Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
mrsmoore
Mouseketeer

Trip Report: Celebrating our Princesses 8th Birthday!

I love trip reports! I love to read them and I love to write them! We are getting VERY close to our trip, so I figured I would start a trip report.

We made our reservations back in March and have been making payments since then. We decided to take DD for her birthday! At first we were going to surprise her once we arrive and we had planned to drive. Well, plans changed! First, I had miles and we figured out a way to fly and second, I am not good at secrets! We wanted her help with some planning, so we told her.

To tell her we got her a Disney Gift Card and told her maybe she could get something at the Disney Store at the mall. She was thankful, but I think she thought I was off my rocker! Then, I suggested she get Ears at the Disney Store. I asked if they sold those there. She said no, and I asked where they sell them and she quietly asked "Disneyland??". And we told her yes, we were taking her for her birthday. Was was giggling and almost crying with excitement. Mistake, did it at bedtime! Needless to say, it took forever to get her to bed that night!!

Our party, three of us! Me, 35 and in love with Disney! I grew up going there a lot as a child and just love it. DH, 38, not totally in love with Disney, but enjoys it. DD has him wrapped around her little finger! DD, 8 on 7/17!! She is full of energy! This is her third trip to Disneyland!

The trip, we fly on July 16, hit the parks July 17, 18 and 19; take a break on the 20th to see family, hit the parks on the 21 and fly home on the 22!

I will continue to post some of our plans over the next couple of weeks before we depart!

February 15-19, 2009 - Disneyland, DoubleTree Suites
June 12-17 2010 - Disneyland, Annabella Hotel TRIP REPORT
July 16-22 2013 - Disneyland, Annabella Hotel TRIP REPORT

Last edited by mrsmoore; 07-25-2013 at 06:55 PM.
mrsmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
DisneyMarvelStarWars
Mouseketeer

Awesome! And how great that she shares her birthday with Disneyland!

Walt Disney Family Museum Member
DisneyMarvelStarWars is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Hi From Mukilteo

I'm a huge fan too. My husband is tolerant. My 10 year old and I have annual passes for the 3rd time. Probably the last time for a while, but who knows. We will be there when you are. Just look for a Mom and her 10 year old son, rockin the single rider line, eating lots of mickey bars, weaving and dodging through the crowds, having a fantastic time. That will be us
Old 07-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
mrsmoore
Mouseketeer

Some of our Plans

Okay, I am back! Figured I would take my lunch break to update a bit!

Travel
Originally we were going to drive to Disneyland, but with miles and an unexpected BUMP on a previous trip, we are flying with no cash out of pocket! YIPPEE!! But, this means we have to fly at horrible times.

We leave on July 16 at 6:05 a.m. from Seattle and arrive at LAX at 8:40 a.m. We are using the Disney Express, but since it leaves LAX at 9am, we are not checking any bags so we can get to the bus and not have to wait an entire hour for the next one. We fly home on Monday July 22 leaving LAX at 5:10 p.m. We are not hitting the parks on either travel day.

We are staying at the Anabella Hotel! This is our second time staying there. We love their Junior Suite. DD has her own little room with a daybed, it is perfect for our family of three!

Old 07-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
mrsmoore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
I'm a huge fan too. My husband is tolerant. My 10 year old and I have annual passes for the 3rd time. Probably the last time for a while, but who knows. We will be there when you are. Just look for a Mom and her 10 year old son, rockin the single rider line, eating lots of mickey bars, weaving and dodging through the crowds, having a fantastic time. That will be us
Hi!!! Oh, I wish we could go down there often enough to have annual passes! If DD was just a bit older we would do the Single Rider probably, but I want her with one of us. Last trip DH and I did Single Rider a lot on rides she did not want to ride. Are you there the same week?

Old 07-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
danacath
I think DH was starting to question their sanity
I feel like I must be forgetting something!

We'll be there the same week! DD (14) and I will be sporting our lime green Mickey tags on July 18, 19 and 20. Just watch for the Mom and daughter Disney geeks wearing rain ponchos on GRR.
Sept. 2004 - DLR
Feb. 2006 - ASM/BWV; June 2006 - DLR
Jan. 2007- POP (Goofy's Marathon!); July 2007 - AS
Jan. 2008 - BCV; June 2010 - DLR; Dec. 2010 - BWV
July 2013 - DLR; Sept. 2013 - CSR
danacath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
stacy~**
DIS Veteran

We will be there your same dates ( although we are spending four days in LA first! ).

I wrote a small PTR check it out so then if you see us you can say Hi!

I hope your DD's bday is magical. My oldest turned 17 last year at WDW. I guess I owe the younger one a bday trip some year soon!
DISNEYLAND-Paradise Pier July 2013*BWI June 2012
ASMo March 2012-one day only*WL July 2010
POFQ Jan 2009*DISNEYLAND-Hojo Aug 2007
POFQ March 2007*CSR Aug 2006

Currently planning: Feb. 2015 and June 2015
"We're not gonna make it, we're not gonna make it!"-August 2014-TR
PTR: Have you ever planned a trip in 39 days on a total impulse? Same!~Aug 2014

3 days in LA, 6 days in Disneyland and 1 Amazing Cast Member Photo bomb

I am on twitter: http://twitter.com/stacyleigh9
stacy~** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
mrsmoore
Mouseketeer

Ooops!!

Well, this mom screwed up. Apparently we come home Tuesday July 23, instead of Monday July 22. No, this was not supposed to be that way. I discovered this yesterday. So, with some Hilton points, we are staying at the Embassy Suites LA Int'l/South on Monday night. We will take the Disney Express back to LAX on Monday afternoon at some point, since we already paid for it. Then the hotel has an airport shuttle we will come to come get us. We might check out Manhattan Beach Tuesday morning before our flight. I guess this way we get two relaxing days at the end of the trip.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #9
mrsmoore
Mouseketeer

Schedule

Here is our plan of attack at this point:

Tues, July 16 - Arrival day. Get to Anabella, hang out at pool. Hit Morton's Steakhouse for early birthday dinner. I got a $50 gift card with credit card points. Get to bed early!

Wed, July 17 - Happy 8th Birthday to my princess! 7am Surf's Up, get to DL shortly after opening. Get Photopass + (pre-ordered and got last week in mail!). Hit what rides we can. We are not total planners. Will likely grab a couple of FP in the morning, we'll see how it goes. I like to just be leisurely our first day and take it all in. 1pm - Lunch at Carnation Cafe. 2:30, I hear this is when they do a special thing for Disneyland's birthday. Head to hotel after that for swimming and hopefully nap! Head back towards park around dinner and stop at Whitewater snacks for dinner. Head back to DL, try to see fireworks and go from there based on how we are feeling.

Thurs, July 18 - MM at DL. Hit Nemo first thing. This is a ride we missed last time we were there. Then Matterhorn and probably aim to be at Tinkerbell when it opens. Possibly head to DCA about 8:30 to get RSR Fastpass, then stay in DCA a bit or head back to DL. Head to hotel after lunch. Likely return to DCA for evening until closing. Hope to check out Mad T Party.

Fri, July 19 - Head to DCA and straight to RSR. Ride if can, or get FP. We have 9:50 at Ariel's. Hang in DCA for most of morning. Head to hotel mid day for swim and rest. Head back to DL. Our goal is to close down DL at Midnight. We will see!!

Sat, July 20 - Day off. My cousin is in a show at a small theater in Anaheim opening this night. We are going to hang with her for the afternoon, maybe go see Monster's U, then go to her show that night.

Sun, July 21 - DH or I will head to Studio 365 early to get the Teen Beach Movie CD for the voucher for autographs later that day. Not sure which park we will start the day in yet, probably see what we have or haven't done by that point. Autographs of CDs are 1-3, so will be in DTD for chuck of time. Might take break after that. Head back to parks, probably try to close down again, we'll see how we feel. This is our last day in the parks.

Mon, July 22 - due to my screw up, this is a day off! We will take our time getting up in the morning. Check out of hotel. Maybe head to DTD for last min shopping, maybe lunch at one of the hotels, we'll see. At some point will catch Disney Express to LAX. From LAX we will take shuttle to Embassy Suites. Probably relax that evening in hotel.

Tues, July 23 - Possibly head to Manhattan Beach, will depend on shuttles, etc. Arrive to LAX by 3 pm for 5pm flight home.

Wow, what a week!

Old 07-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
Sisa
Mouseketeer

How exciting! I cannot wait to hear how your trip goes! I was happy to find another Washington resident too! My DH grew up in Lynnwood, his parents and my Grandma live in Lynnwood. We are there every week. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
Sisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #11
mrsmoore
Mouseketeer

Well, we made it home in one piece! We got home Tuesday night. I hope to start working on a trip report soon. We had a great time! Did new stuff and missed doing some old stuff, but we had a great time! I have to say, Disneyland is probably the best place to have a birthday!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: