DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
princessaloha
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 270

Would it be ok to ask another dvc company about a listing?

Aloha . We found a contract we like and I have contacted, by phone and email, the listing company and representative to ask two questions and start the process. The representative said she would get back to me later that day with the answers to the two questions. I have not heard back from her for a couple of days. I sent another request by email but still have not heard back. Now three days.

Since this is our first experience with the DVC resale process I want to make sure I handle everything in a proper manner and not overstep myself in any way.

How long does it normally take for an agent to respond to an inquiry such as "has the current MF's been paid?". If the answer is "immediately", then what would be the proper thing for me to do? Taking in consideration that someone else may also like the same contract and might put in an offer before us at this rate.

And if I don't receive a response in a reasonable amount of time, would it be ok to contact another agent in another company to help me with this contract? FYI: when we requested email updates for listings only two companies made contact with us via email. This company was NOT one that personally contacted us. So I thought maybe if I didn't hear back from this company, I could speak to one of the agents (from the other companies) that originally made contact with me.

TIA for any suggestions.
princessaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
nalajms
DIS Veteran
 
nalajms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ct
Posts: 953

I know some people will wait a few days to hear back from an agent. I had one experience where the agent just never called me back, even after I left a few voice mails. I would just move on to another agent or another company. It's possible the holdup is the seller, but I feel that the agent should at least return a call or email to tell you they are still waiting to hear back from the seller.

As for the contract info, the agent at Fidelity mentioned that they keep update (within 30 days) summary reports on all contracts. I would think that includes dues. Not sure about the other companies.
nalajms is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
drusba

DIS Veteran
 
drusba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessaloha View Post
Aloha . We found a contract we like and I have contacted, by phone and email, the listing company and representative to ask two questions and start the process. The representative said she would get back to me later that day with the answers to the two questions. I have not heard back from her for a couple of days. I sent another request by email but still have not heard back. Now three days.

Since this is our first experience with the DVC resale process I want to make sure I handle everything in a proper manner and not overstep myself in any way.

How long does it normally take for an agent to respond to an inquiry such as "has the current MF's been paid?". If the answer is "immediately", then what would be the proper thing for me to do? Taking in consideration that someone else may also like the same contract and might put in an offer before us at this rate.

And if I don't receive a response in a reasonable amount of time, would it be ok to contact another agent in another company to help me with this contract? FYI: when we requested email updates for listings only two companies made contact with us via email. This company was NOT one that personally contacted us. So I thought maybe if I didn't hear back from this company, I could speak to one of the agents (from the other companies) that originally made contact with me.

TIA for any suggestions.
As to whether MFs have been paid, that is something a good agent should have learned when taking the listing and thus should have been able to answer immediately. Exception would be a listing that has been sitting for a long time without an offer in which case the agent may need to reverify that MFs are paid, particularly if owner pays them monthly. Even then it should never take "days."

You can talk to as many agents at different companies as you want, all in the same day or same hour if you want. What you cannot do is actually put bids on two contracts at the same time unless you are prepared to take both of them if accepted. In other words, if you have any displeasure with the agent at all walk away and go elsewhere.
__________________
Everything has to have a beginning and an end ... but it is not necessary to have a purpose in between.
drusba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
permavac
Have you seen this chicken?
 
permavac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 493

A good agent should have responded to you same day (or early the next day) - even if it's just to say they don't have the info for you yet. I have had great experiences with hearing back when trying to make an offer from 3 of the 4 brokers. Only one of them did not respond same day and after the second attempt to contact that person on a listing and again not hearing back that day or at least the next morning, I gave up and just decided not to use that agency.

You can definitely move on to someone else. Resale is all about timing and a realtor dragging their feet is not in the right business. Good luck and hope you get what you're looking for.

Terri
permavac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
permavac
Have you seen this chicken?
 
permavac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 493

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessaloha View Post
Aloha . ...And if I don't receive a response in a reasonable amount of time, would it be ok to contact another agent in another company to help me with this contract?...
I doubt an agent at a completely different company could help you with the contract listed at another company - unless they are both listing it. Either way, just check the other companies and see what properties meet your needs there. You are welcome to discuss anything they have on their websites and make offers on properties they represent. Hope that helps.

Terri
permavac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
princessaloha
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 270

Thank you nalajms and drusba. That's what I was thinking, "shouldn't they have that kind of information on hand"? Maybe it was an old listing and the agent needed to go back and look it up. Also: no worries drusba, I would never put an offer on more than one contract at a time...I'm too nervous working with this ONE. I'd be a basket case if had more than one at a time


Quote:
Originally Posted by permavac View Post
I doubt an agent at a completely different company could help you with the contract listed at another company - unless they are both listing it. Either way, just check the other companies and see what properties meet your needs there. You are welcome to discuss anything they have on their websites and make offers on properties they represent. Hope that helps.

Terri
I was afraid of that. Guess I will need to be more patient if I want this specific contract. Maybe I'll call again and see if I can speak with the agent. Can't imagine what will happen if and when I have to wait for rofr. I guess I'm not as patient as I thought Thank you permavac for both your responses.
princessaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
WebmasterDoc
Administrator
 
WebmasterDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1998
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 31,703
DISboards Administrator

Perhaps I don't understand what information you are looking for, but whether or not the dues are paid shouldn't affect the purchase since that would be handled at closing and will not affect your side of the transaction even if you have agreed to to pay the current year's fees.

If that is the only hang up I'd proceed with the purchase unless you are just unable to reach the agent to even make an offer. If that's the case I'd just move on with a different contract and different resale broker.

Good luck!
__________________
Doc
WebmasterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
princessaloha
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterDoc View Post
Perhaps I don't understand what information you are looking for, but whether or not the dues are paid shouldn't affect the purchase since that would be handled at closing and will not affect your side of the transaction even if you have agreed to to pay the current year's fees.
SNIP
Good luck!
We just wanted to know if the sellers were current on the MF (2nd question was about closing costs)(otherwise we would need to factor the mf's into our offer). The agent said she would get back to us that day with the answer to both those questions, three days later and 3 emails to her and we hadn't heard back. Was wondering if this was normal.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterDoc View Post
SNIP
If that is the only hang up I'd proceed with the purchase unless you are just unable to reach the agent to even make an offer. If that's the case I'd just move on with a different contract and different resale broker.

Good luck!
Yes, originally when I posted this I was unable to make further contact with the resale broker. However, after reading the responses here, I decided to call again (at first I didn't want to be a nuisance or overstep protocol) and finally got a hold of her.

Last edited by princessaloha; 04-26-2012 at 12:55 AM.
princessaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #9
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessaloha View Post
After some inquiry, she provided me with some interesting insight regarding Disney's current rorf that might affect our calculations for offers. Because of this and some other tidbits, we've decided to stick it out with this agent.
Anything you care to share?
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #10
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,766

Maybe the delay was caused because the broker went to Disney to verify the MF status?

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #11
LauraLea
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 892

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessaloha View Post
We just wanted to know if the sellers were current on the MF (2nd question was about closing costs)(otherwise we would need to factor the mf's into our offer).
Regardless if the MFs were paid or not, they still have to be addressed in the offer. Some sellers will expect to be reimbursed for the fees they have paid on points they have not used. Who pays current MFs has to be included in all offers being sent to Disney for ROFR.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #12
princessaloha
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
Regardless if the MFs were paid or not, they still have to be addressed in the offer. Some sellers will expect to be reimbursed for the fees they have paid on points they have not used. Who pays current MFs has to be included in all offers being sent to Disney for ROFR.

Laura
Sorry, not sure I understand what you are trying to tell me. I wanted to know all the information PRIOR to making an offer. If the seller was behind in MF's then that would have to be factored into the negotiations. I would prefer to know that as soon as possible.

For example just as I was on the phone making our offer to the agent I realized that by the time the process was going to be finished, the 2011 points would be past banking (if not already banked) so I asked her to confirm they were banked before we submitted the offer. We were counting on those banked points/main reason we chose this contract. For some reason the agent had to make a request to Disney direct. When the report came back we found out that although the seller had listed all the 2011 points as part of the sale, they actually are using them for a vacation next month, leaving us without any of the listed 2011 points. That was a game changer. Although we would have found out at some point, thank goodness I asked beforehand and not wasted any more time on this one.

JMHO.

ETA: spelling error
princessaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #13
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessaloha View Post
Sorry, not sure I understand what you are trying to tell me. I wanted to know all the information PRIOR to making an offer. If the seller was behind in MF's then that would have to be factored into the negotiations. I would prefer to know that as soon as possible.

For example just as I was on the phone making our offer to the agent I realized that by the time the process was going to be finished, the 2011 points would be past banking (if not already banked) so I asked her to confirm they were banked before we submitted the offer. We were counting on those banked points/main reason we chose this contract. For some reason the agent had to make a request to Disney direct. When the report came back we found out that although the seller had listed all the 2011 points as part of the sale, they actually are using them for a vacation next month, leaving us without any of the listed 2011 points. That was a game changer. Although we would have found out at some point, thank goodness I asked beforehand and not wasted any more time on this one.

JMHO.

ETA: spelling error
I see what you're asking. I have only dealt with Fidelity for my resales, but I can tell you that they perform all due diligence when brokering a sale. So information on things like existing reservations, maintenance fee payment, point availability, etc. is provided quite early in the process. I hope this answers your question.
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.