Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #3721
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmione View Post
I knew I couldn't be alone. Haven't been to Disney since 2011 and I've been missing it so much.
I'm envious of those that go yearly! We haven't been since August 2011, and I miss it dreadfully. Most people in the UK never even go to America, yet alone WDW, so I guess I'm lucky. We are having to save like crazy!

We are going at the end of October! YIPPEE! Would you guys say it's a bad thing to miss two weeks of school? I am in 10th grade now, and will be in 11th grade when I go. I'm worried about missing work.

Sigh. The flights alone are about $5000 for the five of us. That's a whole holiday in Europe!

Would you guys ever stay offsite? I don't think we would, otherwise the trip wouldn't be worth the money! We have stayed offsite and it just felt rather isolated. I adore SSR, and vastly prefer it to AKL and the Poly. Although I'd love to stay at the GF some day. My ambition is to own DVC.

There are now plans to build DVC at the Poly! Exciting!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

Old 06-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #3722
magicalmione
Potterhead and fellow Disney fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
I'm envious of those that go yearly! We haven't been since August 2011, and I miss it dreadfully. Most people in the UK never even go to America, yet alone WDW, so I guess I'm lucky. We are having to save like crazy!

We are going at the end of October! YIPPEE! Would you guys say it's a bad thing to miss two weeks of school? I am in 10th grade now, and will be in 11th grade when I go. I'm worried about missing work.

Sigh. The flights alone are about $5000 for the five of us. That's a whole holiday in Europe!

Would you guys ever stay offsite? I don't think we would, otherwise the trip wouldn't be worth the money! We have stayed offsite and it just felt rather isolated. I adore SSR, and vastly prefer it to AKL and the Poly. Although I'd love to stay at the GF some day. My ambition is to own DVC.

There are now plans to build DVC at the Poly! Exciting!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We're going to be there sometime in July of 2014 after the 4th of July week since that'll be packed. We used to be able to go yearly, but money has gotten tight, hence why we haven't been since 2011.

I don't think I'd ever want to stay offsite, haven't before, and if we're gonna put the money towards the trip I think we should make it as enjoyable as possible. I remember even eating a dinner offsite was the worst for me

My favorite resort is the BC, but I did really enjoy the Poly. WL used to be our favorite until we ventured to other resorts. AKL was nice, but I wasn't too fond of the location. I don't think I'd want to stay at the GF, but I've always thought it looked nice.

About school, missing two weeks you would, of course, miss a lot of work, but I'm sure it's doable, especially if it's for something you don't often have the chance to do. Hopefully you'll be able to get as much work beforehand, so you could limit how much you'll miss/have to makeup.
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #3723
Cinderella8
~I believe it all is coming to and end, oh well, I guess we're gonna pretend, let's see how far we've come~

Random: I'm in my dad's space at his office, he's in a board meeting... trying to type quietly...
Gryffindor Seeker & member of DA & the Order!In the Poseidon cabin!Leader of RiverClan.A Storm Hawk & sky knight of Terra Neverland!I am Spider-Man!True Believer!An Ultra Link!I work for THI.Hunter of Artemis!Avenger & SHIELD agent!H2O mermaid!A water talent!I'm the Shane!The warrior mage!I'm the Avatar.At Monster High!Shadowhunter.Noelle is my BFF!
"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella~"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan 2
"Light, dark, there's a little bit in all of us. The trick is finding balance." "Master, please! You don't know Twist like I do!" "Never presume to know the heart of another! Focus on your own inner peace. Are you so sure you know the best path?" -Master Shinai and Eli Shane
Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel, don't let them know! Well now they know! Let it go, let it go! -Elsa
"What happened in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so naturally, the whole school knows." -Dumbledore~"So light a fire!" "Yes - of course - but there's no wood!" "HAVE YOU GONE MAD? ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT?" "Oh, right!" -Ron & Hermione~"Scared?" "You wish." -Draco & Harry
"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." -Spider-Man
"You can act all tough and take over the world, but you can never hide who you really are- a lonely girl who desperately wants a friend." -Piper to Master Cyclonis
"Move out." "No." "Excuse me?" "I said no. No more. You will never hurt another innocent person and then just walk away." -Dr. Blakk & Eli Shane
"Remember, reality is an illusion the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!"-Bill Cypher~"Open fire! Just try not to hit anyone we know!" -Piper
"What's your game, Shane?" "I'm just trying to help my friends... but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" -Twist and Eli
Do it for your people, do it for your pride, you're never gonna know if you never even try. Do it for your country, do it for your name, 'cause there's gonna be a day when you're sitting in the hall of fame, and the world's gonna your name! -Hall of Fame
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #3724
wdwgirl4ever
Disney Adventurer

AC, WHY YOU NO WORK RIGHT?
Old 06-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #3725
Cinderella8
~I believe it all is coming to and end, oh well, I guess we're gonna pretend, let's see how far we've come~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl4ever View Post
AC, WHY YOU NO WORK RIGHT?
Uhhhhhh what's AC? lol
Gryffindor Seeker & member of DA & the Order!In the Poseidon cabin!Leader of RiverClan.A Storm Hawk & sky knight of Terra Neverland!I am Spider-Man!True Believer!An Ultra Link!I work for THI.Hunter of Artemis!Avenger & SHIELD agent!H2O mermaid!A water talent!I'm the Shane!The warrior mage!I'm the Avatar.At Monster High!Shadowhunter.Noelle is my BFF!
"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella~"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan 2
"Light, dark, there's a little bit in all of us. The trick is finding balance." "Master, please! You don't know Twist like I do!" "Never presume to know the heart of another! Focus on your own inner peace. Are you so sure you know the best path?" -Master Shinai and Eli Shane
Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel, don't let them know! Well now they know! Let it go, let it go! -Elsa
"What happened in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so naturally, the whole school knows." -Dumbledore~"So light a fire!" "Yes - of course - but there's no wood!" "HAVE YOU GONE MAD? ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT?" "Oh, right!" -Ron & Hermione~"Scared?" "You wish." -Draco & Harry
"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." -Spider-Man
"You can act all tough and take over the world, but you can never hide who you really are- a lonely girl who desperately wants a friend." -Piper to Master Cyclonis
"Move out." "No." "Excuse me?" "I said no. No more. You will never hurt another innocent person and then just walk away." -Dr. Blakk & Eli Shane
"Remember, reality is an illusion the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!"-Bill Cypher~"Open fire! Just try not to hit anyone we know!" -Piper
"What's your game, Shane?" "I'm just trying to help my friends... but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" -Twist and Eli
Do it for your people, do it for your pride, you're never gonna know if you never even try. Do it for your country, do it for your name, 'cause there's gonna be a day when you're sitting in the hall of fame, and the world's gonna your name! -Hall of Fame
Old 06-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #3726
BK228
DIS Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella8

Uhhhhhh what's AC? lol
Air conditioning? Maybe? Idk.

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” Winnie the pooh
Elizabeth: Captain Barbossa , I am here to negotiate the cessation of hostilities against Port Royal .
Barbossa: There are a lot of long words in there, Miss; we're naught but humble pirates. What is it that you want?
Elizabeth: I want you to leave and never come back.
Barbossa: I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means "no".
Old 06-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #3727
Cinderella8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK228 View Post
Oh. lol
Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #3728
BK228
DIS Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella8

Oh. lol
I had to think about that one. Or maybe it was animal crackers!!! That would be more fun.

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” Winnie the pooh
Elizabeth: Captain Barbossa , I am here to negotiate the cessation of hostilities against Port Royal .
Barbossa: There are a lot of long words in there, Miss; we're naught but humble pirates. What is it that you want?
Old 06-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #3729
Cinderella8

Quote:
I had to think about that one. Or maybe it was animal crackers!!! That would be more fun.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #3730
DisneyDancer13
Mouseketeer

It's almost midnight here... I should probably go to sleep..... Nah..

August 2014: Perform @ Downtown Disney
August 2013: First Trip to DL
January 2012: Birthday Trip
May 2012: Perform @ Downtown Disney
October 2012: MNSVSHP
January 2011: Birthday Trip
May 2010: Perform @ Downtown Disney
January 2010: Disney Wonder Cruise
May 2009: Perform @ Downtown Disney
April 2008: Perform @ Magic Kingdom
January 2007 - January 2001: Birthday Trips
December 1999: My First WDW Visit
Old 06-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #3731
BK228
DIS Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDancer13
It's almost midnight here... I should probably go to sleep..... Nah..
I feel the same way but replace midnight with 9:30....

Old 06-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #3732
1000HappyWishes
I know every mile will be my worth my while.

I'm staying up late to figure our places to eat when my family goes sometime next year. My dad and I are the Disney Freaks in the family, and he's making me compile a list of reaturants, where they are, and what food they serve so he can choose where we eat It's 1 AM!

WDW: 2001, 2003, 2013
Disneyland: 2007
Universal: 2013
Old 06-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #3733
Cinderella8

Ugh I slept in for like two hours this morning, we had softball last night, then Dad and I watched the 14u play, then I had to go to my dad's board meeting, then we had to go get steer feed... I wasn't in bed by 11:00, asleep by 11:45 tops. Up at 9:20 I usually try to get up early so I can have the tv to myself

Oh the. There were these little girls and adorable little boys from two families I know there, so I had to watch two babies, one of which kept crawling into the dugout, and two girls (5 and 6/7) and a little boy (?). On the plus side the little boy gave me his Skittles
Old 06-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #3734
wdwgirl4ever
Disney Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella8 View Post
Uhhhhhh what's AC? lol
Quote:
Quote:
Air conditioning. I like animal crackers. I want some now.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #3735
BK228
DIS Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl4ever

Air conditioning. I like animal crackers. I want some now.
Me too!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: