Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #121
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
First thing to do would be to sign up for the Emerald Club (for free) using the link at mousesavers.com (http://www.mousesavers.com/national.html) After you sign up, go to make a reservation. Using the above codes, you would put the KLM code (don't foreget to sign up for it!) 8572130 in the Contract ID space. Then put the coupon code NWEBCPN027 in the coupon ID box.

Using those codes, I got a rate of $232.50 for your times & dates. That is for a mid-sized car. That includes the unlimited miles, insurances, etc. In order to use the Emerald Aisle, you have to reserve a mid-size car. When you arrive at the airport you head directly to the Emerald Aisle to select whatever car you want It is so much easier than dealing with some other company where you have to go to the desk and go thru the whole process of them trying to sell you their coverages, re-fueling options etc.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask
So I can't reserve a Van per say? We have to have one
I'll have to register tonight and see what I can get it to come up at, I just wanted to make sure I"ll get a van though, we have 6 people in our group

If I book a midsize at 232.50, will it still be the same price when I get there, if I am bumping it up to the van?
Sorry to be a PITA
Old 07-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #122
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post
I'll have to register tonight and see what I can get it to come up at, I just wanted to make sure I"ll get a van though, we have 6 people in our group

If I book a midsize at 232.50, will it still be the same price when I get there, if I am bumping it up to the van?
Sorry to be a PITA
You aren't being a PITA

You can reserve any class of car but you can't use the Emerald Aisle unless you reserve a midsize vehicle.

I just checked your dates with codes posted earlier and a midsized SUV is $257 and an minivan is $335 with National. Keep in mind that those prices include all taxes and fees as well as full loss damage waiver and supplemental liability insurance.

Can I ask why you need a van? I think many people don't realize how much the trunk of a midsize or fullsize vehicle can really hold
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #123
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You aren't being a PITA

You can reserve any class of car but you can't use the Emerald Aisle unless you reserve a midsize vehicle.

I just checked your dates with codes posted earlier and a midsized SUV is $257 and an minivan is $335 with National. Keep in mind that those prices include all taxes and fees as well as full loss damage waiver and supplemental liability insurance.

Can I ask why you need a van? I think many people don't realize how much the trunk of a midsize or fullsize vehicle can really hold
I think the poster needs a van cause she has 6 people and almost all our cars only seat 5.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #124
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post

Sorry to be a PITA
If you book a midsize and are an Emerald Club member, you will be able to select off the Emerald Aisle. If you need a mini van, book it and it will be an Emerald Reserve reservation. You will pay what your reservation says.
If you book a midsize at that amount and get there and take a mini van, you will be charged the difference in price.
Read the program outline on the National page.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #125
HayGan

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
I think the poster needs a van cause she has 6 people and almost all our cars only seat 5.
Sorry - missed that part. They will definitely have to book a vehicle class capable of seating 6 then. (There are many people I see say they have to have a minivan when they only have 4 people. I never understand that!)
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
Old 07-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #126
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sorry - missed that part. They will definitely have to book a vehicle class capable of seating 6 then. (There are many people I see say they have to have a minivan when they only have 4 people. I never understand that!)
I dont get that either :P Who chooses a van when they have a choice
Old 07-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #127
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Ok just signed up for everything, finally got the 335 pricing. But I still have EZ rental at 249 - so I'll hold onto that one until I see someone else hopefully come down closer to that.
Thanks for the help all.
How often should I be checking car prices?
Old 07-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #128
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Just got lucky and somehow came across a link for 10% off with Enterprise, for Costco members. Jut booked a minivan at 297.83 Good place to start at...

Last edited by poppypetal; 07-11-2012 at 10:21 PM.
poppypetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #129
Carina
DIS Veteran

Mid-size SUV is down again - just shaved another $21 off my rental
Carina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #130
yogi3323
Earning My Ears

We are picking up a minivan (6 of us) on 9/25 (MCO) and returning it on 9/29 to Port Canaveral. $185 including all taxes / fees (but no insurance). Enterprise Rent a Car
yogi3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #131
yogi3323
Earning My Ears

also, might I suggest Autoslash.com. You give them your reservation information and they search the car rental sites each day looking for a lower rate. Our minivan rate was initally $290 a month or so ago, and now we are at $185.

You can book via their website, or book elsewhere. I think they will rebook you automatically if you book the initial reservation through them, but you have to adjust your booking if you didn't.
yogi3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #132
HayGan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi3323 View Post
also, might I suggest Autoslash.com. You give them your reservation information and they search the car rental sites each day looking for a lower rate. Our minivan rate was initally $290 a month or so ago, and now we are at $185.

You can book via their website, or book elsewhere. I think they will rebook you automatically if you book the initial reservation through them, but you have to adjust your booking if you didn't.
They have 2 companies Payless and SIXT at MCO. I guess it would be fine if you only want those companies but that's not a really good tool if you ask me.
Next up:
Old 07-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #133
lilasmom
DIS Veteran

4 day coupon ?

Hi, does anyone have a coupon I can use on a 4 day rental ? I will be renting from MCO. I am looking for either Budget, Alamo and National.

Thanks!

lilasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #134
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilasmom View Post
Hi, does anyone have a coupon I can use on a 4 day rental ? I will be renting from MCO. I am looking for either Budget, Alamo and National.

Thanks!
If you can't find one searching here, it's easy to google for an upgrade coupon, often double upgrades can be found

if renting over a weekend look for that category

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #135
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

I have a link for 10% off for Costco members at Enterprise, if you want that? I can post tonight if you do. - but its for Minivans, or Suv's

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: