Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #46
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Chellymouse--I like OKW, but I am tempted to borrow one of these golf carts I see over here and go to SSR and get a mattress and pillow for the rest of our stay. The ones here are kinda hard and I wake up and can't feel my paws. That's a problem. Other than that, we like it here and will probably come back especially because its so cheap point wise.

It looks like we do live pretty close to each other. I heard it's been pretty warm there yesterday and today--almost like the temperatures here, but definitely not as fun.
SSRmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #47
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

OMG! I love the Carictures.

Harlemgirl720 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #48
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

You are right - the first caricature was put to shame by the second one. Your artist last night must have been talented. Hope the Beaches and Cream trip was fun and worth waiting on the brownie for!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #49
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

After all the excitement with the caricatures last night, we slept in a little today and then decided to head to Epcot to check out more of the flower and garden festival. Sorcerer Mickey is looking good.

I was going to dance with the hippos, but I was afraid they might step on me.

We ran into a really awesome flower and garden cart and the guy let me drive!

Here are some more topiaries.

We went into the festival center and it sounded like the Saturday Night Live Martha Stewart was there. Anyone remember her Christmas special? Luckily for the audience it was not her!

I think I’m going to try to make some of these floating pots in the pool this afternoon. It would definitely add some pizazz to the pool don’t you think?

Koala really wanted to join the Picnic Society in Norway. He filled out the membership card and then realized he had to be a citizen in Norway. He doesn’t want to leave the US now because his passport is expired, so I guess he’ll have to wait to join.

A few more flowers…

Buzz and Woody!

Koala chatted with these horses for a while. He has lots of questions about horseshoes…he doesn’t understand why they don’t look like regular shoes. He offered to take these guys to the Nike outlet, but they said there were on duty until 9pm.

This horse was missing a few pieces.

This gave me a great idea…

Mom won’t let us play drums in the house, but we have a fife and a slide whistle, so I think I’ll start a band. I’m not sure if I should name it “Slife” or “The Fife Whistles”. I’ll have to keep thinking.

We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and I enjoyed some boneless honey BBQ wings and an adult beverage. After hanging around the resort for a while we will head to MK tonight. I have to figure out a strategy to get to the pirate’s booty—my lottery ticket wasn’t a winner the other night. I pushed back our realtor meeting, so I’m really counting on some authentic pirate’s booty tonight.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #50
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

SSRMonkey...it's 90 today, but you are correct...90 here and 90 at WDW are 2 very different 90's! Glad to hear your trip is going well. LOVED your carcicatures! The artist did a great job. Surprised your mom let you have an adult beverage!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #51
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRmonkey View Post

Absolutely priceless.

Loving this fabulous TR. Gorgeous shots of Epcot.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #52
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran

once again, your dad has taken some of the best pictures of epcot.

Love, Love the new pictures the guy drew of you two. it tickled me so much to think of the guy drawing them laughing and enoying doing it. you know that is what makes their day! It sure made my day and i really needed it. Can't believe your mom let you have an adult beverage. humm. what exactly did you try?? do tell.

me (Leigh Anne), DH (Bart), DS 12, DS10
Tinks "SS" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #53
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

We had another great night. I tried to build one of those floating flower pots for the pool but I got caught taking apart the playground by the pool and that ended my project rather quickly. After a snack of a big Mickey head rice kripsie treat, we headed to MK.

We got the training monorail tonight. He pulled into the station a little too fast and had to back up. There was another monorail guy holding a sign that said “Park Here”. Haha. They have to learn sometime right?

I made it through security without them shutting down Pirates. So some of the security guards think it’s a little odd to bring me into the park. I didn’t think much of it, but tonight, this guy got in with a bird on his shoulder. I don’t feel so bad.

After a front seat ride in Pirates, we headed over to Philharmagic. It made me want some apple pie. I settled for some ice cream instead. We ate outside the Cheshire Café. I was impressed that they have cereal available there all day long. Cereal is one of my favorite things to eat (besides pizza and anything banana), so I will have to keep this in mind the next time I get a rumbly in my tumbly.

The wait for Buzz was only 10 minutes so since Koala beat me the last time, I gave it my best shot...pun intended. I got my best score ever!!!

Since our last experience at the Laugh Floor was not so great, we thought we would give it another try. It was much better this time. Buddy Boyle did some beat boxing and sang “I Whip My Hair Back and Forth”. I tried whipping my hair back and forth and pulled a neck muscle. So much for that.

Since the parade was about to start we thought we might be able to get in to see Mickey and Minnie and we did!! I was really tempted to try on his hat and robe, but I didn’t want to end up like Donald Duck, so I behaved.

I wonder if this is Bean Bunny--maybe this is his new job since he left Muppet Vision.

I’m going to try levitating Koala tonight. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Don’t worry, we’ll practice over the extra bed!

The night ended in a perfect way—with a hug from Mickey and Minnie. Koala was a little starstruck.

They liked us so much that they didn’t want to give us back. I’m pretty sure I could have been really helpful with their picture taking tonight, but Dad said no. What a party pooper.

On another note, I saw this picture yesterday and forgot to mention it.

This cat apparently was killed by a rainbow. I wonder what he did to make the Lucky Charms leprechaun mad. Poor kitty. I did NOT buy this. It’s disturbing.

Tomorrow I think we’re going to check out some of the resorts on the monorail and then head to MK and Epcot again!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #54
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

For those of you who are surprised about my Mom letting me have adult beverages--I very much enjoy them...and mostly in a responsible manner. I won't tell you how old I am, but let's just say I've been legally allowed to enjoy these beverages for several years. These days my favorites are Shock Top and Blue Moon.

I am only allowed to enjoy them when my parents are around for supervision. I often have out of body experiences while enjoying said beverages. There may have been instances of streaking and swirlies, but I won't admit to any of it if asked directly.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #55
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

Awesome TR! The charicatures made me laugh. They are hysterical! Great job on your Buzz Lightyear score.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #56
ABE4DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemgirl720 View Post
OMG! I love the Carictures.
Loving them and your trip report as well!

ABE4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #57
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

I got to do some exploring of the resorts on the monorail today. I wanted to check out the Poly and GF. I was especially excited to see GF and the construction for the new DVC area. First up was the Poly. It wasn’t exactly what I expected, but it seemed nice. I like how there are Tiki Gods around. This one let me play a drum solo to entertain the crowd.

I saw this volcano and had to chase Koala down from the top. He thought it was one of those chocolate volcanoes from Rainforest Café. He was looking for the chocolate lava.

I just thought this was pretty.

We hopped back onto the monorail and headed over to GF. They have the construction pretty well hidden but I was able to get a couple shots with the cranes.

After that we decided to move on to MK. First things first, we headed over to Pirates again. One last try to get the booty. I didn’t have much luck again.

Then we decided to try to get to Epcot to get FP for Soarin for tonight. By the time we got there, shortly after noon, they were all gone. Oh well, we’ll just have to wait in line tonight.

After some Subway for lunch, we are headed to the pool for a while. My wet suit was confiscated after my shenanigans the other day, so I’ll just have to catch some rays. Can’t have any wet monkey smell for our Epcot adventure tonight. Time to GTL—minus the G and the L.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #58
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

What great caricatures you got! I love it! And that was so nice of him to let you drive his golf cart! You two are having an amazing time!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #59
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

SSRMonkey - you are hip when it comes to using slang. I had to look up GTL! It made me feel old that I did't know what that meant.

I hope you have fun at Epcot tonight. Hopefully you'll be able to ride Soarin' without too much wait.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #60
mlittig
DIS Veteran

SSRmonkey, oh my gosh, I just found your trip report and it is hysterical I am absolutely loving it You have made my day

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Pop Century
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: