Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #106
pumba21
Mouseketeer

I just rebooked my ressie with Alamo for Sept for $126 down from $164
Old 07-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #107
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

I do not get how everyone else is getting good deals on cars from Alamo. The minivan has barely moved. It is still at 639.00 for the days I need.
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #108
edillen3953
Earning My Ears

If you have a Visa card go to Visa rewards and it will direct you to Alamo. I just got a full size car for a week in Sept at Orlando Int. for 135 taxes and all.
edillen3953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #109
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post
I do not get how everyone else is getting good deals on cars from Alamo. The minivan has barely moved. It is still at 639.00 for the days I need.
Mini vans ARE still really high everywhere.. I got one using Costco codes thru Enterprise for Sept 7-15 for about $270 a few weeks ago. Give us your dates and times and let us see if we can help

keliblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #110
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have you tried National for your dates? I get ~$290 for the last week of September using the KLM code (free to join) 8572130 and the web coupon NWEBCPN027. This is a generic "we're sorry for our site being down" e coupon that anyone should be able to use. There are probably better coupons out there to use too...this one is $20 off. The rate includes Loss Damage Waiver and Insurance.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #111
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Yeah I have a booked with EZ rental, $249, but not sure if they are good?

We arrive Sept 17 at 10:30am, so guessing 11am for pickup
We leave Sept 24th @2, so drop off at noon?

We need unlimited mileage as we are going to Clearwater for a few days.

Thanks for helping.
I do have Visa, but not sure if I can use the reward thing as I'm from Canada? Costco US offered a good rate, but again I'm from Canada so couldn't sign up lol.

Unless I'm doing lots wrong since I've never rented a car before
Old 07-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #112
mek17
WDW '88, '02, '03, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14 | DLP '99 | DL '04, '10, '14

Quote:
Not sure what your dates are, or how long your rental is, but I found that the rate drops significantly if you rent for two weeks instead of one. I'm looking for a two week rental in September, and my total all-in price is $488 for a minivan with Alamo using the Costco code and AA $35 off coupon. A one week rental for the second week only is over $600 with these same codes/coupons.

I'm not sure what the policy would be on reserving for two weeks and then returning a week early, but you might look into that and see if it makes sense.
mek17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #113
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for helping.
I do have Visa, but not sure if I can use the reward thing as I'm from Canada? Costco US offered a good rate, but again I'm from Canada so couldn't sign up lol.

If you do an 11 am pickup and a noon drop off, most companies will charge you for an extra day. I ran your dates with 11 am pick up and drop off with the National codes I listed above and got $290. I think you should be able to use those as a Canadian.

I have no experience with EZ, as I tend to only book the larger companies.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #114
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

I am doing something way wrong, when I put those codes in I'm getting 759?
Where exactly does each code go, probably putting them in the wrong spaces

I dont want to drop it off at 11, dont want to sit at airport for 3 hours. If we drop it off later then the reservation, we'll still be charged a day?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #115
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

Could you plug in these dates for Alamo?

I'm getting the same rates across the board for all rental codes...even after clearing cookies. I currently have 188 total for a standard from 9/7 at 9pm, till 9/18 at 6pm, for a standard. This is with the Costco code and BJs coupon. Many of the coupons are now gone, and the price has been the same since last week. Amount before discounts is showing 176 for everyone. Anyone able to get lower? Thanks!!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #116
keliblue

Quote:
I am doing something way wrong, when I put those codes in I'm getting 759?
Where exactly does each code go, probably putting them in the wrong spaces

I dont want to drop it off at 11, dont want to sit at airport for 3 hours. If we drop it off later then the reservation, we'll still be charged a day?

a 7 day rental (weekly rate) is still usually cheaper then a 6 day so you should be okay with a noon drop off...

Old 07-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #117
Bending Branch
Pass the beer
It only hurts the first time

Got a Standard 4 door from Alamo, 9/29 to 10/6 for $126. Used Contract ID 7014136 and Coupon Code AD2359FDF. That was $77 less than National using the KLM and a $30 BJ's coupon.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #118
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:

Thanks for helping.

First thing to do would be to sign up for the Emerald Club (for free) using the link at mousesavers.com (http://www.mousesavers.com/national.html) After you sign up, go to make a reservation. Using the above codes, you would put the KLM code (don't foreget to sign up for it!) 8572130 in the Contract ID space. Then put the coupon code NWEBCPN027 in the coupon ID box.

Using those codes, I got a rate of $232.50 for your times & dates. That is for a mid-sized car. That includes the unlimited miles, insurances, etc. In order to use the Emerald Aisle, you have to reserve a mid-size car. When you arrive at the airport you head directly to the Emerald Aisle to select whatever car you want It is so much easier than dealing with some other company where you have to go to the desk and go thru the whole process of them trying to sell you their coverages, re-fueling options etc.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #119
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliblue View Post
a 7 day rental (weekly rate) is still usually cheaper then a 6 day so you should be okay with a noon drop off...
At least with National/Alamo, if you pick up Monday at 11:05 am the car must be back at 11:05 am the next Monday to get the weekly rate. I believe there is a 29 minute grace period, after that they will start charging you an hourly rate. I can't find the exact cost, but I believe it is either 1/2 or 1/3 the daily rate per hour until you get to the daily rate.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #120
keliblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiegrl View Post
At least with National/Alamo, if you pick up Monday at 11:05 am the car must be back at 11:05 am the next Monday to get the weekly rate. I believe there is a 29 minute grace period, after that they will start charging you an hourly rate. I can't find the exact cost, but I believe it is either 1/2 or 1/3 the daily rate per hour until you get to the daily rate.

you are correct, she would be charged one week and one hour for that extra time.. my bad.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: