Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which name is your favourite?
Robert 20 22.73%
Peter 15 17.05%
Roderick (Rory) 30 34.09%
Ewan 23 26.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #76
RachVH
Mouseketeer

Sending you and your family prayers and strength...and lots of hugs
RachVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #77
Alysa
DIS Veteran

The funeral was yesterday. Hopefully the worst two weeks of my life are now over. Just finished reading through all your kind words. Thank you to Jenny, Elle, Minnie, Amanda, Dugette, Rach and Aurora. Welcome DisneyMom5, thank you for reading.

Life lessons I have learned this past week.
1. Call your mom every day, even when she drives you crazy, just to tell her you love her.
2. Stay healthy, eat right, quit smoking, visit your doctor regularly, exercise.
3. Make sure you have your and your spouse's funerals planned. Write goodbye letters to your children. Make a will. Choose whether you want to be cremated or buried, religious service or life celebration at vero. Pick your favourite music and flowers. If you want a religious service make sure you have at least one music choice that is suitable.
4. Most important! If you are in the middle of the vigil with your brother and sister at your mother's bedside for two weeks while she passes away from liver cancer, and you take a break to go home to sleep in your own bed for one night and go out with your children to dinner and a movie to celebrate the last day of school, DO NOT SEE BRAVE!!!!!!

to you all for your support. Now off you go, call your mum!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #78
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I just called her. Thank you. And you poor thing, we just saw Brave today, not the best movie to see for you!! I have been checking in daily here to see how you are doing. Still sending hugs.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #79
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Oh, my. We just saw Brave on the 4th. Totally understand...not the best movie to see at this moment in your life. Good tips, though.
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:27 AM   #80
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

So sorry to hear your sad news. for you and your family!
How DH Saved Mother's Day with a SURPRISE Trip to WDW! 2012 July PTR
JoshAndEvsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #81
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Alysa: I'm so sorry... I wish there was a different ending for your mum. I admire your strength and hope you see brighter days soon.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:20 AM   #82
Alysa
DIS Veteran

395 days today, we are into the 300's! I've been trying hard to stay positive and think of all my blessings. But really, I just miss my mum. I've kind of been hiding from everyone lately, I just don't really want to think about or talk to anyone about her, I just keep bursting into tears. I've been reading the discworld series for something humorous to keep my mind off things.
Last weekend we went camping in Algonquin and that was lovely too just looking out at the water a lot and enjoying the kids.

We also did a Great Mouse Detective movie night. We had crumpets and the Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier, and we made a paper craft of Big Ben. It took forever to do but the kids enjoyed cutting it out and assembling it. Not sure which movie night we are going to do tomorrow, I'll go shopping in the morning and figure something fun (and easy) out. Here is the recipe for the soup (my daughter says it's her new all time favourite soup recipe) and the link to the paper craft as well.

78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Last edited by Alysa; 07-22-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #83
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Alysa - at least your ticker is moving... in the right direction!

Our server at LC gave us the recipe for the soup last time but I'm too intimidated to try it. I don't want to spoil the image of the amazingness of of that soup by trying to make it myself. (Read between the lines that I'm not that great of a cook!)

So sorry about the part of you that is missing your mum... honestly, I don't know what to say since that kind of loss is so profound that there is no "fixing" it. Wishing you a brighter day!

Take care.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #84
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi Alysa

Nice picture from Algonquin...it is lovely there isn;t it. I am in complete awe of your Big Ben!! Great job!

I am sorry you are having a difficult time...
Old 07-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #85
lilmissie
Mouseketeer

Just joining in now. I am also expecting but not due until Feb and intend to take the family (new addition included with us next year) I am so sorry about your mom
Old 07-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #86
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize until now that you had a PTR! I'm subbing now and I'll be back to read later

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #87
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Alysa, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother passing. I don't know what else to say.

Your family is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on the little boy on the way! Your Star Wars movie night looked amazing. Those Princess Leia cupcakes were adorable and the crafts you did with your kids were too cute. I also liked your Muppets night and your Treasure Planet night. The Treasure Planet cupcakes were so pretty! I've seen something very similar on Pinterest. You're good

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #88
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

I'm glad you got to get away to someplace peaceful to get your mind off things. That's important.

Your movie night looks like fun! I may have to try that cheese soup recipe myself.
How DH Saved Mother's Day with a SURPRISE Trip to WDW! 2012 July PTR
JoshAndEvsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #89
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Hi Brenda, The soup did take a while to make so not wanting to wreck the memory of it is a very good reason for you to go back soon!

Hi Jenny, We do love our Algonquin trips, so lovely and peaceful. Are you planning a trip there this summer? The Big Ben craft worked out nicely because now whenever the kids see it on the Olympics they get very excited about visiting England with me.

Hi lilmissie, Welcome and congratulations on your new little one! Everyone here (with the exception of Robert) is born in February (great month!). I look forward to hearing about your trip!

Hi Erin, The movie nights are keeping me focused on doing something fun for the kids. So glad you like them! We are still working on finishing the Sleeping Beauty craft (HARD!). I think maybe the next one will probably be Robin Hood? Ooo-da-lally!

Hi Lauren, The trip to Algonquin was lovely. My husband wants to go again but I am close to being WAY too pregnant to go. I've been trying to exercise but even stairs are getting tough. Try the soup - it was great!

Thanks to everyone for all your kind words!

Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #90
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Tron movie night

Eek! My son's new camera from his grandmother has gone missing! We've done quite a few movie nights this past month but we were at the rink on Monday with it and now the camera is GONE! I'm sure it will turn up, right? It will turn up. Yep.
It has all our Sleeping Beauty, Lilo and Stitch, Make Mine Music and Lion King movie night photos on it too! Anyway, no worries because it will turn up. So we used the big fancy one tonight and got some good ones of Tron.

We painted frisbies black and glued glow necklaces to them, I made disc cupcakes with glow stick bracelets and we had blue juice and added the kids glowing ice cubes from Artist's Point. Then we went out with our dog for a disc game. A fun night was had by all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: