Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which name is your favourite?
Robert 20 22.73%
Peter 15 17.05%
Roderick (Rory) 30 34.09%
Ewan 23 26.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #61
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Well yesterday we were FINALLY supposed to be doing Snow White for our movie night but they kids and I had the great idea that since it was Father's Day and we would be spending the weekend with our own dads that we would devote Friday night to my husband. So we let him pick and he chose Treasure Planet!

I had the kids make the crafts before my husband got home. My daughter did a beautiful canvas of a starry sky and my son painted a ball like the map. Our night officially began with opening presents. We gave him the crafts as well as the pirate's drink of choice, a bottle of Appleton's Jamaican Rum.

For dinner we made Alponian chowder (I meant to pick up dog bowls at the dollar store to serve it in but I totally forgot). I was trying to keep the movie nights healthy and not serve cupcakes every time but my husband told me that because we almost never make desserts that he thought that was crazy, so "Bring on the cupcakes!". I also gave the kids little chocolate gold doubloons as a snack.

Fun time was had by all! Next week I think will be Brave. Poor Snow White, will we ever get to her?
430 days!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #62
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my gosh, I LOVE your movie nights! I'm showing my son your Star Wars crafts right now! He's going to love it.
Hi Lauren! So pleased! I know you have a Star Wars fan too. You should check out that craft book - it's so great and everything in it is so easy! I've ordered the same author's "DK Learn to Draw Star Wars" for my son for Christmas too.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #63
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Signing on! love your disney movie nights. I really need to start doing more of those with my nieces and nephews! BTW... your pregnancy makes me really happy! I have been a bit sad lately because me and DH are so "old" --- (people all around tend to have babies when they are in their 20s, so I am older at 31), but you give me hope! I can do this, even if I don't have a kid until mid-late 30s!! =)
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #64
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
BTW... your pregnancy makes me really happy! I have been a bit sad lately because me and DH are so "old" --- (people all around tend to have babies when they are in their 20s, so I am older at 31), but you give me hope! I can do this, even if I don't have a kid until mid-late 30s!! =)
I didn't have my girl until I was 30, after a heart-breaking miscarriage (at Disney) and lots of trouble during pregnancy. It was nothing like what you are going through though and we have best friends who are still struggling in exactly your situation. I know nothing I can say will help but I think having read your pre-trip that you guys will be great parents and that your time is coming. I can't wait to hear about you both taking your happy healthy little one to Disney for the first time.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #65
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
I didn't have my girl until I was 30, after a heart-breaking miscarriage (at Disney) and lots of trouble during pregnancy. It was nothing like what you are going through though and we have best friends who are still struggling in exactly your situation. I know nothing I can say will help but I think having read your pre-trip that you guys will be great parents and that your time is coming. I can't wait to hear about you both taking your happy healthy little one to Disney for the first time.
Ohh! Thanks so much! This was EXACTLY what I needed today! =)
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #66
AuroraRose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Signing on! love your disney movie nights. I really need to start doing more of those with my nieces and nephews! BTW... your pregnancy makes me really happy! I have been a bit sad lately because me and DH are so "old" --- (people all around tend to have babies when they are in their 20s, so I am older at 31), but you give me hope! I can do this, even if I don't have a kid until mid-late 30s!! =)
Oh my goodness, I am right there with you. I am 31 as well and I've been sad and a bit anxious that I am "too old" to start having kids now. Always nice to get a little dose of reality when I start feeling that way.

My Disney Blog:DisneyKara
AuroraRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #67
AuroraRose
Mouseketeer

What a cool movie night! It sounds like it was a lot of fun!
Quote:
I was trying to keep the movie nights healthy and not serve cupcakes every time but my husband told me that because we almost never make desserts that he thought that was crazy, so "Bring on the cupcakes!". I also gave the kids little chocolate gold doubloons as a snack.
Hehe, Yeah, that was our thought process too. We don't do desserts usually, so these have been fun!

Quote:
Fun time was had by all! Next week I think will be Brave. Poor Snow White, will we ever get to her?
430 days!
We're doing Brave this weekend as well! I am so excited to see it! Are you doing an actual party this time around, or just enjoying the movie?

Old 07-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #68
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Rest in peace Mum

My beautiful mum passed away today.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #69
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I can't believe what I just read...I am so so sorry to hear this. I am thinking of you and your family. What a beautiful woman, you must be devastated. Big hugs to you
Old 07-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #70
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Alysa, I am so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. You and your family are my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself and Baby Robert.

What a sweet picture of your mom and Minnie!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #71
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

I am so very sorry! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
amandaluvsgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:48 AM   #72
Lady Elle
Mouseketeer

sorry to hear that.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #73
Dugette
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about your mom.
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #74
AuroraRose
Mouseketeer

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. There are no words, but I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. -hugs-

Old 07-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #75
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your pre-trippie!
I had my youngest at 42. So it definitely can be done...gracefully? LOL
Congrats! That's the BEST surprise one can get.

Quote:
I had two in my late twenties, 5 after age 31, and 1 in my 40s. You're not too old!!! [None of them have any genetic issues, for what it's worth.]

Quote:

My beautiful mum passed away today.
SOOOOO sorry about your mom!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: