Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #3541
disneygirl520
Disney, where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post
I think they did go well, thanks. It determines us graduating High School. Luckily they are pretty easy. No problem, I have a terrible memory too. And I don't think I ever mentioned my second show. I am the Opera Singer in High School Musical currently playing and in May I will be Aunt Ev in the Miracle Worker. (It's about Helen Keller.)

26 hours sounds awful. Luckily we'll probably stop at the Grand Canyon. Plus we want to use a convertible! Car rides make me sick, but I am fine on busses, espically watching stars in the middle of nowhere with no pollution blocking them It's magical.

That's the problem, I also want to do the Disney College Program. Crossing my fingers I can do both. I also want to do a foreign exchange program in an English speaking country. Yikes, those gardens must cost ALOT.
I love the miracle worker! My Junior year in high school we performed it, and I was Annie Sullivan.

Join me for my first PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3158958
Old 04-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #3542
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth

It was a boy and a girl in history, they are both from bad backgrounds so I'd feel bad getting them into too much trouble. I just hope it doesn't happen again. Funny, our schools don't have guidance counsellors, and the teachers are terrible at dealing with anything trololol.

Everyone in the US speaks Spanish!!! I suppose you do border on South America and Mexico. Canadians speak French though don't they?! Or is that just the Canada song in Epcot? Haha.

Wow, you have really short spring breaks. Ours lasts about two and a half weeks. But I suppose you're off for ages during the summer! I've always wanted to go to the Carolinas. It must be warm up there at the moment... Well warmer than here. Ahhhh that sounds so amazing, I've heard a lot about the New York Rangers but will probably never see a game.
I hope it doesn't happen again.
Yeah, I only took two years of Spanish in high school, but that's because I hate all the Spanish teachers. They only offer Spanish, Latin, French, and Chinese at school. Latin is online, this was the last year for French, and Chinese is waaaay too hard, so I was stuck with Spanish. I guess it was a smart choice because English and Spanish are the most spoken languages in America

Our break was 10 days, longer than normal so I'm fine with it lol. Yeah I live in North Carolina and it's pretty nice, except it's been cold which is weird because it's spring and should be at least in the 70s by now.. The Rangers won last night so that was fun, I prefer baseball aka the new York Yankees, but hockey is actually pretty interesting

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #3543
disneygirl520

I just realized I never did this. Anyhow April means...

Bunny antenna topper and...

Lion King calendar page.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #3544
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
Well, we are a year younger when we are in 'Year 6'... Age 10-11. We start Primary School at age four and leave at age 11. Then Secondary School is from age 11- 16. I am in my last year now! Year 11- but I think that is actually 10th Grade. I have just been accepted into a sixth form where I will do A Levels which will determine whether I get into university or not. But less academic pupils go and do vocational courses. I leave in a few months and can't wait to get away from my dreadful school! Oh yeah, there's a lot of Spanish near you. France is really close to us so most schools teach French here. Spanish is more uncommon. I always have wanted to learn French, Italian and Spanish- ikr, too ambitious. Lol.

Omg I love North Carolina!!! Not that I've been there but still. It is my perfect place to live, cold at wintertime and hot at summertime. Guess there's a cold streak worldwide- it's freezing here and I am fed up of the rain and cold and snow.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Wow, that's confusing. I have no idea what "A levels" or "sixth form" means! The grade system is pretty different here. You start at age 5, and go to elementary school until age 10, middle school from 11-13, and high school from 14-18. (give or take). Then, you can choose to go to college.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #3545
disneygirl520

I'm pretty sure Disney movies are what get me through life.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #3546
Orreed
Olivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520

I love the miracle worker! My Junior year in high school we performed it, and I was Annie Sullivan.
That's awesome! Did the play go well?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #3547
disneygirl520

Quote:
That's awesome! Did the play go well?
Yeah, it was a few years ago but it was by far my favorite part I have ever played!!

Old 04-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #3548
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed
At High School Musical, a play I did today, Frankie Jonas watched it. After he was talking to some of the cast, but they were not really my friends and I was not that interested in talking to him. He then walked into the dressing room, how awkard. Luckily I wasn't changing. He asked if he was aloud there and we said "No......"
I didn't know who Frankie Jonas was so had to look him up! I wouldn't have been bothered about meeting him either. I hate it when people walk into the dressing rooms... Lol.

Quote:
I think they did go well, thanks. It determines us graduating High School. Luckily they are pretty easy. No problem, I have a terrible memory too. And I don't think I ever mentioned my second show. I am the Opera Singer in High School Musical currently playing and in May I will be Aunt Ev in the Miracle Worker. (It's about Helen Keller.)

26 hours sounds awful. Luckily we'll probably stop at the Grand Canyon. Plus we want to use a convertible! Car rides make me sick, but I am fine on busses, espically watching stars in the middle of nowhere with no pollution blocking them It's magical.

That's the problem, I also want to do the Disney College Program. Crossing my fingers I can do both. I also want to do a foreign exchange program in an English speaking country. Yikes, those gardens must cost ALOT.
That sounds scary! What grade are you in? High school goes up to 12th grade right? Anyway, I really hope you did well! Ah that is so cool, how did your opera singing go? And I had to look up the Miracle Worker too, haha, it looks like a touching movie so I'm going to see if I can watch it tomorrow. Is Helen Keller famous or something? I sound totally clueless, haha.

That's so cool- it's an ambition of mine to visit the Grand Canyon! Omg you should rent an RV and go that way! Well... If you can sleep in your bed while it is driving otherwise no. Yeah, I like to sit in the front to not get car sick but my brothers both have the same idea lol.

Haha who knows I may bump into you working in the parks!!! And wow you can always come here . My friends had the chance to do an exchange in Boston... I'm jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast

I hope it doesn't happen again.
Yeah, I only took two years of Spanish in high school, but that's because I hate all the Spanish teachers. They only offer Spanish, Latin, French, and Chinese at school. Latin is online, this was the last year for French, and Chinese is waaaay too hard, so I was stuck with Spanish. I guess it was a smart choice because English and Spanish are the most spoken languages in America

Our break was 10 days, longer than normal so I'm fine with it lol. Yeah I live in North Carolina and it's pretty nice, except it's been cold which is weird because it's spring and should be at least in the 70s by now.. The Rangers won last night so that was fun, I prefer baseball aka the new York Yankees, but hockey is actually pretty interesting
Isn't Chinese the symbol letters things? Yep- I would stay away from that, haha. We don't do any online classes- it sounds interesting! You must be good at speaking Spanish then! My French teacher hates me and so like you I've been put off the subject. And ikr, when we flew into Miami everything was in Spanish it was amazing!!!

North Carolina is near to a lot of cool places... Must be a nice place to live. Are there mountains and nice scenery or is it 'boring' like Florida? Is your hockey on the ice??? We have it just on plain ground, bleh. Omggg the New York Yankees they are amazing and so popular here, but baseball is non existant.

Quote:
I just realized I never did this. Anyhow April means...

Bunny antenna topper and...

Lion King calendar page.
Love it! I have to get next year's calendar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey

Wow, that's confusing. I have no idea what "A levels" or "sixth form" means! The grade system is pretty different here. You start at age 5, and go to elementary school until age 10, middle school from 11-13, and high school from 14-18. (give or take). Then, you can choose to go to college.
So why do you have middle school and high school separately? Are they really different? Wow I'm half way thru high school now! I think it's like all the Disney Channel shows but I'm guessing I'm wrong haha.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Disney movies are what get me through life.
Me too. I actually cried watching Cinderella the other day. It is such a beautiful movie!

Quote:

Yeah, it was a few years ago but it was by far my favorite part I have ever played!!
Wow so you like acting too? I was in Alice in Wonderland a few months ago and it failed haha.

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

Old 04-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #3549
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Isn't Chinese the symbol letters things? Yep- I would stay away from that, haha. We don't do any online classes- it sounds interesting! You must be good at speaking Spanish then! My French teacher hates me and so like you I've been put off the subject. And ikr, when we flew into Miami everything was in Spanish it was amazing!!!

North Carolina is near to a lot of cool places... Must be a nice place to live. Are there mountains and nice scenery or is it 'boring' like Florida? Is your hockey on the ice??? We have it just on plain ground, bleh. Omggg the New York Yankees they are amazing and so popular here, but baseball is non existant.
North Carolina actually has three regions, mountains on the west, the Piedmont in the middle (flat land), and the beaches on the east. Yeah, it's ice hockey. It looks crazy hard to play... but I can't ice skate so that would be my problem. REALLY? That makes me so happy haha, but I wouldn't doubt that the Yankees are probably the most well known baseball team around the world

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 04-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #3550
Orreed
Olivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
Oh haha awesome. Glad it's a good show!

Quote:
I didn't know who Frankie Jonas was so had to look him up! I wouldn't have been bothered about meeting him either. I hate it when people walk into the dressing rooms... Lol.

That sounds scary! What grade are you in? High school goes up to 12th grade right? Anyway, I really hope you did well! Ah that is so cool, how did your opera singing go? And I had to look up the Miracle Worker too, haha, it looks like a touching movie so I'm going to see if I can watch it tomorrow. Is Helen Keller famous or something? I sound totally clueless, haha.

That's so cool- it's an ambition of mine to visit the Grand Canyon! Omg you should rent an RV and go that way! Well... If you can sleep in your bed while it is driving otherwise no. Yeah, I like to sit in the front to not get car sick but my brothers both have the same idea lol.

Haha who knows I may bump into you working in the parks!!! And wow you can always come here . My friends had the chance to do an exchange in Boston... I'm jealous!

Yeah, he was in Ponyo and I think some of Jonas, but not that famous. Hey Frankie, just because your brothers are famous does not mean you can walk into other peoples dressing rooms. It was really odd...

A RV would be a good idea! Luckily my sister is younger so usually I get the front.

That would be awesome if we worked in the parks at the same time!Boston is an awesome city, my dad was born. That's true, Disney College is my first pick. But also doing a foreign exchange program would be a fantastic addition!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #3551
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Quote:
Did you go then in 2011? If so, we were probably there at the same time! I flew back home at about 7pm on the 25th August. I love WDW in August even though others say its horrible!
Hmm, probably, except the 25th is usually my first day and those are always spent in MK. But on my last trip, I did hang out with a DISer who never really comes on here anymore, but we still talk often.

I don't really see what's bad about WDW in August. Besides the brazillian tour groups, it's actually nice.

https://twitter.com/#!/TylerFG
Old 04-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #3552
Orreed
Olivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerFG View Post
Hmm, probably, except the 25th is usually my first day and those are always spent in MK. But on my last trip, I did hang out with a DISer who never really comes on here anymore, but we still talk often.

I don't really see what's bad about WDW in August. Besides the brazillian tour groups, it's actually nice.

My visit in the summer (June) was really nice. But after going in the not hot and crowded January, I can see why summer is not a first pick. Going at this time makes people spoiled. Really any time at Disney is a great time although. I'd be much happier going in the off season, but still would be thrilled going in the summer. You are lucky you can go in late August, my school starts then. I heard it's less busy then the rest of Summer.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #3553
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Quote:
My visit in the summer (June) was really nice. But after going in the not hot and crowded January, I can see why summer is not a first pick. Going at this time makes people spoiled. Really any time at Disney is a great time although. I'd be much happier going in the off season, but still would be thrilled going in the summer. You are lucky you can go in late August, my school starts then. I heard it's less busy then the rest of Summer.
Yeah, it's really nice, but really hot then. But the crowds aren't as bad as when I used to go in July.

https://twitter.com/#!/TylerFG
Old 04-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #3554
disneygirl520

Today I declared a best friend day! I needed today.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #3555
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast

North Carolina actually has three regions, mountains on the west, the Piedmont in the middle (flat land), and the beaches on the east. Yeah, it's ice hockey. It looks crazy hard to play... but I can't ice skate so that would be my problem. REALLY? That makes me so happy haha, but I wouldn't doubt that the Yankees are probably the most well known baseball team around the world
That's really cool! You get the best of everything, basically! Beaches and mountains together sounds amazing. I've always wanted to ice skate but ice hockey looks dangerous... Like rugby but on ice! Yeah, that is true. We often get the team confused with people just calling Americans 'Yankees'. I don't know why we even do that.

Btw, I just read the start of your TR and omg I love it! I am sooooo jealous of your tan... And your Minnie ears. But especially your tan. I'd love a tan.

Quote:

Oh haha awesome. Glad it's a good show!

Yeah, he was in Ponyo and I think some of Jonas, but not that famous. Hey Frankie, just because your brothers are famous does not mean you can walk into other peoples dressing rooms. It was really odd...

A RV would be a good idea! Luckily my sister is younger so usually I get the front.

That would be awesome if we worked in the parks at the same time!Boston is an awesome city, my dad was born. That's true, Disney College is my first pick. But also doing a foreign exchange program would be a fantastic addition!!!
Okay, I have to admit I just watched the miracle worker on YouTube and it was amazing! I looked to see if there were other movies like it... But couldn't find any. Surely it must've been hard someone doing all the sign language.

What happened to Jonas? I didn't like that TV programme much, and I haven't heard much from the Jonas brothers recently. Wonder where they got to. Did he seem like a nice guy? Walking into a dressing room... Well it sounds like he did that on purpose, haha.

My brother is 14, exactly two years younger than me (miraculously we share the same birthday) but overpowers me and often gets in the front. Noooo fair! You're lucky getting to get in the front the most, haha.

Do you even have to go to college to do the DCP? I'll just look out for an Olivia at the parks then. That is so cool, that your dad is born in Boston. It's terrible what happened there recently. It's been on the news a lot here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerFG

That's really cool that you get to meet with DISers. I've never had that opportunity sadly. I'd love to make some friends over in America, that's for sure!

Ironically, we didn't see any Brazilian tour groups on our August trip! We saw lots of tour groups- but they seemed more Mexican than Brazilian, haha. And they really weren't bad at all that I can remember.

Quote:

Are the Disney pools still warm in January? We're going in October which will probably be warmer than January, but the hot weather is important to us and we really want warm pools!!!

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: