Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #556
Robin Rocks
Earning My Ears

I just checked Enterprise again for me and it's gone up $4 since last night! I'm glad I'm reserved already and that they are price matching my local Hertz.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #557
Lilo&Stitch
Mouseketeer

I just posted this on the October thread but thought it might help you September travelers too !

Rates for my dates in late October are still high, but I have also been looking for my friends who are going the beginning of October, just got them a 7 day rental (Compact) at Dollar using KISS2 for a total (including taxes) of $154, this is the best i've found so far ! the larger vehicles were priced similarly !

This was even cheaper than the city special

Lilo&Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #558
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Thanks just tried it out, gave me 260 for Dollar.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #559
mykidsrock76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy0730

You are correct about there not being a standard size at MCO so you can pick from the full size.

What ID and/or coupons did you use to get that rate? I am getting $179 before taxes for 9/15-9/22 using my insider ID.
If you go back a couple pages you'll find a post by me asking about a certain coupon code around 8/30. I'm sorry but I cannot remember exactly what it was. Anyway, that's the code I used.

2001- All Star Music
Jan 2007- POP Century
Dec 2007- Cruise to Caribbean
Dec 2008- Another Cruise
Nov 2009- Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012- Polynesian (our first deluxe!!! )
Sep 2013- Wilderness Lodge

mykidsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #560
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsrock76 View Post
I was able to book a standard with Alamo 9/13-9/22 for $140.

Is that a good rate? It's the cheapest I've found so far. If anyone knows a way to get a better rate, please share with me. Because any $$$ saved is a great thing!!

Also, did I read correctly that there are no standards at MCO and that if I book a standard I actually get a full-size. There will be 2 adults and 2 children. The only luggage we will have is a carry-on each plus a couple smaller bags. We don't need anything too big and there's no reason to pay for more than we need.
They do not have a standard area at MCO for Alamo/National, however, they do have standard cars, they just mix them with the full size cars. If you book a standard size car, you will be directed to the full size area.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #561
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy0730 View Post
You are correct about there not being a standard size at MCO so you can pick from the full size.

What ID and/or coupons did you use to get that rate? I am getting $179 before taxes for 9/15-9/22 using my insider ID.
They do not have a standard area at MCO for Alamo/National, however, they do have standard cars, they just mix them with the full size cars. If you book a standard size car, you will be directed to the full size area.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #562
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
My company has a costco card.
you need your costco # to book? Yes please post link
Thanks
No you don't need it to book, but, you should have it in case you are asked for it. It does happen.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #563
nmrgrl55
Earning My Ears

I can't believe how much Alamo is right now and so glad I got a car booked a couple weeks ago. We have a economy MCO-Car Care Center 9/8-9/11 Insider code and BJs $20 coupon and it is a total of $45... Basically since then it is running $145 I was hoping it would come down a tad since we need 2 cars but not looking good. $145 just seems crazy high for 3 days so stoked I got it for $45

September 2012 All-Star Sports
September 2010 CSR
MNSSHP #1
DS7- Fell in love with Snow White!
nmrgrl55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #564
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
No you don't need it to book, but, you should have it in case you are asked for it. It does happen.

It seems like if you book thru the Costco website, Costco.com, they do ask for your ID #, and they have you sign up for a Costco Travel ID as well. I am a member, so I did this and got a great rate for Sept. (my Oct rental is still sort of high). I like using the Costco site, it compares many different travel companies at once.

Other people (members and non-members) sometimes find out the Costco codes, and use them on the actual company websites to get Costco quotes. Some say doing this yields lower price quotes sometimes. Clearly the Costco rates are meant for Costco members, and the rental companies could ask for your Costco ID. (but they rarely do).
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #565
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrgrl55 View Post
I can't believe how much Alamo is right now and so glad I got a car booked a couple weeks ago. We have a economy MCO-Car Care Center 9/8-9/11 Insider code and BJs $20 coupon and it is a total of $45... Basically since then it is running $145 I was hoping it would come down a tad since we need 2 cars but not looking good. $145 just seems crazy high for 3 days so stoked I got it for $45
You are rarely going to get a great deal 2 days before pick-up because it is typically business travelers who book last minute. They aren't as price sensitive as leisure travelers. If I were you I would be very pleased with an inclusive rate of $45 for 3 days
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #566
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
It seems like if you book thru the Costco website, Costco.com, they do ask for your ID #, and they have you sign up for a Costco Travel ID as well. I am a member, so I did this and got a great rate for Sept. (my Oct rental is still sort of high). I like using the Costco site, it compares many different travel companies at once.

Other people (members and non-members) sometimes find out the Costco codes, and use them on the actual company websites to get Costco quotes. Some say doing this yields lower price quotes sometimes. Clearly the Costco rates are meant for Costco members, and the rental companies could ask for your Costco ID. (but they rarely do).
You are absolutely correct. Yes, they are for members, however, anyone can access them and many people do just that and take the code and coupon codes to the company websites.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #567
nmrgrl55
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
You are rarely going to get a great deal 2 days before pick-up because it is typically business travelers who book last minute. They aren't as price sensitive as leisure travelers. If I were you I would be very pleased with an inclusive rate of $45 for 3 days
I am totally fine with the price we have but I always hear how a couple weeks before it drops and that hasn't been the case at all. I was just surprised on how high it was and stayed at that price without moving at all. $45 is fine for me

September 2012 All-Star Sports
September 2010 CSR
MNSSHP #1
DS7- Fell in love with Snow White!
nmrgrl55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #568
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrgrl55 View Post
I am totally fine with the price we have but I always hear how a couple weeks before it drops and that hasn't been the case at all. I was just surprised on how high it was and stayed at that price without moving at all. $45 is fine for me
actually that is how it usually works during slower times at MCO.. this year never did go down as much as it has in previous years (our 6th sept. trip) but I did manage to knock my full size with Alamo down to $114.05 total for a 9 day rental and that was 2 weeks before we leave. Never give up

keliblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #569
branat
Earning My Ears

What alamo code did you use to get your full size for that price? Thanks!
branat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #570
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by branat View Post
What alamo code did you use to get your full size for that price? Thanks!
Try the costco Id 7014627 and coupon ad2359fdf for Alamo. My rate is 254.00 for a full size for 15 nights. I think that is a pretty good rate.
padawans is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: