Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #511
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carina View Post
I am thinking though, even if you cross the street and see a Mini Van in the fullsize row, cross back across the street and book it... there is a good chance someone else would snag that van in the interim.

I would think having a family member stand by the van and do 'holdies' while you check in, really starts crossing the line into bad form.... but what do I know I have never even been to MCO
If you cross the street and see a mini van, which a lot of people do, just take the keys and lock it up. People do it all the time. Not saying it is ok, just saying what people do.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #512
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
GMEH ~ Alright, I'm gonna ask that a convertible *accidently* -wink-wink- gets put into the mid-size row, on September 5th.

Make it happen. Thanks.
You will never see a convertable on the mid size row. However, you might see one on the Emerald Aisle or Emerald Exec. Sadly, the 5th is a Wed. and I am off on Wed and Thurs. BUT, if you do hold an Emerald Club reservation, you can ask the greeter if it is possible to take a convertable.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #513
tww369
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
Just posting to say I got my Sept 22-29 rental down to $108 total with tax with Budget, compact car.

Booked thru Costco website (I am a member).

This is for a DisneyLAND trip, and the rental is from John Wayne Airport.
I've been considering a trip to CA (never been to DL yet), I will remember that thanks!!
Old 09-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #514
Belle599
DIS Veteran

National price has come down for September using the Emerald Club Contract ID.....also Alaska Airlines Contract ID is showing the same price.
::Aug 2005 CSR :: Aug 2005 AsMu :: Sep 2006 CSR :: Sep 2007 AsMu :: Apr 2008 (Royal Pacific Universal) :: May 2009 Contemporary & Windsor Hills :: May 2010 Windsor Hills :: Oct 2010 offsite & Beach Club Villas :: Dec 2010/Jan 2011 Sheraton Safari & Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: May 2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: Sep 2011 Old Key West & AsSp :: Dec 2011 Bluegreen The Fountains & Springhill Suites at Seaworld :: Feb 2012 Pop Century :: Jun 2012 Courtyard Marriott Village :: Sep 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village :: Dec 2012 AsMu :: Feb 2013 Encantada :: May 2013 Disneyland! :: June 2013 Hampton Inn South LBV :: Sep 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House & Saratoga Springs Resort :: Dec 2013 Pop Century & AsMu :: Feb 2014 Windsor Hills & AsSp :: Mar 2014 AsSp :: May 2014 Encantada :: ...and 2 times as a wee one ::
Belle599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:49 AM   #515
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle599 View Post
National price has come down for September using the Emerald Club Contract ID.....also Alaska Airlines Contract ID is showing the same price.
My reservation went from $305 to $221.... Thank you!!!!

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #516
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
If you cross the street and see a mini van, which a lot of people do, just take the keys and lock it up. People do it all the time. Not saying it is ok, just saying what people do.
I can't believe you are encouraging this behavior. It's one of the reasons you always have cars at National with "lost keys" written on them. The "Savers" found something they liked better and didn't bother to return the keys.

People do lots of things that should be discouranged LOL!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #517
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Whats the national code?
Old 09-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #518
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I can't believe you are encouraging this behavior. It's one of the reasons you always have cars at National with "lost keys" written on them. The "Savers" found something they liked better and didn't bother to return the keys.

People do lots of things that should be discouranged LOL!
I must have been having a weak moment.
We have lost keys because the drivers often forget to leave them in the cars for one reason and one of the other's because of what you just mentioned. I am not encourging this in the least, just retelling what a lot of people do. Lot's of people select their vehicle and then lock it up and go back and wait for their party, sometimes for hours. That really annoys a bunch of people and there is nothing I can do about it. It is first come first serve. It is highly unlikely that anyone will see a minivan on the full size row in Sept. or Oct.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #519
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post
Whats the national code?
It is the code for members of the Emerald Club. If you join, then you will get it and you cannot use it unless you are a member, so, that is why no one posts it.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #520
isixpacku
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal
Whats the national code?
Yes, I would like to know too!
isixpacku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #521
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isixpacku View Post
Yes, I would like to know too!
Join the Emerald Club, it is free.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #522
isixpacku
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1

Join the Emerald Club, it is free.
Okay. Thanks. I didn't realize this was the code people were referring to.
isixpacku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #523
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isixpacku View Post
Okay. Thanks. I didn't realize this was the code people were referring to.
I kind of figured that. Some how the Emerald Club got dropped from the original post mentioning the code.

Still I encourage you to join the Emerald Club. It has many nice benefits. They are covered on the National web site.

Also, you can find a lot of money saving codes and coupons codes on www.mousesavers.com
Old 09-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #524
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
I must have been having a weak moment.
We have lost keys because the drivers often forget to leave them in the cars for one reason and one of the other's because of what you just mentioned. I am not encourging this in the least, just retelling what a lot of people do. Lot's of people select their vehicle and then lock it up and go back and wait for their party, sometimes for hours. That really annoys a bunch of people and there is nothing I can do about it. It is first come first serve. It is highly unlikely that anyone will see a minivan on the full size row in Sept. or Oct.
I figure if the car got to the aisle... then the odds are you had a key recently.... Those are the ones I assume the 'Savers' have gone from A to B to see what they could find (or vice versa) and then decided "its too far to walk back to the first car we 'held', they must have extra keys"

Not sure why they would not realize that if they are holding TWO keys in their hands that might be ALL the keys???/

However, folks remember "reserve what you need" I fly into the two airports used by Disney fans a lot (Orlando in Florida and Orange County in California) Every so often I see a very upset family because there are only 'cars' on the various aisles. (And this is a bigger issue at Orange County because thier space is TINY!!!!!! they don't load lots of stuff on that aisle at any one time.)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #525
Belle599
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-P-C-O-T View Post
My reservation went from $305 to $221.... Thank you!!!!
So glad that this information helped you save......that is why I posted

Now you just have to figure out where you will spend the $80
::Aug 2005 CSR :: Aug 2005 AsMu :: Sep 2006 CSR :: Sep 2007 AsMu :: Apr 2008 (Royal Pacific Universal) :: May 2009 Contemporary & Windsor Hills :: May 2010 Windsor Hills :: Oct 2010 offsite & Beach Club Villas :: Dec 2010/Jan 2011 Sheraton Safari & Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: May 2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: Sep 2011 Old Key West & AsSp :: Dec 2011 Bluegreen The Fountains & Springhill Suites at Seaworld :: Feb 2012 Pop Century :: Jun 2012 Courtyard Marriott Village :: Sep 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village :: Dec 2012 AsMu :: Feb 2013 Encantada :: May 2013 Disneyland! :: June 2013 Hampton Inn South LBV :: Sep 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House & Saratoga Springs Resort :: Dec 2013 Pop Century & AsMu :: Feb 2014 Windsor Hills & AsSp :: Mar 2014 AsSp :: May 2014 Encantada :: ...and 2 times as a wee one ::
Belle599 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: