Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #46
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Our favorite is CHH, but for a change during the week we usually have the roasted chicken meal? Not sure of the official name. It's really not bad for a CS.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #47
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugal View Post
You don't know how this could happen? Really? You take them out before they're cooked. It's not rocket science. And, CS is by far the worst meal my family has ever had on WDW property. I'm not finding this hard to believe.
Really? You don't have to be rude. I know you can take them out before they're fully-cooked - I'm not stupid, contrary to what you are trying to imply. My meaning was that I didn't think she could get a "raw" potato after it had been deep-fried, even for a short period of time. The OP posted her meaning, it was settled that it tasted "raw", not that it was "raw". To me, "raw" means a crunchy, juicy slice of fresh potato ... not a slightly-undercooked deep-fried one.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #48
henderkm
Mouseketeer

One of DH's favorite places to eat every time we go to WDW. We love listening to Sonny Eclipse's corny jokes every time we're there.

One of the things we like is that there is a variety of food all in one place. DH and I usually split the roast chicken while DD's order food from a different "Bay".
henderkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #49
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorlevismom View Post
I have been to this place over and over (gluten for punishment?) mainly because it is one of the only places open later. The food is disgusting! Yet, I keep hearing on here that it is a favorite. Someone please tell me why and what you eat that is so good. Because everything that I have tried is gross. I used to at least like the fries because of the cheese sauce, but last time I ate those I got sick. They were not even cooked!
Agree with your sentiments, the food has been terrible every time we have ate there. Last time I actually tracked down a manager and had a talk with them about how bad our food was. I was looking for nothing more than to get our money back for the portion of food we couldn't eat because it was so bad. In the end she refunded us the cost of the two meals that were terrible. I was super nice to her and she was super nice back to me.

I have never done that before at any restaurant, inside or outside of Disney. However, the food was so bad and expensive I had to say something.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #50
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Chicken and ribs, my friend, chicken and ribs.
That was actually the meal we complained about. We ate the chicken, which was OK, but the ribs were worst I have ever seen or tasted. Both my portion and my daughter's portion were literally inedible. I know ribs are supposed to have some fat in them, but literally there was a unbreakable layer of fat on the top of the ribs. I couldn't even pull them apart, and I can bench press 350 lbs.

I'm sure we just got a bum meal, but we have ate there about 5 times over the years and have never had a really good meal. Had some OK ones, but the last time was truly terrible.

Sorry if I offended anybody.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #51
Celidh
DIS Veteran

I have been there once and was not impressed. We had chicken and ribs for most of us. My 14 yr old son who loves ribs and well, he's a 14 yr old boy didn't finish them. I don't have high expectations of WDW qs meals. Let's face it, it is fast food and they have to feed huge amounts of people in a day. There is only so much they can do. I worked in the food industry for 20 years, both as regular staff and management. I get that it is hard sometimes. I have to say though, both the ribs and the chicken were very tough, most likely somewhat undercooked. They were both very hard to get off the bone. I am probably spoiled since I spent 7 years working at Swiss Chalet where chicken and ribs is their specialty.

No matter how good the restaurant, there is always the chance for having an off day. Even the best restaurants in the world will have negative reviews.

IMO, if you don't like it there, no point in keep coming back. I agree with a pp who said that if you find yourself going there because it is all that is open, you need to adjust your plan.

We went to Pecos Bills and really liked it. My partner and I are planning on trying CHH. Would I plan to go back to Cosmic Rays, probably not but if I was with someone who wanted to go, I wouldn't say no.

Also, on a slightly off topic, I don't hate the buns at WDW. Maybe because I am used to whole wheat bread, I don't know.

Celidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #52
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

We also tried it several times, never liked it, and haven't been back there the last few years. I think the big appeal is the pricey combo meal, everyone loves to get a deal on the dining plan. Unfortunately the ribs are inedible so it's not a good deal at all.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #53
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney View Post
We also tried it several times, never liked it, and haven't been back there the last few years. I think the big appeal is the pricey combo meal, everyone loves to get a deal on the dining plan. Unfortunately the ribs are inedible so it's not a good deal at all.
To you and the others that posted disgusting, inedible meals at Cosmic Rays, please do everybody a favor and go somewhere else or quit complaining. We have had very good meals there and no, we are not on the dining plan trying to get the most for a CS credit. No restaurant is for everyone, and no one is obliged to go to CR or any other, even though most of the CS places serve the same food. We don't care for Casey's Corner, but we don't complain, nor do we go there. I can get better hot dogs from our grocery store, but I concur to those that do love it. We all have our opinions, and I have yet to find any WDW restaurant "disgusting or inedible", those are pretty strong words
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:05 AM   #54
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I prefer Pecos Bills if I'm going to get a burger. I don't eat the bread though so maybe that's why it's not so bad? Cosmic Rays is so big and noisy and we spend little time in Tomorrowland anyway.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #55
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

I find it quite funny the amount of people who are getting SO upset about people's opinions on CR. Are you the cook's there or something? Because you are taking people's opinions quite personally for someone that just likes the food there.

I believe this is a message board where people come to post their opinions on things. I believe that we are entitled to our opinions on CR's disgusting food and I find it funny that you come in here and stomp your feet like a toddler telling us to stop coming here and complaining about the food. How about if you LIKE the food, you just don't read the thread?

I seriously cannot figure out why people are getting their undies in such a bunch over this.
connorlevismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:44 AM   #56
sukhakuli
I guess I'm funny like that

The reason people are responding so strongly is because your choice of words was so strong. Take this post for instance:
Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
To you and the others that posted disgusting, inedible meals at Cosmic Rays, please do everybody a favor and go somewhere else or quit complaining. We have had very good meals there and no, we are not on the dining plan trying to get the most for a CS credit. No restaurant is for everyone, and no one is obliged to go to CR or any other, even though most of the CS places serve the same food. We don't care for Casey's Corner, but we don't complain, nor do we go there. I can get better hot dogs from our grocery store, but I concur to those that do love it. We all have our opinions, and I have yet to find any WDW restaurant "disgusting or inedible", those are pretty strong words
Caseys is my family's favorite place to eat at the MK. Well, theirs, not mine. I find it acceptable. We ate there 3 times on our last trip. There's just something about nacho cheese that gets dh and the kids all a-flutter. So, the PP doesn't like Caseys. And that's fine. But there is nothing inflammatory in the post about it. That's why you are getting these reactions. Not because people are so in love with CR that they cannot imagine anyone ever disliking it, but because you used words like "disgusting." If you had made a post that said:

I see so many positive reviews for CR. I've eaten there many times, and I haven't found anything I like. I'm just curious, for those who love CR, what meals do you like and why?

Then you wouldn't have gotten to many strong opinions. And you wouldn't have gotten such a long thread with so many views, either....
Old 05-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #57
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhakuli View Post
The reason people are responding so strongly is because your choice of words was so strong. Take this post for instance:

Caseys is my family's favorite place to eat at the MK. Well, theirs, not mine. I find it acceptable. We ate there 3 times on our last trip. There's just something about nacho cheese that gets dh and the kids all a-flutter. So, the PP doesn't like Caseys. And that's fine. But there is nothing inflammatory in the post about it. That's why you are getting these reactions. Not because people are so in love with CR that they cannot imagine anyone ever disliking it, but because you used words like "disgusting." If you had made a post that said:

I see so many positive reviews for CR. I've eaten there many times, and I haven't found anything I like. I'm just curious, for those who love CR, what meals do you like and why?

Then you wouldn't have gotten to many strong opinions. And you wouldn't have gotten such a long thread with so many views, either....
But to me, it is disgusting. That is why I used that word. Honestly it does not matter, I just find it stange that people are so riled up over it.

I really like PVH and I have seen PLENTY of threads and posts saying it was horrible, it just does not bother me. I don't ever see myself going on those threads and telling them to stop going there and stop coming on here complaining. That is their opinions and I respect that.
connorlevismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #58
sukhakuli
I guess I'm funny like that

Like I said, it was the choice of words. You may feel that way, but you don't have to broadcast it that way. I have lots of strong opinions about things that I either water down to be polite, or keep to myself. Just because you feel a certain way, doesn't mean you have to go telling everyone. And if you do, be prepared for the backlash.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #59
osugal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorlevismom View Post
I find it quite funny the amount of people who are getting SO upset about people's opinions on CR. Are you the cook's there or something? Because you are taking people's opinions quite personally for someone that just likes the food there.

I believe this is a message board where people come to post their opinions on things. I believe that we are entitled to our opinions on CR's disgusting food and I find it funny that you come in here and stomp your feet like a toddler telling us to stop coming here and complaining about the food. How about if you LIKE the food, you just don't read the thread?

I seriously cannot figure out why people are getting their undies in such a bunch over this.
LOL! My thoughts exactly. I'm thinking....they must work there to be so defensive of a QS restaurant.
osugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #60
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

I'm not "riled up," but "disgusting" does seem like a pretty extreme - and to me, odd - choice of words. Undercooked French Fries don't taste good and I would definitely send them back, but I wouldn't be "disgusted." I'd have to be served spoiled meat, find foreign objects in my food, or be served on a dirty dish before I'd be in "disgusted" territory.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: