Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #616
mattiew
Earning My Ears

Just booked with Dollar for Sept 19-25, Lock Low & Go (compact or larger) for $111 (all taxes and fees). Use code 76892 for 10% off, Discover also has 5% cashback.
mattiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #617
julirina
Close your mouth, Michael. We are not a codfish.

ALAMO-specific question:

Does anyone know if I can transfer a reservation from one Alamo Insiders member to another? I got a good rate for my inlaws several weeks ago and reserved it under our Insiders number. Now I have their driver info and signed them up for their own Insiders account, but when I attempt to modify the information online, it will let me change the name but not the Insiders acct number. I will call tomorrow or Monday to see if they can do it over the phone; just wondered if anyone had any experience with this? I do hope we're not stuck with a higher rate because it can't be transferred.

julirina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #618
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julirina View Post
ALAMO-specific question:

Does anyone know if I can transfer a reservation from one Alamo Insiders member to another? I got a good rate for my inlaws several weeks ago and reserved it under our Insiders number. Now I have their driver info and signed them up for their own Insiders account, but when I attempt to modify the information online, it will let me change the name but not the Insiders acct number. I will call tomorrow or Monday to see if they can do it over the phone; just wondered if anyone had any experience with this? I do hope we're not stuck with a higher rate because it can't be transferred.
You cannot change the name online. Just tried and it will change the first name, but, not the last. Have you tried making a new reservation? Might be less expensive. You never know. They are open 24/7/365 on the reservation line, so, you can call anytime. Let us know how it works out for you.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #619
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanenRox View Post
OK, gross to the ant part, but seriously....Mini vans in the full size aisle?
We have rented from Alamo for the last 5 years (2-3 trips per year). I always rent a midsize or standard. Only twice have we not gotten a minivan or SUV. One time we really only wanted a car (just 3 of us with minimal luggage) and the other time only fullsize were in the fullsize row. So it happens more than you think!

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #620
isixpacku
Earning My Ears

I have reservations with both Alamo and National for roughly the same price ($190) for a full size car for 8 days. Which company would you pick?

We also will be traveling with a 1 and 3 year old. We don't need a minivan but definitely would pick one if it was on the full size row. Do you think one of these companies would be more likely to have a minivan on the full size row? We arrive into MCO on tuesday 9/25 at 8:30 am. Thanks for any input!
isixpacku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #621
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isixpacku View Post
I have reservations with both Alamo and National for roughly the same price ($190) for a full size car for 8 days. Which company would you pick?

We also will be traveling with a 1 and 3 year old. We don't need a minivan but definitely would pick one if it was on the full size row. Do you think one of these companies would be more likely to have a minivan on the full size row? We arrive into MCO on tuesday 9/25 at 8:30 am. Thanks for any input!
They are the same company (sister companies), they share cars and the likely hood of getting a mini van on the full size row is anyone's guess, very difficult to predict. Heck, I don't even know what is going to show up where on any given day and I am here 5 days a week.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #622
isixpacku
Earning My Ears

I forgot that they were sister companies. I figured there was no way to predict which company would be more likely to have a minivan but I hoped maybe someone could predict the future for me! ;-)

Hopefully someone's rates will drop more and my choice will be made for me!
isixpacku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #623
cel_disney
DIS Veteran

It kills me that the mini-van prices are still insanely high today for insiders (almost 800$ for our 8 night trip starting 9/24) yet there are mini-vans showing up on the full-size row..

It seems to me that the rental companies must want it to be this way where they give free upgrades to mini-vans with shortages in other car types or else they would be lowering the price of the minivans to get them rented directly..

I am lucky that we have a reservation for 302$ already, because the current rates are absurd, but thats still a full 100$ more than my rental for the same days last year.
cel_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #624
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel_disney View Post
It kills me that the mini-van prices are still insanely high today for insiders (almost 800$ for our 8 night trip starting 9/24) yet there are mini-vans showing up on the full-size row..

It seems to me that the rental companies must want it to be this way where they give free upgrades to mini-vans with shortages in other car types or else they would be lowering the price of the minivans to get them rented directly..

I am lucky that we have a reservation for 302$ already, because the current rates are absurd, but thats still a full 100$ more than my rental for the same days last year.
You can get a minivan with Alamo or National for around $300 or slightly under depending which coupon you use. They have some good minivan last minute rates and coupon can be added.

National last minute code is 6600435 plus coupon ND9334SND $30 (unless you have a higher one)

Alamo last minute code is IG plus coupon AD2359FDF

These promotions don't pop up automatically, you have to use the above codes. My rate for Oct. 12th is still high, but hope I can get some of these last minute deals as my time gets closer. Good luck.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #625
Carrieannew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
You can get a minivan with Alamo or National for around $300 or slightly under depending which coupon you use. They have some good minivan last minute rates and coupon can be added.

National last minute code is 6600435 plus coupon ND9334SND $30 (unless you have a higher one)

Alamo last minute code is IG plus coupon AD2359FDF

These promotions don't pop up automatically, you have to use the above codes. My rate for Oct. 12th is still high, but hope I can get some of these last minute deals as my time gets closer. Good luck.
Thanks!

I was able to get mine down to $141 for pickup at the swan.

Does anyone know with an economy what my choices will be? Will I have the option of 4 door?
Dec 2005 - SSR, Dolphin & POP, Sept 2006 Asmo, Sept 2007 Asmo, Feb 2008 1st Solo Trip POP, May 2008 POP, June 2008 Asmo, Aug 2008 POP, Oct 2008 offsite, Dec 2008 POP, May 2009 POP Singles Take 2, Aug 2009 VWL & POP, May/June 2011 POFQ/ASmu, Oct 2011 POP, Dec 2011 SSR , Feb 12 Offsite, Sept/Oct 2012 AKV
Carrieannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #626
webworm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiew View Post
Just booked with Dollar for Sept 19-25, Lock Low & Go (compact or larger) for $111 (all taxes and fees). Use code 76892 for 10% off, Discover also has 5% cashback.
I don't know if you need the free additional driver but with Alamo using Costco ID 7014627 and E-Coupon AD2359FDF for $35 off the total is $133 for a compact or $140 midsize.
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #627
mattiew
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by webworm View Post
I don't know if you need the free additional driver but with Alamo using Costco ID 7014627 and E-Coupon AD2359FDF for $35 off the total is $133 for a compact or $140 midsize.
Not a Costco member, do you need to be one to use it? Free additional driver would be nice!
mattiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #628
julirina
Close your mouth, Michael. We are not a codfish.

Quote:
Does anyone know if I can transfer a reservation from one Alamo Insiders member to another?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
You cannot change the name online. Just tried and it will change the first name, but, not the last. Have you tried making a new reservation? Might be less expensive. You never know. They are open 24/7/365 on the reservation line, so, you can call anytime. Let us know how it works out for you.
A new reservation right now is MUCH more. The rates have just skyrocketed in the last few weeks. And the name change was not a big deal -- DH and his dad have the same last name -- but it kept automatically reverting back to DH's Insider number every time I tried to finalize it.

So I called today; nice rep, no problem transferring the reservation, and they'll honor the original rate. I hung up, plugged the new confirmation number into the online system and the rate is not the same (a difference of $140). Called back; a new rep fixed it so that I got the original rate. She emailed me a confirmation but it has no price/rate quote on it. And when I try to view the reservation online I get an error message saying "Unable to view reservation - modified rate attached." So now I have a reservation I can't view with a rate I can't verify, and I sincerely doubt I'll be able to use this at the kiosk if the online system doesn't recognize it. Everyone I've spoken with has been very nice and seemingly helpful, but I'm still not sure I'm getting the rate I had originally been quoted!

I'm going to keep trying to make a new reservation for my FIL between now and when we leave -- hopefully I can get a last-minute deal with something close to the original rate, and just let this complicated and troublesome reservation go.

julirina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #629
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel_disney View Post

It completely depends on what is available in the fleet. If you run out of midsize cars(for example) you put what you have an excess of in that particular area. No, we don't want it to be this way, why ever would you think we would want to give free upgrades and lose revenue? We want to keep people happy. If we run out of a certain class of car, we bump them up to the next available, often that is a double or triple bump.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #630
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A new reservation right now is MUCH more. The rates have just skyrocketed in the last few weeks. And the name change was not a big deal -- DH and his dad have the same last name -- but it kept automatically reverting back to DH's Insider number every time I tried to finalize it.

So I called today; nice rep, no problem transferring the reservation, and they'll honor the original rate. I hung up, plugged the new confirmation number into the online system and the rate is not the same (a difference of $140). Called back; a new rep fixed it so that I got the original rate. She emailed me a confirmation but it has no price/rate quote on it. And when I try to view the reservation online I get an error message saying "Unable to view reservation - modified rate attached." So now I have a reservation I can't view with a rate I can't verify, and I sincerely doubt I'll be able to use this at the kiosk if the online system doesn't recognize it. Everyone I've spoken with has been very nice and seemingly helpful, but I'm still not sure I'm getting the rate I had originally been quoted!

I'm going to keep trying to make a new reservation for my FIL between now and when we leave -- hopefully I can get a last-minute deal with something close to the original rate, and just let this complicated and troublesome reservation go.
I can understand your frustration. Call back again (I hate to say that)and insist on getting an email with the rate attached and mention you cannot access the reservation online. Better to solve any problem now than later.
Good luck.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: