Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #3001
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post
Agreed! And I thought you'd enjoy this picture off of pintrest
I loved Kim Possible!
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #3002
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post
Agreed! And I thought you'd enjoy this picture off of pintrest
I agree with so much of this, except I actually do find Shake It Up bearable out of all of the newest ones. Good Luck Charlie is good too. Looking back, On Deck was really not funny, and actually kind of painful to watch. But my all time fave DC show has to be Phil of the Future. Now, I'm a Whovian (Doctor Who fan), so I'm guessing part of that came from Phil of the Future. :P

https://twitter.com/#!/TylerFG
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #3003
Orreed
Olivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
I loved Kim Possible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerFG View Post
I agree with so much of this, except I actually do find Shake It Up bearable out of all of the newest ones. Good Luck Charlie is good too. Looking back, On Deck was really not funny, and actually kind of painful to watch. But my all time fave DC show has to be Phil of the Future. Now, I'm a Whovian (Doctor Who fan), so I'm guessing part of that came from Phil of the Future. :P
I actually did not watch a lot of Disney Channel shows when I was younger (Mom was strict about television) but I'v seen some are are SO much better. Although I did not grow up with Lizzie and everyone loved the movie and having to see it his year (I was in the musical) it was awful. I will agree Good Luck Charlie is not that bad, I guess the thing with Shake it Up is the little boy drives me nuts. Sometimes I wonder if shows are really better or were just bias, but I feel they used to be more creative and less obnoxious. Plus, it drives me crazy when my sister says she's watched the same episode of Kickin' It ten times in a month O_O haha. That's cute with Dr. Who, I'v never made that connection.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #3004
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
I had to read Julius Caeser.
Hmm...I have not read that one. Is it good? I have to read Great Expectations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney~Cutie View Post
Pretty good. Kinda boring I guess haha! Just a lot of school work and what not
I totally feel your pain.

~Abbs/Abby

Follow me on twitter: @___hardy (that's three underscores by the way)

"We can just lay back and look at the stars." -Lady Sybil Crawley

All Star Sports 2000~Paradise Pier (Disneyland) 2002~All Star Sports 2003~Pop Century 2005~Wilderness Lodge 2008~French Quarter 2008~All Star Movies 2008~Riverside 2009~French Quarter 2010~French Quarter 2011~French Quarter 2012~Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013~Riverside 2013~French Quarter 2014~Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014
Old 01-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #3005
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Hey, you guys should go follow my Disney twitter. I finally got sick of tons of DISers following my personal account. I felt like I had to be cautious of everything I tweeted. So, go tell everyone to follow my Disney one!! Haha but really. I am desperate. I feel like such a loner with like...one follower.

princessabby13

~Abbs/Abby

Follow me on twitter: @___hardy (that's three underscores by the way)

"We can just lay back and look at the stars." -Lady Sybil Crawley

All Star Sports 2000~Paradise Pier (Disneyland) 2002~All Star Sports 2003~Pop Century 2005~Wilderness Lodge 2008~French Quarter 2008~All Star Movies 2008~Riverside 2009~French Quarter 2010~French Quarter 2011~French Quarter 2012~Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013~Riverside 2013~French Quarter 2014~Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014
Old 01-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #3006
Squirt the turtle
Earning My Ears

I read Great Expectations last year. It was pretty good.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #3007
Experiment113
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt the turtle
I read Great Expectations last year. It was pretty good.
Glad you liked it. I disliked it though. :|
Old 01-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #3008
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionKingDramaQueen View Post
Hmm...I have not read that one. Is it good? I have to read Great Expectations...

I totally feel your pain.
Meh. Okay but not great.
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Old 01-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #3009
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionKingDramaQueen View Post
Hey, you guys should go follow my Disney twitter. I finally got sick of tons of DISers following my personal account. I felt like I had to be cautious of everything I tweeted. So, go tell everyone to follow my Disney one!! Haha but really. I am desperate. I feel like such a loner with like...one follower.

princessabby13
Followed!

Old 01-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #3010
Squirt the turtle
Earning My Ears

I don't know what to get into next.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #3011
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

nevermind

Last edited by TylerFG; 01-02-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #3012
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed

I actually did not watch a lot of Disney Channel shows when I was younger (Mom was strict about television) but I'v seen some are are SO much better. Although I did not grow up with Lizzie and everyone loved the movie and having to see it his year (I was in the musical) it was awful. I will agree Good Luck Charlie is not that bad, I guess the thing with Shake it Up is the little boy drives me nuts. Sometimes I wonder if shows are really better or were just bias, but I feel they used to be more creative and less obnoxious. Plus, it drives me crazy when my sister says she's watched the same episode of Kickin' It ten times in a month O_O haha. That's cute with Dr. Who, I'v never made that connection.
The two girls in shake it up really bug me. They seem kind of arrogant and irritating I guess. Besides it's just sooooo unrealistic.

I used to love Hannah Montana, Lizzie McGuire, Wizards of Waverly Place and the Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Everything since then has gone sort of downhill.

I also loved High School Musical when it came out. I was quite young at the time but that was an amazing movie!!!

Also, if you watch all the different series from the past ten years the jokes are literally all the same!!! So I would agree with you that they have gotten more unoriginal.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #3013
Squirt the turtle
Earning My Ears

The only Disney show that I really liked is Wizards Of Waverly Place.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #3014
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt the turtle View Post
The only Disney show that I really liked is Wizards Of Waverly Place.
I miss that show! Besides that, Good Luck Charlie, My Babysitter's a Vampire and Gravity Falls, it was one of the few shows I care about.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #3015
Squirt the turtle
Earning My Ears

Good Luck Charlie can be funny sometimes.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: