Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #3046
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerFG

Yeah, true. I grew up with it, so of course I still love it today!
It is nice to meet a boy who likes Disney! We need to advertise and get some more boys over here haha.

I didn't grow up with Disney as such, I just became obsessed with it as a teenager. I think it's a great thing to be in love with though, I mean better than Call of Duty and Halo and all those things. (That my brother plays non stop. Ugh.)

It does bug me when my parents think I'm sad or pathetic for liking Disney. They never say that but they do imply it sometimes. We live in the UK so aren't near WDW or Disneyland. We do have DLP but that is expensive and bad. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

Old 01-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #3047
meggiebeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings
I'm sure a lot of people grew up with Disney. What I think the problem is Disney has become "uncool" and/or "babyish" to most teens, and I think some people might actually secretly like Disney, but want to be cool and so pretend not to like it.

Now, I don't go around saying I like Doisney at school, but for different reasons. I'm different, and I've had a history of bullying, and becaue I'm different and sometimes blunt people tend not to like me, and there's a lot of jerks at my school, so I don't mention Disney at school so as not to get targeted.
My school has loads of nasty people, and I've been bullied in the past too. My friends know I love Disney, but no one else. I wouldn't advertise my love for Disney because then... Everyone would look at me weirdly and make snarky comments.

I just think they would love Disney too if they went to WDW and saw what it was really about. My school is in a really poor area so most people have never even been out of the country.

In the US Disney seems to be aimed at kids and adults- product wise. Here, it is mainly kids products and I wistfully sigh when I see all the amazing things you guys can buy from your Disney store.

I am also going through a phase of loving America, as you can probably tell!

~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #3048
meggiebeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditz
Hi, I am Samantha(Sam) and I just wanted to give a holla.
Hi Sam!!!

Welcome to the DISboards, and hope you have a great weekend!

Old 01-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #3049
Ditz
I'd Rather Be On The Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
Hi Sam!!!

Welcome to the DISboards, and hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks meggiebeth. I am enjoying the RP game tonight.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #3050
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
My school has loads of nasty people, and I've been bullied in the past too. My friends know I love Disney, but no one else. I wouldn't advertise my love for Disney because then... Everyone would look at me weirdly and make snarky comments.

I just think they would love Disney too if they went to WDW and saw what it was really about. My school is in a really poor area so most people have never even been out of the country.

In the US Disney seems to be aimed at kids and adults- product wise. Here, it is mainly kids products and I wistfully sigh when I see all the amazing things you guys can buy from your Disney store.

I am also going through a phase of loving America, as you can probably tell!

Yup I'm a Canadian, so I love Canada, but America's pretty cool too. I've lived here longer. And I have American blood as well.

That's probably exactly what the kids at my school would do. Why people feel the need to be cruel to other people is beyond me.

Yes, I think if they could actually go and see what Disney really is, then more people may like it.

That must suck. I've been disappointed by the lack of Brave things for adults. I saw it this summer and fell in love with it. It's become one of my obsessions, I even dyed my hair red. So I bet it sucks to have almost everything limited to kids.
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Coulson:"Because nothing bad ever happens when you work with something called the DarkForce."
Loki: "Well done, you just decapitated your grandfather."
Hill: “Sir, evacuation may be futile.” Fury: “We should tell them to go back to sleep?”
Thor: "Mother wouldn't want us to fight." Loki: "Well, she wouldn't exactly be surprised."
Rogers: “Doctor Banner… now might be a good time to get angry.” Banner: “That’s my secret, Cap… I’m always angry.”
Red Skull: ”Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?” Rogers: ”Nothing. I’m just a kid from Brooklyn.”
Stark: "The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mighiest Heroes" type thing."
Thor: "We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Loki: "I remember a shadow, living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss, I who was and should be king!"
Natasha: "This is just like Budapest all over again." Barton: "You and I remember Budapest very differently."
Loki: "Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Natasha: "Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was." Loki: "And what are you now?" Natasha: "It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." Loki: "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?... Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's GUSHING red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!... I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is MY bargain, you mewling quim!"
Old 01-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #3051
meggiebeth

Quote:
Thanks meggiebeth. I am enjoying the RP game tonight.
I may sound totally stupid, but what is the RP game?

I'm Meg by the way. Nice to meet you!

Old 01-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #3052
Ditz

Quote:
I may sound totally stupid, but what is the RP game?

I'm Meg by the way. Nice to meet you!

It is a Role Playing game. You make up a character and write out what they do.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #3053
meggiebeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings

Yup I'm a Canadian, so I love Canada, but America's pretty cool too. I've lived here longer. And I have American blood as well.

That's probably exactly what the kids at my school would do. Why people feel the need to be cruel to other people is beyond me.

Yes, I think if they could actually go and see what Disney really is, then more people may like it.

That must suck. I've been disappointed by the lack of Brave things for adults. I saw it this summer and fell in love with it. It's become one of my obsessions, I even dyed my hair red. So I bet it sucks to have almost everything limited to kids.
You're CANADIAN!!! Sorry lol, I have never met a Canadian before. You're quite similar to America though I am guessing.

People at my school go round beating eachother up and all sorts. They also throw drinks at you. I feel like I'm in a zoo- kinda really out of place. So best not stand out.

That's really adventurous dying your hair red! You must be obsessed with Brave to actually be that brave! My dad is Scottish and I'm half Scottish so we all love Brave too! You'll have to come to Scotland sometime, it looks just as amazing as the movie!

There's actually an 'Art of Brave' book that I was going to get. That's aimed at adults but the rest... I'm with you... For kids

Hope you had a good Christmas btw. It's sad that we are taking down our decorations this weekend. The Easter stuff is already in the supermarkets, 4 months early!

Old 01-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #3054
meggiebeth

Quote:
It is a Role Playing game. You make up a character and write out what they do.
Oh, have fun! I thought it was like, a baseball game or something! Charades!

Old 01-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #3055
Ditz

Quote:
Oh, have fun! I thought it was like, a baseball game or something! Charades!

I would love to be playing Volleyball. That is one of my favorite sports.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #3056
meggiebeth

Quote:
I've never played volleyball. I love badminton though. Football (soccer) is really popular here and that drives me crazy.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #3057
Ditz

I haven't played badminton except in Gym Class. I also love playing soccer or as the English call it football.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #3058
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
You're CANADIAN!!! Sorry lol, I have never met a Canadian before. You're quite similar to America though I am guessing.

People at my school go round beating eachother up and all sorts. They also throw drinks at you. I feel like I'm in a zoo- kinda really out of place. So best not stand out.

That's really adventurous dying your hair red! You must be obsessed with Brave to actually be that brave! My dad is Scottish and I'm half Scottish so we all love Brave too! You'll have to come to Scotland sometime, it looks just as amazing as the movie!

There's actually an 'Art of Brave' book that I was going to get. That's aimed at adults but the rest... I'm with you... For kids

Hope you had a good Christmas btw. It's sad that we are taking down our decorations this weekend. The Easter stuff is already in the supermarkets, 4 months early!

Yeah, it's pretty cool. Pretty similar, slightly different though in some ways.

Oh yes, there's lots of fighting at my school too. This is a little exaggerated on my part, but you could say, "There was a fight today." the same way you could say "It's raining." Haven't actually seen a fight at school though. Yeah, I try not to stand out.

Thanks! For a little while I was hesitant to because some people call redheads "souless gingers" but in the end I didn't care. And I haven't been called it once this year(except by my older brother - but what can you do?). My dad wants to go one year and I'm totally up for it. I'm sure it does look amazing.

I've thought about that, but never got it. I do have a Merida pin and Christmas ornament though.

I had a pretty good Christmas. We've already packed up our Christmas stuff, but I have a few disney christmas ornaments I keep as decorations in my room. My mom also keeps out her Cinderella glass slipper ornament. Valentine's Day(which I only like because my mom gives me chocolate) usually comes first, and it's probably out now, but once February 15th hits it's suddenly Easter time.
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Coulson:"Because nothing bad ever happens when you work with something called the DarkForce."
Hill: “Sir, evacuation may be futile.” Fury: “We should tell them to go back to sleep?”
Thor: "Mother wouldn't want us to fight." Loki: "Well, she wouldn't exactly be surprised."
Rogers: “Doctor Banner… now might be a good time to get angry.” Banner: “That’s my secret, Cap… I’m always angry.”
Red Skull: ”Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?” Rogers: ”Nothing. I’m just a kid from Brooklyn.”
Stark: "The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mighiest Heroes" type thing."
Thor: "We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Loki: "I remember a shadow, living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss, I who was and should be king!"
Natasha: "This is just like Budapest all over again." Barton: "You and I remember Budapest very differently."
Loki: "Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Natasha: "Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was." Loki: "And what are you now?" Natasha: "It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." Loki: "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?... Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's GUSHING red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!... I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is MY bargain, you mewling quim!"
Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #3059
Fairywings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditz View Post
Quote:
I've never played volleyball. I love badminton though. Football (soccer) is really popular here and that drives me crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditz View Post
I haven't played badminton except in Gym Class. I also love playing soccer or as the English call it football.
The only sport I can play is hockey. Even then, I don't have the best coordination.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #3060
Ditz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
The only sport I can play is hockey. Even then, I don't have the best coordination.
I never played Ice Hockey although I think it would be loads of fun.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: