Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #3586
Cinderella8
"It doesn't matter how young we are. We don't have to be official. When the Atmos needs us, the Storm Hawks will be there." -Aerrow
 
Cinderella8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Shane Hideout
Posts: 9,587

Ahh! Okie... Come tag fairy!!!
__________________
I am Cindy, the amazing, awesome, nerdy daughter of the Random Family
Gryffindor Seeker & member of DA & the Order!In the Poseidon cabin!Leader of RiverClan.A Storm Hawk & sky knight of Terra Neverland!I am Spider-Man!True Believer!An Ultra Link!I work for THI.Hunter of Artemis!Avenger & SHIELD agent!H2O mermaid!A water talent!I'm the Shane!The warrior mage!I'm the Avatar.At Monster High!Shadowhunter.Noelle is my BFF!
"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella~"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan 2
"Light, dark, there's a little bit in all of us. The trick is finding balance." "Master, please! You don't know Twist like I do!" "Never presume to know the heart of another! Focus on your own inner peace. Are you so sure you know the best path?" -Master Shanai and Eli Shane~"When you're finished with your awkward moment..." -Master Shanai
Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel, don't let them know! Well now they know! Let it go, let it go! -Elsa
"You're a Shane, aren't ya?" "Yeah. How'd you guess?" "You're acting like one! You plan on going after Blakk?" "I plan on fighting the bad guys wherever I find them."~"I don't know what to say." "Say you'll be the man your father was." -Red Hook and Eli Shane
"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." -Spider-Man
"You can act all tough and take over the world, but you can never hide who you really are- a lonely girl who desperately wants a friend." -Piper to Master Cyclonis
"Move out." "No." "Excuse me?" "I said no. No more. You will never hurt another innocent person and then just walk away." -Dr. Blakk & Eli Shane
"Remember, reality is an illusion the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!"-Bill Cypher~"Open fire! Just try not to hit anyone we know!" -Piper
"What's your game, Shane?" "I'm just trying to help my friends... but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" -Twist and Eli
Do it for your people, do it for your pride, you're never gonna know if you never even try. Do it for your country, do it for your name, 'cause there's gonna be a day when you're sitting in the hall of fame, and the world's gonna your name! -Hall of Fame
Cinderella8 is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #3587
wdwgirl4ever
Disney Adventurer
 
wdwgirl4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella8 View Post
Lucky! School was endless and boring...
That's how it would've been for me. Either way I did work today. I had to clean and wash clothes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post
Lucky! Opposite for us, there was a torrential downpour all day and we sat in class.
It rained again here. But yesterday, we had like a half an hour full of hail that turned into water, and then it rained all night, so we got out. I need another day off though.
__________________
Starlight, starbright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight, we'll make a wish and do as dreamers do, and all our wishes.......will come true. <3
Mom Stepdad Dad Me Doug (boyfriend)
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/christilovesryu
wdwgirl4ever is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #3588
rachelmarisa
chase the morning, yield for nothing
 
rachelmarisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: the lamest place in the world
Posts: 136

Quote:

Eeeeeep! Say something in Spanish! Are you getting fluent? I hope I will be someday. French, Italian and Spanish are all pretty similar so it's a shame I only study French.

That's really disappointing you weren't allowed to go abroad. Surely your parents should let you unless they have a really good reason for not letting you go.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
"Flynn Rider es mi novio secreto."
Haha I'm not even fluent! That's the sad part. You're lucky you live in the UK where it's so much easier to be multilingual.
The reason was "We don't want you to go." So
__________________
+ 1995-2002 Multiple trips to WDW as a child
+ 2008 Fall WDW
+ 2009 Food & Wine fest WDW
+ 2010 WDW for Christmas
+ 2011 16th birthday present: first trip to DL
+ 2013 WDW Spring Break with my best friend
+ 2014 One day at WDW


rachelmarisa is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #3589
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,876

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse21 View Post
Hey everyone! I'm new here so I'm just saying Hi!
Hello! Welcome! I'm meg, nice to meet you. I see you're a fan of Minnie Mouse- you have great taste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post

Those sound like great ADR's. Good luck! Different people have different touring plans, and that's OK I heard taking Spanish doesn't help much, but I hope it does. There's a lot of Spanish speakers in Texas. I'd love to understand them. It's cool when I recognize some words.
Thanks! If you live in Texas then I guess Spanish is pretty helpful- normally they speak so fast I can barely understand them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella8 View Post
Lucky! School was endless and boring...
Same for me... Although I finish school in a few weeks- about a month early- and then start sixth form. So I'm looking forward to having a long summer holiday. But dreading the exams coming up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post

ADR's are so exciting!! We made ours a while back for our June trip! Have you decided on on all of your meals yet?

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think that when you say something clever or funny, the tag fairy will put it between your name and picture on the left. Sometimes it moves. Who the tag fairy is, I think is a mystery. There's probably multiple. I have no idea.

Lucky! Opposite for us, there was a torrential downpour all day and we sat in class.
What ADRs have you made? Exciting, right?! Well, we plan to eat at a lot of places but some of them are; CRT, Chef Mickey's, Akershus, Be Our Guest, Le Cellier, HDDR, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Via Napoli, etc.

I've never heard of a school here closing because of torrential downpour or floods. Ours close because of snow but not much else. Sucks because we get so much rain- I get so sick of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelmarisa View Post

"Flynn Rider es mi novio secreto."
Haha I'm not even fluent! That's the sad part. You're lucky you live in the UK where it's so much easier to be multilingual.
The reason was "We don't want you to go." So
Non, c'est impossible! Flynn rider est le petit-ami de MOI!

You should become more fluent some day. I would love to be able to converse with French people. As a country, were terrible at languages. Most people only speak English. In the rest of Europe it is common for people to speak three or four languages, often fluently. Embarrassing, right?! well, I guess that's not a very constructive reason to stop you Maybe they might miss you should you go.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #3590
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer
 
soccer_mickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
What ADRs have you made? Exciting, right?! Well, we plan to eat at a lot of places but some of them are; CRT, Chef Mickey's, Akershus, Be Our Guest, Le Cellier, HDDR, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Via Napoli, etc.

I've never heard of a school here closing because of torrential downpour or floods. Ours close because of snow but not much else. Sucks because we get so much rain- I get so sick of it!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Well, we decided not to get the dining plan this time, so we only made them at 3 places: Le Cellier, Coral Reef, and Sanaa. My parent picked two and my brother I got to pick one. I really wanted to try Be Our Guest, but my brother didn't, so we compromised with Coral Reef. Wow!! Those all sound wonderful!! I've only tried 3 on your list, but hopefully will get all of them one day. I love Disney food so much! And the atmospheres at each restaurant!

I've only ever had school closed for snow, too. Or even the threat of snow. They're really cautious here because of a huge disaster in like 2004. So a lot of the times, they close it, then it doesn't snow, and we just get to miss school!!!
soccer_mickey is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #3591
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer
 
soccer_mickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 349

What is a good breakfast that you don't have to go into a park for? We don't have tickets for the day we leave, but want a nice breakfast. And Chef Mickeys' out because my dad doesn't like character meals
soccer_mickey is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #3592
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,876

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post

Well, we decided not to get the dining plan this time, so we only made them at 3 places: Le Cellier, Coral Reef, and Sanaa. My parent picked two and my brother I got to pick one. I really wanted to try Be Our Guest, but my brother didn't, so we compromised with Coral Reef. Wow!! Those all sound wonderful!! I've only tried 3 on your list, but hopefully will get all of them one day. I love Disney food so much! And the atmospheres at each restaurant!

I've only ever had school closed for snow, too. Or even the threat of snow. They're really cautious here because of a huge disaster in like 2004. So a lot of the times, they close it, then it doesn't snow, and we just get to miss school!!!
We almost went to Sanaa last trip but my parents cancelled due to being too full. I'd love to hear how it goes. We have Le Cellier in common! Yay! I really wanted to try the cheddar cheese soup until I discovered it had bacon in it- ew! We were contemplating Coral Reef but heard such bad things about it we likely won't go there either sadly. Your trip is coming up- you must be so excited!

Everyone always goes on about how expensive Disney TS restaurants are, but they are often cheaper than local chain restaurants here! Grrr. They are just amazing.

I've never heard of the huge disaster in 2004. I guess I was only 8 at the time- but now I'm intrigued! We have had such bad snow here recently but not enough to be a disaster. I don't like snow much unless it means no school. People at my school are horrible with the snow too, so I don't like it. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post
What is a good breakfast that you don't have to go into a park for? We don't have tickets for the day we leave, but want a nice breakfast. And Chef Mickeys' out because my dad doesn't like character meals
Oh no, that sucks you can't go to character breakfasts! We have tried Boma and Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast- we enjoyed Boma but the food wasn't too exceptional and we don't like AKL too much. GFC is amazing and pretty affordable with entrees of about $10. We love the atmosphere. There's also Kona, which I haven't tried, but everyone goes on about the tonga toast! And also Olivia's serves some cute dishes at OKW although I haven't been there. If your dad doesn't mind the antics at Whispering Canyon Cafe then breakfast there could be pretty fun too! Where are you staying? It would probably be nice to stay near your resort to eat.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #3593
rachelmarisa
chase the morning, yield for nothing
 
rachelmarisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: the lamest place in the world
Posts: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post

Non, c'est impossible! Flynn rider est le petit-ami de MOI!

You should become more fluent some day. I would love to be able to converse with French people. As a country, were terrible at languages. Most people only speak English. In the rest of Europe it is common for people to speak three or four languages, often fluently. Embarrassing, right?! well, I guess that's not a very constructive reason to stop you Maybe they might miss you should you go.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Hahaha aww I guess we're gonna have to share him

But yeah I mean that's interesting to hear since most Americans assume most Europeans are bilingual! Thank you for reducing my international ignorance!

Nahh they wouldn't miss me haha. Who knows, I'm over it now. Now I'm more focused on getting into a musical theatre camp this summer!
__________________
+ 1995-2002 Multiple trips to WDW as a child
+ 2008 Fall WDW
+ 2009 Food & Wine fest WDW
+ 2010 WDW for Christmas
+ 2011 16th birthday present: first trip to DL
+ 2013 WDW Spring Break with my best friend
+ 2014 One day at WDW


rachelmarisa is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #3594
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer
 
soccer_mickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
We almost went to Sanaa last trip but my parents cancelled due to being too full. I'd love to hear how it goes. We have Le Cellier in common! Yay! I really wanted to try the cheddar cheese soup until I discovered it had bacon in it- ew! We were contemplating Coral Reef but heard such bad things about it we likely won't go there either sadly. Your trip is coming up- you must be so excited!

Everyone always goes on about how expensive Disney TS restaurants are, but they are often cheaper than local chain restaurants here! Grrr. They are just amazing.

I've never heard of the huge disaster in 2004. I guess I was only 8 at the time- but now I'm intrigued! We have had such bad snow here recently but not enough to be a disaster. I don't like snow much unless it means no school. People at my school are horrible with the snow too, so I don't like it. Haha



Oh no, that sucks you can't go to character breakfasts! We have tried Boma and Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast- we enjoyed Boma but the food wasn't too exceptional and we don't like AKL too much. GFC is amazing and pretty affordable with entrees of about $10. We love the atmosphere. There's also Kona, which I haven't tried, but everyone goes on about the tonga toast! And also Olivia's serves some cute dishes at OKW although I haven't been there. If your dad doesn't mind the antics at Whispering Canyon Cafe then breakfast there could be pretty fun too! Where are you staying? It would probably be nice to stay near your resort to eat.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I'm super excited, but I have finals in the way. But it kinda helps, having something to look forward to after the finals.

Coral Reef gets a bad rap, but we've never had a bad experience there. Plus, the fish tank is so amazing! I think we go for the experience more so than the food anyway.

Oh, just realized I exaggerated the disaster a bit too much. It was just a local disaster, really just for my county. Snow was expected, but the school system was just like "it doesn't look to bad, let's send them to school" Great idea, school system, great idea. It snowed a ton. And everyone was trapped at school/work. Lots of kids had to spend the night at school. I live close enough to school that I didn't, though. The whole county was gridlocked. My dad tried to get home, and a 20 minute drive took him 8 hours! We could have been almost to Disney in that time! A school bus crashed in front of our house. Like 7 random kids were trapped at our house all night! It was pretty crazy. Anyways, now if there's any sign of snow at all, they cancel school.

Thanks for all the advice on restaurants! Whispering Canyon Cafe and Kona both sound great! We usually just grab and go for breakfast, so I've never had to think about it before.
soccer_mickey is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #3595
triplemm
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 22

Talking

heyyy everyone!! I'm a 16 (17 in 10 days) year old girl from Canada 'n i looove disney
I'm new on DISboards and i really need to get to 10 posts because there are some people i need to PM ahaha
anyways have a great day yall
triplemm is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #3596
Orreed
Olivia
 
Orreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplemm
heyyy everyone!! I'm a 16 (17 in 10 days) year old girl from Canada 'n i looove disney
I'm new on DISboards and i really need to get to 10 posts because there are some people i need to PM ahaha
anyways have a great day yall

And happy early birthday.

-- Olivia

Last edited by Orreed; 05-10-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Orreed is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #3597
rachelmarisa
chase the morning, yield for nothing
 
rachelmarisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: the lamest place in the world
Posts: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplemm View Post
heyyy everyone!! I'm a 16 (17 in 10 days) year old girl from Canada 'n i looove disney
I'm new on DISboards and i really need to get to 10 posts because there are some people i need to PM ahaha
anyways have a great day yall
Greeting!! I love Canada - the country and the pavilion!
__________________
+ 1995-2002 Multiple trips to WDW as a child
+ 2008 Fall WDW
+ 2009 Food & Wine fest WDW
+ 2010 WDW for Christmas
+ 2011 16th birthday present: first trip to DL
+ 2013 WDW Spring Break with my best friend
+ 2014 One day at WDW


rachelmarisa is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #3598
wdwgirl4ever
Disney Adventurer
 
wdwgirl4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,304

Lean on me when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend; I'll help you carry on. <3
__________________
Starlight, starbright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight, we'll make a wish and do as dreamers do, and all our wishes.......will come true. <3
Mom Stepdad Dad Me Doug (boyfriend)
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/christilovesryu
wdwgirl4ever is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #3599
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,876

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelmarisa View Post

Hahaha aww I guess we're gonna have to share him

But yeah I mean that's interesting to hear since most Americans assume most Europeans are bilingual! Thank you for reducing my international ignorance!

Nahh they wouldn't miss me haha. Who knows, I'm over it now. Now I'm more focused on getting into a musical theatre camp this summer!
I thought I was the only one who loved Flynn

Haha that is funny considering us Brits often don't really think of ourselves as part of Europe, and certainly not European! We think of Europeans as being glamorous lol. But then I think of Americans as glamorous too- hehe. Possibly ignorant- I'm sure you aren't all movie stars

Omg you go to summer camp that is awesome! I've never been to one- we don't really have them here. I didn't know you were musical or theatrical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post

I'm super excited, but I have finals in the way. But it kinda helps, having something to look forward to after the finals.

Coral Reef gets a bad rap, but we've never had a bad experience there. Plus, the fish tank is so amazing! I think we go for the experience more so than the food anyway.

Oh, just realized I exaggerated the disaster a bit too much. It was just a local disaster, really just for my county. Snow was expected, but the school system was just like "it doesn't look to bad, let's send them to school" Great idea, school system, great idea. It snowed a ton. And everyone was trapped at school/work. Lots of kids had to spend the night at school. I live close enough to school that I didn't, though. The whole county was gridlocked. My dad tried to get home, and a 20 minute drive took him 8 hours! We could have been almost to Disney in that time! A school bus crashed in front of our house. Like 7 random kids were trapped at our house all night! It was pretty crazy. Anyways, now if there's any sign of snow at all, they cancel school.

Thanks for all the advice on restaurants! Whispering Canyon Cafe and Kona both sound great! We usually just grab and go for breakfast, so I've never had to think about it before.
We are in the same boat- I have important exams coming up too that determine whether I can stay in school. Bleh. First one is on Monday and I have them for the next six weeks! Good luck to you- sure you will do great.

Reminded me- quick question- can you leave school at sixteen or is it always eighteen? Always wondered that.

My brother Rory wants to go to coral reef for the same reason as you...! He's eight and very much in awe of the fish tanks! I hate fish though. I'm so fussy.

I don't think that was an exaggeration- that sounds like a terrible disaster! I have never heard of something like that happening before. And to have some school kids stuck at your house all night must have been scary for them...! I would hate to spend the night at school. I can't blame your county for being so cautious now!

You should try out some TS breakfasts. They are so much nicer than a quick 'grab n' go' or whatever. Sometimes we just get a bagel or pastry or whatever from the CS place and rush of to the parks and other times we like to relax, plus I can't pass up Mickey waffles- please say you've tried them!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #3600
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,876

It's a harsh reality when you fit age 8-9 year clothes and you're sixteen years old- almost seventeen. I'm 5"- not that tiny! Are any of you guys small?

Weird because some brands I fit age 12, some age 14 and some age 9 or 10. But age 8 was a shocking reality lol as my brother is eight and I am double that age!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.