Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #16
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyWatch View Post
Thanks for posting all the photos. We are going on our first ABD trip in June (Backtage Magic). Will my daughter and I each get a backpack?
Yes, and some other fun swag- but nobody likes to spoil ALL the surprises ABD, is full of fun surprises, it's one of the extra things I like about an ABD! But the back pack-I think they should warn you since people do pack or at least consider what they will pack in earlier than 3 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFan10 View Post
When we received our Booking Information documents to sign and return, one of the documents was the Travel Gift selection form, which we have to return no later than 90 days prior to travel.

The Adult Tote is described as "A chocolate brown, padded messenger bag that can be used to hold a lap-top, iPod, camera, and more! Dimensions: 41cm x 13cm x 30 cm". Or, 16" x 5" x 12".

The Blanket/Pillow is described as "A fleece throw that converts into a pillow. This is the perfect size to put in your bag/backpack for plane and bus rides. When blanket is unfolded, Adventures by Disney logo appears at lower right corner. Pillow Dimensions: 60cm x 40cm; Blanket Dimensions: 120cm x 150cm". Or, 24" x 16" and 47" x 59".
So it sounds different from SayHellos photo. But the "pillowet" sounds the same!
familygoboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #17
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Last year, we had the option of a "Media Bag" if we didn't want the backpack. Since I already have 2 backpacks, I chose the Media Bag. It may be what they're calling the Adult laptop bag this year. I was hoping it would be a bit smaller, for an iPad. I don't carry a laptop except for work, and I have a rolling case for that.

Anyways, here's pictures of the Media Bag. Let me know if you want more/different pictures or any other details.

Sayhello
That is not the bag I received last year, maybe yours was different because it was the dis trip or maybe they didn't have the one I recieved but the one you got is not the one I did.

The bag I recieved is exactly what another poster described as indicated on the form she got.
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #18
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

I contacted my TA last night, and if my box hasn't shipped yet (50 days to go!!!!!) then they are going to try to replace one of our backpacks with the media bag. If not, then no big deal.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #19
kjd469
Addicted to WDW

The media bag that Sayhello received last year is not the same as the one we received also. Ours was the chocolate brown laptop bag...we hated it, and will never use them. It is stiff and somewhat bulky - one didn't even come with a strap, but we knew we'd never use them, so didn't bother asking asking for a replacement. This year we've ordered a combination of backpacks and blankets, as it sounds like they are still using that horrible brown bag.
ABD Southwest Splendors July '09
ABD Sacred Valleys & Incan Cities Oct. '08
Inaugural Sailing of Disney Magic August '98
7 night Western Carib. Disney Magic October 2003
3 night Bahamas Disney Wonder March 2006
4 night Bahamas Disney Wonder March 2008
4 night DVC S.S. Member Cruise - Disney Wonder Sept. 2010
3 night Bahamas Disney Dream October 2011
7 night Eastern Carib. Disney Fantasy June 2012
www.whencanwego.blogspot.com
kjd469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #20
jlou
Mouseketeer

backpacks

Does anyone have a picture they could post of the backpacks?

My kids got backpacks for our 2008 adventure, while the adults got messenger bags. I didn't like the messenger bag very much, but the backpacks were cute, though small, for a child. They only had one shoulder strap instead of two.

I'm thinking that if the backpacks are decent sized, and nice enough, I might see if I can change our request to backpacks, since I could use one. I requested the travel pillow, but don't really need another blanket (even though they do look very nice!)

thanks!

Me , Hubby , DS (16 at time of our trip) , and DD (13 at time of our trip)
jlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #21
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd469 View Post
The media bag that Sayhello received last year is not the same as the one we received also. Ours was the chocolate brown laptop bag...we hated it, and will never use them. It is stiff and somewhat bulky - one didn't even come with a strap, but we knew we'd never use them, so didn't bother asking asking for a replacement. This year we've ordered a combination of backpacks and blankets, as it sounds like they are still using that horrible brown bag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
That is not the bag I received last year, maybe yours was different because it was the dis trip or maybe they didn't have the one I recieved but the one you got is not the one I did.

The bag I recieved is exactly what another poster described as indicated on the form she got.
Well, that's interesting kjd469 & Tozzie. I don't know if it was because it was a DIS trip, or maybe they ran out of the brown ones (we were at the end of the season).

Honestly, the backpacks are nice, but the other bags I've gotten from them are not anything I'd use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlou View Post
Does anyone have a picture they could post of the backpacks?

My kids got backpacks for our 2008 adventure, while the adults got messenger bags. I didn't like the messenger bag very much, but the backpacks were cute, though small, for a child. They only had one shoulder strap instead of two.

I'm thinking that if the backpacks are decent sized, and nice enough, I might see if I can change our request to backpacks, since I could use one. I requested the travel pillow, but don't really need another blanket (even though they do look very nice!)

thanks!
jlou, if no-one has posted pictures by the time I get home, I will. (Of course, mine will be from 2010, so I'm not sure if they'll look the same...)

Tobi

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

Last edited by sayhello; 04-30-2012 at 11:21 AM.
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #22
jlou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
jlou, if no-one has posted pictures by the time I get home, I will. (Of course, mine will be from 2010, so I'm not sure if they'll look the same...)
Thanks!

Old 04-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #23
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

It's not a great photo but here's the one we got last month for our trip to China last month. (It's saving my place on the curb at HK Disneyland ... and no, I didn't take a photo of my backpack sitting there ... I took a photo of my parents sitting on the curb. )

It's actually quite a roomy backpack with two side bottle holders (I used one for an umbrella) with 2 compartments. I used it on non-flight days.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #24
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
It's not a great photo but here's the one we got last month for our trip to China last month. (It's saving my place on the curb at HK Disneyland ... and no, I didn't take a photo of my backpack sitting there ... I took a photo of my parents sitting on the curb. )

It's actually quite a roomy backpack with two side bottle holders (I used one for an umbrella) with 2 compartments. I used it on non-flight days.
This is significantly nicer than what we got in 2007! Those had zippers that didn't work really well, and they big and black and bulky! This looks like a nice day pack! So this adult size?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #25
pxlbarrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
This is significantly nicer than what we got in 2007! Those had zippers that didn't work really well, and they big and black and bulky! This looks like a nice day pack! So this adult size?
Yes, this is the adult one. Some kids on the tour had the child sling bag. I loved the colours of the kids bags but they were kid size.

The adult bag has a tiny hidden compartment at the bottom. When you unzip it, there's a rain cover for the bag. You should check it out before you go on your trip. In our group, one person's rain cover was kind of defective (it was stitched in on two sides rather than just one.)

I think it's a very nice light bag. I actually took the insert of my Kata photo rucksack (that I use to carry all my gear onto the plane) and stuck it in this bag for the day trips. The only time I didn't use it was when we had to fly. It flattens very well to fit in your checked luggage.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
Old 04-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #26
pxlbarrel

Here's a photo that gives you some perspective in terms of the size on your back.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #27
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
Here's a photo that gives you some perspective in terms of the size on your back.

Thanks for posting all this info! It's really changed my perspective. We were thinking pillowets, but these bags might be perfect for all the little things you need each day on the bus. The bag I pack for the plane is much bigger and really, I'll need it to keep stuff in it that doesn't need to go each day on the bus. DH had his camera bag, but for the girls and I, we might just go for the new back pack...I'm hoping it's still this same one! Maybe this is just for China since its so crowded there? How was that trip?...I'm so,very tempted to take it
Old 04-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #28
carpenta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFan10 View Post
When we received our Booking Information documents to sign and return, one of the documents was the Travel Gift selection form, which we have to return no later than 90 days prior to travel.

The Adult Tote is described as "A chocolate brown, padded messenger bag that can be used to hold a lap-top, iPod, camera, and more! Dimensions: 41cm x 13cm x 30 cm". Or, 16" x 5" x 12".

We received that bag and it is a nice padded bag that fits a full size lap top computer. It is fully padded with a shoulder strap and two handles.Also a zipper compartment. It is inscripted with the logo. Really nice quality.
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #29
jlou
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting all the pics!

Old 05-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #30
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Just got photos of the current gifts from my TA

I cant post the photos from the pdf, but I can copy the descriptions...So...

-the adult back pack
This standard sized backpack has two shoulder straps and two zippered compartments.
Dimensions: 26cm x 17cm x 45cm
is the one pictured above on pxlbarrel's parents in China

-the adult tote
A Chocolate brown, padded messenger bag that can be used to hold a lap-top, iPod, camera, and more!
Dimensions: 41cm x 13cm x 30cm, looks just like the one Say Hello posted, but it is described as chocolate brown, rather than the black Say hello got.

-The JA pack JA Backpack
This small bag has two compartments and a beverage pocket. There is one, cross body strap.
Dimensions: 26cm x 11cm x 36cm, is a single strap sling as mentioned above, the photo is BW and no color is mentioned

- JA Electronics & Accessory Case
Designed to hold a portable gaming system such as a PSP or Nintendo DS and a few games, this bag can also be worn as a waist pack for cell phones, cameras, mp3 players and cords.
Dimensions: 22cm x 9cm x 10cm, looks like it would hold a small game or camera the photo is BW and no color is mentioned

-the pillow and blanket combo
A fleece throw that converts into a pillow. This is the perfect size to put in your bag/backpack for plane and bus rides. When blanket is unfolded Adventures by Disney logo appears at lower right corner.
Pillow Dimensions: 60cm x 40cm; Blanket Dimensions: 120cm x 150cm., is as pictures above too

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: