Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
cathcuc
Earning My Ears

Facebook Hidden Mickey Contests

Has anyone tried these? On Monday, Disney released two contests that are giving away vacations at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. You have to find the hidden mickeys located in photos found on official Disney Facebook pages. Each hidden mickey you collect gets you an entry into the contest for the respective park. There's more details here at the Disney blog http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...+Parks+Blog%29

I'm finding it really difficult! I found 6 or 7 for each on my own. I did manage to get help for the Disneyland contest (Google is a wonderful thing!) but no luck for Walt Disney World. The Twitter "help" from the Jungle Cruise animals totally baffles me. If anyone has any suggestions for that part, let me know.

Give the contests a try. Beware, they are addicting and you'll suddenly realize you lost three hours of your day!! Ugh!
Old 02-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathcuc View Post
Has anyone tried these? On Monday, Disney released two contests that are giving away vacations at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. You have to find the hidden mickeys located in photos found on official Disney Facebook pages. Each hidden mickey you collect gets you an entry into the contest for the respective park. There's more details here at the Disney blog http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...+Parks+Blog%29

I'm finding it really difficult! I found 6 or 7 for each on my own. I did manage to get help for the Disneyland contest (Google is a wonderful thing!) but no luck for Walt Disney World. The Twitter "help" from the Jungle Cruise animals totally baffles me. If anyone has any suggestions for that part, let me know.

Give the contests a try. Beware, they are addicting and you'll suddenly realize you lost three hours of your day!! Ugh!
I don't get it. So you look on their facebook pages after you register... how do you know if you found a hidden mickey or not? Or, I guess how does DISNEY know you found one??
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
cathcuc
Earning My Ears

There are golden mickey heads, usually in the corners of the photos, with either Walt Disney World or Disneyland printed underneath them. Once you've clicked on the mickey head a URL will appear in the picture's description that says you've found it and will take you to another page that tells you how many mickey's you have found. To make it more difficult, the ones found in the photos are usually not visible in the thumbnail view, only if you open the whole album. Or maybe my eyes are just getting bad!

SPOILER ALERT!!! Highlight to see!

Look on the Sharing the Magic page photos to find one on the Disneyland and Walt Disney World sites. That will get you started!
Old 02-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
SwiperFox
Mouseketeer

I have 8 in the WDW one and 7 in the DLR one.... and I'm now stuck, stumped, etc.

Grrr!

------------
Nevermind! Found them all! While frustrating, it was a fun contest... I hope I win!

1980 - Contemporary * 1986 - Lake Buena Vista Condos (?)
2007 - Jan. offsite * 2008 - Oct. Halloween offsite
2010 - June GF~Oct. Pop Halloween
2011 - Jan. Backstage Magic~May Scavenger Hunt/Destination D~Oct. Disneyland!!~Dec. Magic and Merriment Pop!
2012 - Dec. Magic and Merriment AOA!
2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge!!

Last edited by SwiperFox; 02-16-2012 at 04:22 PM.
SwiperFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #5
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

I had not seen this contest before! Thanks for sharing. I did find the 2 on the photopass page.

WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14**Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
disnewbie108
I left my heart in San Francisco! Wish the USAF would take us back to Travis AFB!

Stuck

I am stuck on the WDW one. I found them all on the Disneyland one. Found the one on Sharing the Memories on WDW page. Just need 1 more for WDW. Look through every stinking photo! UGGGG!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
Zarabear
Mouseketeer

If anyone is really stuck, I took notes on the locations and have found all 10 for DL and WDW. PM me and I can give you some hints and maybe help you narrow down where the last one(s) are that you need. Don't want to post spoilers or anything though.

~Zara
Zarabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #8
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnewbie108 View Post
I am stuck on the WDW one. I found them all on the Disneyland one. Found the one on Sharing the Memories on WDW page. Just need 1 more for WDW. Look through every stinking photo! UGGGG!
I have only found five. I never thought I'd be sick of looking at Disney pictures, but I think I've hit my limit.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
disnewbie108
I left my heart in San Francisco! Wish the USAF would take us back to Travis AFB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
I have only found five. I never thought I'd be sick of looking at Disney pictures, but I think I've hit my limit.
LOL!! Your right! Great pics, but most annoying. Even more annying when you have looked at them for the 3rd time and still cannot find what you are missing!!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

I've found 9 in the Disneyland contest and 6 in the Disney World contest. I'm currently clearing my history and cache so I can look some more. Are all of the Hidden Mickeys on photos?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #11
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

I was able to find all 10 on both Disneyland and WDW pages. I went to the Theme Parks board here on the DIS, and there were some posts that gave good clues/hints, and also a post that tells how many on each page.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #12
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post
I was able to find all 10 on both Disneyland and WDW pages. I went to the Theme Parks board here on the DIS, and there were some posts that gave good clues/hints, and also a post that tells how many on each page.
Thanks, Mary Jo!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #13
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces View Post
I've found 9 in the Disneyland contest and 6 in the Disney World contest. I'm currently clearing my history and cache so I can look some more. Are all of the Hidden Mickeys on photos?
yes. I don't think that's giving too much away to answer.

WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14**Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
eeyorelvr09
A rough road leads to the stars

Thanks for this. I believe I found 5 for each. I too am getting tired of looking at Disney photos, but you gotta be in it to win it, right?

October 2012 *Our Disneymoon* Bahamian Cruise on the Dream & GF DxDP F&WF
October 2010 POFQ DxDP F&WF *We're Engaged!*
August 2010 Paradise Pier DLR Podcast trip w/*NikkiBell*
November 2009 CBR DxDP F&WF
July 2008 DLR Off property
September 2007 POFQ PlusDP *First trip EVER to WDW & w/DBF*
eeyorelvr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #15
eeyorelvr09
A rough road leads to the stars

I'm having difficulty finding the last 2 for WDW. I have made note of all the ones i have found and counted 9. I guess the one they give you in the beginning does not count.

I do not get the Twitter "clues" either.

October 2012 *Our Disneymoon* Bahamian Cruise on the Dream & GF DxDP F&WF
October 2010 POFQ DxDP F&WF *We're Engaged!*
August 2010 Paradise Pier DLR Podcast trip w/*NikkiBell*
November 2009 CBR DxDP F&WF
July 2008 DLR Off property
September 2007 POFQ PlusDP *First trip EVER to WDW & w/DBF*
eeyorelvr09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: