Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 08:22 PM   #496
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraney106 View Post
Maybe I am confused with Dollar.I just know it took 10 days to get the darn charge removed after I called a few times!
Possible, I have no idea how Dollar works and do wonder how they will work when Hertz takes them over.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #497
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Just posting to say I got my Sept 22-29 rental down to $108 total with tax with Budget, compact car.

Booked thru Costco website (I am a member).

This is for a DisneyLAND trip, and the rental is from John Wayne Airport.
PatMcDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #498
kandb
DIS Veteran

We have a mini-van rented from Dollar for 8 days, mid september, for $260 out the door. Look under city specials.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #499
mom-of-twins-2002
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb
We have a mini-van rented from Dollar for 8 days, mid september, for $260 out the door. Look under city specials.
Sounds like a great deal! Thanks for the tip. I'm going to look into this as we'll be needing a minivan the last week in September.
mom-of-twins-2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #500
mek17
WDW '88, '02, '03, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13 | DLP '99 | DL '04, '10

FYI Alamo has minivians for $269/week out of MCO for 9/8-15. Use contract ID "IG".
mek17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #501
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Got a compact by Dollar for $222 (fees included) for 14 days in end of September/beginning of October. Feel like I got a pretty good deal
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #502
mom-of-twins-2002
Mouseketeer

We were able to get a minivan from 9/22-9/30 thru city deals at Dollar for $266.80 (including taxes/fees) thanks to this thread. Thanks!! So excited!

Anyone know if there's a fee to park at Disney resorts if you're a guest (we're staying at the poly)?

Also, we're taking a cruise after our WDW trip. Any idea what the cost is to park at port canaveral's parking garage?

Still trying to figure this all out, but I'm guessing we'll be ahead in the game as there are 6 of us (2ad, 4ch) traveling.

Last edited by mom-of-twins-2002; 09-01-2012 at 02:48 PM.
mom-of-twins-2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #503
candy0730
DIS Veteran

Last year I was able to get a standard car from Alamo for 8 days (9/17-9/24)for $102 out the door. I was able to use a $40 off weekly rental offer which helped alot.

(1) Week Rate ($97.39/week) $97.39
(1) Day Rate ($13.91/day) $13.91

Where are the great deals this year?

September 2009 - CSR
September 2010 - CSR/CR
September 2011 - POR
March 2012 - Disneyland - Hojos
September 2012 - AoA
July 2013 - braving summer crowds at DL- FFI
candy0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #504
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
NO, GMEH1 meant there is no standard size car section at MCO. So, anyone booking a standard goes to the full size section to select their vehicle.
Is there a way to know if there is a van on the full size row? Yes, walk across the street to the garage and take a peek, then go back in the terminal and check in at the kiosk.
No, there is no penalty for holding more than one reservation, is it considered bad form, by some: Yes.
Thank you, GMEH1! Your advice is awesome and is so much appreciated!

What emerald reserve area do minivans most frequently pop up in ?(Emerald/aisle midsize, full-size, mid-size SUV, or premium) I know you are only guaranteed what you reserve, but I was just curious.

Which do you think holds more luggage - a mid-size SUV or a full size car?

Is there any difference renting from National and Alamo? Are the cars at National newer or more upgraded versus Alamo?

Renting on a Sat at 9am - is there usually a good selection of cars?

Thanks!
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #505
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieuxmew View Post
Thank you, GMEH1! Your advice is awesome and is so much appreciated!

What emerald reserve area do minivans most frequently pop up in ?(Emerald/aisle midsize, full-size, mid-size SUV, or premium) I know you are only guaranteed what you reserve, but I was just curious.

Which do you think holds more luggage - a mid-size SUV or a full size car?

Is there any difference renting from National and Alamo? Are the cars at National newer or more upgraded versus Alamo?

Renting on a Sat at 9am - is there usually a good selection of cars?

Thanks!
You are most welcome.
If you rent a mini van via Emerald Reserve, you will find them in the mini van section. They sometimes pop up in the Emerald Aisle or Exec. aisle. I think you are a little confused about an Emerald Club Reservation and an Emerald Reserve reservation. Emerald Club reservation (either Aisle or Executive) is where you book a mid size, go to the respective aisle (either Emerald Aisle or the Executive Aisle) and select the car. Emerald reserve is when you book a specific class of car and go to the respective area for that car. Did I make sense here?
I prefer a nice full size car over a SUV anyday. But, the size of your luggage and the amount of luggage pretty much dictates what vehicle will hold more.
I have not been impressed with the luggage room in a mid size SUV.
Nope the cars are the same with National/Alamo or Enterprise, we share them. The only thing is that the cars on Emerald aisle and Exec. will have less than 20K miles, 99.9999999% of the time. The "choice" rows may or may not have vehicles with higher mileage. Depends on the time of day, season and what is available.
It would be impossible for me to predict what will be where at any given time, I wish I could be more help on that.
Let me know if I can help further.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #506
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

GMEH ~ Alright, I'm gonna ask that a convertible *accidently* -wink-wink- gets put into the mid-size row, on September 5th.

Make it happen. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #507
bcvprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
GMEH ~ Alright, I'm gonna ask that a convertible *accidently* -wink-wink- gets put into the mid-size row, on September 5th.

Make it happen. Thanks.
I wish! I would love for one to magically appear on Sept 8 around noon. I wanted to rent one for our anniversary trip since we are leaving the kids home but the convertibles are crazy expensive compared to the full size car we have a reservation for. I keep checking the price every day and it keeps going up. I remember when we were able to get a convertible for just a few dollars more for the week.
bcvprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #508
Carina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
NO, GMEH1 meant there is no standard size car section at MCO. So, anyone booking a standard goes to the full size section to select their vehicle.
Is there a way to know if there is a van on the full size row? Yes, walk across the street to the garage and take a peek, then go back in the terminal and check in at the kiosk.
No, there is no penalty for holding more than one reservation, is it considered bad form, by some: Yes.

I am thinking though, even if you cross the street and see a Mini Van in the fullsize row, cross back across the street and book it... there is a good chance someone else would snag that van in the interim.

I would think having a family member stand by the van and do 'holdies' while you check in, really starts crossing the line into bad form.... but what do I know I have never even been to MCO
Carina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #509
rockingrollercoaster
Mouseketeer

Great rate

9/5-9/17 13 days 9am p/u. 5pm drop off. $175 out the door, free addtl driver, Full size car.

Alamo
rockingrollercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #510
isixpacku
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingrollercoaster View Post
9/5-9/17 13 days 9am p/u. 5pm drop off. $175 out the door, free addtl driver, Full size car.

Alamo
Wow, that is a great rate! What code did you use?
isixpacku is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: