly enjoy the food there? I don't exactly like having a place that I have gotten good food called these names either. Y'all are stating your opinions quite "vocally" so I can also comment on things other posters have commented on. We just got back, ate there, and the lines were very long, and the tables full - doubt seriously that they were all eating gross food - we weren't
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #74
reiella
DIS Veteran

Veggie Patties are ok. From what I understand they're Gardenburger brand.

Nothing exceptional [either way]. But it's a quick burger.
reiella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #75
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

I must say, this thread has been sort of entertaining and unique. Which is surprising since pretty much ever WDW restaurant at some point or another gets a thread very similar to this one. A bunch of people say X restaurant is gross/nasty/disgusting. A few others chime in and say they got food poisoning and then a bunch of others rush into defend the place. Nobody's right or wrong since tastebuds don't lie but they aren't a one size fits all kind of thing.

I am a Pecos Bills girl, love the taco salad although why I don't know since everytime I get to the bottom of that taco shell bowl I see this big glob of grease! Talk about gross, but I can't help myself, I love that salad! Although I use the term "salad" very loosely since the only thing green in it is the iceberg lettuce I put in just to make it look like a salad.

One of the reasons I don't like CR is that once I encountered this crazy woman who threw her tray at me because she thought ds and I had stolen some of her french fries. We laugh now but at the time, I seriously thought this woman was going to punch me. Maybe its her memory that makes me avoid this place if I can possibly do so! I guess her fries were done and tasty because she was mad as hell that somebody had eaten them while she was in the potty.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: