Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #3601
minniemouse21
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
It's a harsh reality when you fit age 8-9 year clothes and you're sixteen years old- almost seventeen. I'm 5"- not that tiny! Are any of you guys small?

Weird because some brands I fit age 12, some age 14 and some age 9 or 10. But age 8 was a shocking reality lol as my brother is eight and I am double that age!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I also fit into some small sizes. I still have a shirt from 2008 that still fits!

Old 05-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #3602
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We are in the same boat- I have important exams coming up too that determine whether I can stay in school. Bleh. First one is on Monday and I have them for the next six weeks! Good luck to you- sure you will do great.

Reminded me- quick question- can you leave school at sixteen or is it always eighteen? Always wondered that.

My brother Rory wants to go to coral reef for the same reason as you...! He's eight and very much in awe of the fish tanks! I hate fish though. I'm so fussy.

I don't think that was an exaggeration- that sounds like a terrible disaster! I have never heard of something like that happening before. And to have some school kids stuck at your house all night must have been scary for them...! I would hate to spend the night at school. I can't blame your county for being so cautious now!

You should try out some TS breakfasts. They are so much nicer than a quick 'grab n' go' or whatever. Sometimes we just get a bagel or pastry or whatever from the CS place and rush of to the parks and other times we like to relax, plus I can't pass up Mickey waffles- please say you've tried them!

You can leave school at 16, but only with your parents permission. 18 is without permission.

You hate fish to eat or just in general? I don't like eating fish, it just has that strange flavor. But I really like aquariums and such.

Yes I have tired Mickey waffles and they are delicious. I also love the Mickey bars. Everything tastes so much better when it's Mickey! :
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #3603
rachelmarisa
chase the morning, yield for nothing

Quote:
I thought I was the only one who loved Flynn

Haha that is funny considering us Brits often don't really think of ourselves as part of Europe, and certainly not European! We think of Europeans as being glamorous lol. But then I think of Americans as glamorous too- hehe. Possibly ignorant- I'm sure you aren't all movie stars

Omg you go to summer camp that is awesome! I've never been to one- we don't really have them here. I didn't know you were musical or theatrical!
Yeah girly that's me! I'm a triple threat - ehh - more or less. Hahaha. They're just so freaking expensive!

But yeah two years ago my friend got a foreign exchange student from France who didn't seem very happy here. Later we found out she came to the US because she was told she would live near Chicago. She thought she was going to be discovered and become a model I shouldn't really laugh, but it's funny because she lived in a little town in Indiana like three hours from Chicago. Poor girl.

Quote:
It's a harsh reality when you fit age 8-9 year clothes and you're sixteen years old- almost seventeen. I'm 5"- not that tiny! Are any of you guys small?

Weird because some brands I fit age 12, some age 14 and some age 9 or 10. But age 8 was a shocking reality lol as my brother is eight and I am double that age!

Yayayay I am tiny too!! I'm 17 and a half and 5.75ft teehee. One of my hobbies is being carried! I buy Disney's shirts for little boys and girls because they're cheaper and fit better. My greatest accomplishment is still fitting into one shirt that's a youth small. It's quite a squeeze though
+ 2010 WDW for Christmas
+ 2011 16th birthday present: first trip to DL
+ 2013 WDW Spring Break with my best friend
+ 2014 One day at WDW

Old 05-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #3604
Cinderella8
~I believe it all is coming to and end, oh well, I guess we're gonna pretend, let's see how far we've come~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelmarisa View Post
Yeah girly that's me! I'm a triple threat - ehh - more or less. Hahaha. They're just so freaking expensive!

But yeah two years ago my friend got a foreign exchange student from France who didn't seem very happy here. Later we found out she came to the US because she was told she would live near Chicago. She thought she was going to be discovered and become a model I shouldn't really laugh, but it's funny because she lived in a little town in Indiana like three hours from Chicago. Poor girl.

Yayayay I am tiny too!! I'm 17 and a half and 5.75ft teehee. One of my hobbies is being carried! I buy Disney's shirts for little boys and girls because they're cheaper and fit better. My greatest accomplishment is still fitting into one shirt that's a youth small. It's quite a squeeze though
I am not very small, if I tried a youth small I would explode. I am wearing an adult small sweatshirt and it is perfect, however I still have a shirt from third grade that fit up til a year ago. I used to be tiny then hit a growth spurt or however you spell it
Gryffindor Seeker & member of DA & the Order!In the Poseidon cabin!Leader of RiverClan.A Storm Hawk & sky knight of Terra Neverland!I am Spider-Man!True Believer!An Ultra Link!I work for THI.Hunter of Artemis!Avenger & SHIELD agent!H2O mermaid!A water talent!I'm the Shane!The warrior mage!I'm the Avatar.At Monster High!Shadowhunter.Noelle is my BFF!
"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella~"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan 2
"Light, dark, there's a little bit in all of us. The trick is finding balance." "Master, please! You don't know Twist like I do!" "Never presume to know the heart of another! Focus on your own inner peace. Are you so sure you know the best path?" -Master Shinai and Eli Shane
Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel, don't let them know! Well now they know! Let it go, let it go! -Elsa
"What happened in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so naturally, the whole school knows." -Dumbledore~"So light a fire!" "Yes - of course - but there's no wood!" "HAVE YOU GONE MAD? ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT?" "Oh, right!" -Ron & Hermione~"Scared?" "You wish." -Draco & Harry
"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." -Spider-Man
"You can act all tough and take over the world, but you can never hide who you really are- a lonely girl who desperately wants a friend." -Piper to Master Cyclonis
"Move out." "No." "Excuse me?" "I said no. No more. You will never hurt another innocent person and then just walk away." -Dr. Blakk & Eli Shane
"Remember, reality is an illusion the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!"-Bill Cypher~"Open fire! Just try not to hit anyone we know!" -Piper
"What's your game, Shane?" "I'm just trying to help my friends... but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" -Twist and Eli
Do it for your people, do it for your pride, you're never gonna know if you never even try. Do it for your country, do it for your name, 'cause there's gonna be a day when you're sitting in the hall of fame, and the world's gonna your name! -Hall of Fame
Old 05-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #3605
rachelmarisa
chase the morning, yield for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella8 View Post
I am not very small, if I tried a youth small I would explode. I am wearing an adult small sweatshirt and it is perfect, however I still have a shirt from third grade that fit up til a year ago. I used to be tiny then hit a growth spurt or however you spell it
While I've finally come to terms with being little, I am really jealous of you. I used to pray for growth spurts!
+ 2010 WDW for Christmas
+ 2011 16th birthday present: first trip to DL
+ 2013 WDW Spring Break with my best friend
+ 2014 One day at WDW

Old 05-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #3606
Cinderella8
~I believe it all is coming to and end, oh well, I guess we're gonna pretend, let's see how far we've come~

Quote:
While I've finally come to terms with being little, I am really jealous of you. I used to pray for growth spurts!
Don't be jealous; I would give anything to be small again! I did finally squeeze under a truck and did an army crawl for a softball. It would have been waaaay easier if I were smaller.
Gryffindor Seeker & member of DA & the Order!In the Poseidon cabin!Leader of RiverClan.A Storm Hawk & sky knight of Terra Neverland!I am Spider-Man!True Believer!An Ultra Link!I work for THI.Hunter of Artemis!Avenger & SHIELD agent!H2O mermaid!A water talent!I'm the Shane!The warrior mage!I'm the Avatar.At Monster High!Shadowhunter.Noelle is my BFF!
"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella~"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan 2
"Light, dark, there's a little bit in all of us. The trick is finding balance." "Master, please! You don't know Twist like I do!" "Never presume to know the heart of another! Focus on your own inner peace. Are you so sure you know the best path?" -Master Shinai and Eli Shane
Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel, don't let them know! Well now they know! Let it go, let it go! -Elsa
"What happened in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so naturally, the whole school knows." -Dumbledore~"So light a fire!" "Yes - of course - but there's no wood!" "HAVE YOU GONE MAD? ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT?" "Oh, right!" -Ron & Hermione~"Scared?" "You wish." -Draco & Harry
"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." -Spider-Man
"You can act all tough and take over the world, but you can never hide who you really are- a lonely girl who desperately wants a friend." -Piper to Master Cyclonis
"Move out." "No." "Excuse me?" "I said no. No more. You will never hurt another innocent person and then just walk away." -Dr. Blakk & Eli Shane
"Remember, reality is an illusion the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!"-Bill Cypher~"Open fire! Just try not to hit anyone we know!" -Piper
"What's your game, Shane?" "I'm just trying to help my friends... but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" -Twist and Eli
Do it for your people, do it for your pride, you're never gonna know if you never even try. Do it for your country, do it for your name, 'cause there's gonna be a day when you're sitting in the hall of fame, and the world's gonna your name! -Hall of Fame
Old 05-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #3607
wdwgirl4ever
Disney Adventurer

Having penpals is fun.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #3608
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse21 View Post

I also fit into some small sizes. I still have a shirt from 2008 that still fits!
Me too! It's somewhat depressing lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post

You can leave school at 16, but only with your parents permission. 18 is without permission.

You hate fish to eat or just in general? I don't like eating fish, it just has that strange flavor. But I really like aquariums and such.

Yes I have tired Mickey waffles and they are delicious. I also love the Mickey bars. Everything tastes so much better when it's Mickey! :
Ah. That sucks but it probably sensible. Ive heard that loads of Americans are homeschooled or even go to school on the Internet, I mean wow!

I hate fish- love most food! Then again I also dislike meat- I don't even really know why- I think it's the thought that it comes from an animal. It smells so nice though when cooking! I like aquariums too, much more than zoos. I just feel bad for the animals there.

I've never even tried a Mickey bar. I probably should! The chocolate ice cream on Main Street is just too hard to avoid!

Quote:

Oh dear! Poor girl! I can't help laughing either. I would be more bothered about being thousands of miles away from home, but I guess you gotta commend her for having ambitions.

Are you 5" 75 because that's tall! Sorry, I'm awful at reading measurements. Lol. Or are you under 5" 1? I love shopping for kids clothes too! Sometimes they are babyish though and I would like to be able to go into a normal shop and fit into their clothes. But I save a lot buying kids clothes so its nice!

What sort of age does youth small fit? We don't have that size but I'm guessing its quite an accomplishment...!

Quote:

How tall are you? I would say 5"4- 5"5 is an ideal height. I was predicted to be 5"3 but am not. I am half Scottish though and generally people up in Scotland are weirdly shorter- I fit right in!

Quote:

I think it's better to be really little than really tall, but I'd like to be a little taller. It annoys me when people patronize me because I look so young- many mistake me for being a primary school (elementary school) student. It gets annoying people acting amazed when they find out my actual age. Grr.

Quote:

Don't be jealous; I would give anything to be small again! I did finally squeeze under a truck and did an army crawl for a softball. It would have been waaaay easier if I were smaller.
Lol! I have to use a stool to reach the top shelf of the cupboard with all the cups and glasses in, so I envy tall people for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl4ever View Post
Having penpals is fun.
I really want a pen pal. It sounds like such fun. It's just difficult knowing who to do it with and whether its safe. I've never had one before so it'd be awesome!

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

Old 05-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #3609
wdwgirl4ever
Disney Adventurer

Quote:

I really want a pen pal. It sounds like such fun. It's just difficult knowing who to do it with and whether its safe. I've never had one before so it'd be awesome!

We can if you want to. I promise I'm not a pedo or anything. .___. Lol I can write first if you want. Or you could if you'd feel better! Whatevs. Just message me if you want to be penpals, lol. I just got started doing it. I've wanted to for years. But I finally got into it a couple days ago!
Old 05-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #3610
Cinderella8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl4ever View Post
We can if you want to. I promise I'm not a pedo or anything. .___. Lol I can write first if you want. Or you could if you'd feel better! Whatevs. Just message me if you want to be penpals, lol. I just got started doing it. I've wanted to for years. But I finally got into it a couple days ago!
My mom said she was thinking.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #3611
wdwgirl4ever
Disney Adventurer

Quote:
My mom said she was thinking.
It's fine, lol. If you can, awesome. If you can't, you can't.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #3612
Orreed
Olivia

So there is a tornado watch in my town. I really should be afraid but the mix of loud booms, dark skies, rain, and wind make me extremely happy.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #3613
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post
So there is a tornado watch in my town. I really should be afraid but the mix of loud booms, dark skies, rain, and wind make me extremely happy.
There's rain and scattered thunder here too, but no tornado warning.

That I know of

Last time I had a tornado, I was at school.
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Coulson:"Because nothing bad ever happens when you work with something called the DarkForce."
Loki: "Well done, you just decapitated your grandfather."
Hill: “Sir, evacuation may be futile.” Fury: “We should tell them to go back to sleep?”
Thor: "Mother wouldn't want us to fight." Loki: "Well, she wouldn't exactly be surprised."
Rogers: “Doctor Banner… now might be a good time to get angry.” Banner: “That’s my secret, Cap… I’m always angry.”
Red Skull: ”Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?” Rogers: ”Nothing. I’m just a kid from Brooklyn.”
Stark: "The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mighiest Heroes" type thing."
Thor: "We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Loki: "I remember a shadow, living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss, I who was and should be king!"
Natasha: "This is just like Budapest all over again." Barton: "You and I remember Budapest very differently."
Loki: "Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Natasha: "Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was." Loki: "And what are you now?" Natasha: "It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." Loki: "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?... Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's GUSHING red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!... I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is MY bargain, you mewling quim!"

Last edited by Fairywings; 05-15-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #3614
aprescher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post
You must be in the Dfw area! I'm in cleburne and its hailing now. Me and the pets are in the bathroom!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #3615
Orreed
Olivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
There's rain and scattered thunder here too, but no tornado warning.

That I know of

Last time I had a tornado, I was at school.
Yikes. I would not want to be at a school during a tornado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprescher View Post
You must be in the Dfw area! I'm in cleburne and its hailing now. Me and the pets are in the bathroom!
Yes I am. No hail were I am luckily. Hope everything out there is OK.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: