Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #16
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheadley View Post
Okay, I just looked up what FE were. And boy, am I in. I would even think of organizing it if someone can point me in the right direction. It's our first Disney cruise.
I'm sure there are plenty of people on this board that would help you out in how to organize it. I would love to participate, but I'm just so swamped with awful stuff going on in my personal life, I can't take on another responsibility. I think it would be a fun diversion to come up with little gifts for people on the cruise though.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #17
mglvrgs75
Earning My Ears

Hello all, just joined the DIS boards and already have this trip booked. It will be for my wife and I's 5th year wedding anniversary. This is our first cruise and have been researching all the secret tips about the Disney Cruises.

So far, got the fish extender exchange, door decorations with magnets, character signatures with guest relations, and order Mickey bars with room service.

Any other tips??
mglvrgs75 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #18
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglvrgs75 View Post
Hello all, just joined the DIS boards and already have this trip booked. It will be for my wife and I's 5th year wedding anniversary. This is our first cruise and have been researching all the secret tips about the Disney Cruises.

So far, got the fish extender exchange, door decorations with magnets, character signatures with guest relations, and order Mickey bars with room service.

Any other tips??
Welcome! We're practically neighbors! Are you planning on dining at Palo? I've got a brunch and a dinner reservation set up. I'm thinking about when to do spa treatments, and have you figured out if you will be booking excursions in Cabo and PV?

I'm hoping someone here volunteers to head up the FEE for our cruise it sounds like fun! Not sure how many folks we have on board so far....
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 08-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
sheadley
Mouseketeer

Since this is our first Disney cruise, I can't book Palo and other things till Sept 11 (75 day marker). Grrrrrrr.

What other DISNEY cruises have you been on? Have you been on the Wonder?
sheadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #20
mglvrgs75
Earning My Ears

@franandaj like @sheadley. I can't book anything until 09/11, but I do plan to dine at Palo. As far as Cabo and PV excursions, my planning could be limited as my wife is currently in a wheelchair and has difficulty with mobility on her own. She's going through rehabilitation therapy she's improving everyday so as hopefully our activities are not so limited.

As far the FE exchange, we do plan to participate. Still trying to decide whether to limit it to groups within this cruise forum, or just my deck or random fish extenders.

I think it would be easier for those in this forum that want to participate to just list the number of adults and kids and their stateroom.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #21
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheadley View Post
Since this is our first Disney cruise, I can't book Palo and other things till Sept 11 (75 day marker). Grrrrrrr.

What other DISNEY cruises have you been on? Have you been on the Wonder?
We have been on one Disney Cruise before, it was on the Wonder in 2001. We actually bought our way to the early booking window. Since it has been so long since we were on a cruise we splurged and went for Concierge Level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglvrgs75 View Post
@franandaj like @sheadley. I can't book anything until 09/11, but I do plan to dine at Palo. As far as Cabo and PV excursions, my planning could be limited as my wife is currently in a wheelchair and has difficulty with mobility on her own. She's going through rehabilitation therapy she's improving everyday so as hopefully our activities are not so limited.

As far the FE exchange, we do plan to participate. Still trying to decide whether to limit it to groups within this cruise forum, or just my deck or random fish extenders.

I think it would be easier for those in this forum that want to participate to just list the number of adults and kids and their stateroom.
I completely understand where you are coming from. My DP suffers from RA and I finally convinced her that we "need to start living and stop waiting to get better". That is why we are finally going on a cruise again. She uses a scooter to get around, not sure how much she will use it on the ship or if she will walk since distances might not be so bad on the ship, but in PV if we go off the ship, she will need it to go that far.

Are you saying that you would like to take over the FEE? If you limit it to only your deck level, I probably can't participate because I think so far I'm the only one staying on CL so far that has admitted so. Also I think we only have a handful of people on our cruise on this thread and there are quite a few decks.

Another thing I've read on TRs is that people often meet on the first day in one of the lounges or coffee houses, we should organize something like that for anyone who wants to do it. I should check with the experts.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #22
sheadley
Mouseketeer

Well, it's easy enough to keep a running list of rooms with names/ages attached. I can do that if we want. I'm a newbie though and this will be my first Disney cruise. Are there other things to keep track of? I see ppl set up a meeting place on the first day to meet?

Anyway, if nobody else wants to step forward, I can take care of the FE lists.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #23
sheadley
Mouseketeer

Everyone just has to promise to make it down to our deck. We are in the bowels.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #24
mglvrgs75
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Are you saying that you would like to take over the FEE? If you limit it to only your deck level, I probably can't participate because I think so far I'm the only one staying on CL so far that has admitted so. Also I think we only have a handful of people on our cruise on this thread and there are quite a few decks.

Another thing I've read on TRs is that people often meet on the first day in one of the lounges or coffee houses, we should organize something like that for anyone who wants to do it. I should check with the experts.
I don't think I could organize it as I am a newbie, but I will assist as much as possible and all suggestions are welcome. And by no means should anyone feel obligated to participate in certain parts of it. Everyone's schedules and budgets will differ.

I read on a previous Mexican Reviera thread where people were listing their staterooms, how many adults, and how many kids and their gender. This gave other exchangers an idea of what type of gifts to include, especially those with kids. I have a stateroom number but may upgrade to a different room.

A pre boarding meet up may be possible if the group is small. If it gets bigger, then it could be difficult as people's terminal arrivals, check ins will differ. I would like to explore the ship as soon I am able to board.

I was planning to keep myself anonymous til the end of the cruise. Then, give out a picture postcard or a small homemade scrapbook with pictures of my wife and I. I personally like the idea of being surprised with gifts from people I've never met. I only planned to place a sticker with my stateroom on the gifts we pass out.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #25
mglvrgs75
Earning My Ears

Also, yes there are few people on this thread, but we still have less than 3 months to go. Just look around within the forum and if you find someone going on this cruise, redirect them to this thread.

If the group for the FEE is small, then just prepare some extras to hand out. If it gets really big, then you can either just pass out it to random people within the group, or create smaller groups within.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:45 AM   #26
PurpleDaisy
Earning My Ears

Going on our very first Disney Cruise and we are so excited! My husband and I have three kids, 9, 6 and 2. We are major Disneyland fans and loved the one cruise we've been on together, but are ecstatic about our first Disney Cruise.

I was looking at Etsy.com to find some cute things to get for our cruise, and I couldn't figure out what all those fish extenders for sale were. I Googled "pocket fish extenders," which led me to a blog, which then led me to this site. So glad to find a place to get a bunch of information from! I'm a frequenter of a different Disney fan site, but they don't have much about the cruise line on there and so I'm very happy to have found this place!

We would love to participate in a fish extender exchange, too, by the way!

Last edited by PurpleDaisy; 08-16-2012 at 02:05 AM.
PurpleDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #27
sheadley
Mouseketeer

********************FE LIST MOVED TO LAST PAGE. PAGE 5 (as of now)**************************

Last edited by sheadley; 10-11-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #28
sheadley
Mouseketeer

And I guess I should tell a tad about my family too.

We just relocated from Michigan to Seattle. We have ZERO friends so far and won't be getting our furniture for 5 more days! We have been living in a hotel since June 30th! Ha! My husband has been in a hotel here since February. Lol. So, we CANNOT wait until we are in the house.

This trip came about because we had a bit of parent guilt moving the kids away from all family and friends that we had. Once we found out we were moving, we had to cancel a BIG spring break trip to Florida with our neighbors back in MI. kids were so disappointed. And now the majority of their summer has been without friends, family and a home, we really wanted to do something special for them. They have been such troopers and so strong through all of this, they deserve it. And quite frankly, we do too!

So a couple weeks ago, we talked, I booked and here we are. . We invited one set of our parents to go with us so it'll be super fun.

We've had 2 DISNEY cruises booked but have had to cancel for one reason or another. We tend to move a lot so it's hard to book out. So, this "last minute" one is so exciting.

I am a stay at home mom and my husband is a GENERAL MANAGER at the Seattle NAPA Distribution Center. So far we are LOVING Seattle.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #29
franandaj

We're in for the FEE!

There are just two of us, me (Alison) and Fran. We splurged and got one of the accessible staterooms on CL. I'll just say we're "older" and leave it at that! Fran was diagnosed with severe RA in 1998. She has been putting off cruising "until she gets better", however after an awful year with lots of medical issues (and two canceled trips to WDW), I convinced her that if we keep waiting we might never go. We have an October trip planned to WDW and I am hoping that she heals up enough so that we can actually take that trip.

We live very local to the Cruise Terminal, only about 20 minutes away, so this will be a very easy trip for us. I didn't want to let the Wonder slip out of our backyard without getting a voyage in.

Looking forward to getting to know the rest of our fellow cruisers!

Old 08-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #30
sheadley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj
We're in for the FEE!

There are just two of us, me (Alison) and Fran. We splurged and got one of the accessible staterooms on CL. I'll just say we're "older" and leave it at that! Fran was diagnosed with severe RA in 1998. She has been putting off cruising "until she gets better", however after an awful year with lots of medical issues (and two canceled trips to WDW), I convinced her that if we keep waiting we might never go. We have an October trip planned to WDW and I am hoping that she heals up enough so that we can actually take that trip.

We live very local to the Cruise Terminal, only about 20 minutes away, so this will be a very easy trip for us. I didn't want to let the Wonder slip out of our backyard without getting a voyage in.

Looking forward to getting to know the rest of our fellow cruisers!
Alison, yea for keep chugging forward! Love te attitude!

Question, what is CL?

Also, do you have a stateroom number yet? I'll add it above.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: