Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





View Poll Results: Which name is your favourite?
Robert 20 22.73%
Peter 15 17.05%
Roderick (Rory) 30 34.09%
Ewan 23 26.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #46
Alysa
DIS Veteran
 
Alysa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,184

So we finally took a photo of the Chewbacca bird feeder (birdfeeder of death) and here are the photos of our Star Wars weekend movie night. The kids watched A New Hope.

We made Princess Leia cupcakes...


An AT-AT planter...


And a Chewbacca birdfeeder!


We did the Muppets with my sister's kids last weekend. Photos to follow!
GOT to find out how to re-size these images! Sorry about that!

Okay, I thought I figured it out but they are still huge. Is there a time delay? Because I admit I am not a patient person as a rule.
__________________
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life

Last edited by Alysa; 06-12-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #47
RachVH
Mouseketeer
 
RachVH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northwestern PA
Posts: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post

Hi Rach! Of course getting an annual pass is the only logical step. It's practically cheaper than the park hopper, PLUS you get discounts on lots of things so it's practically FREE! PLUS since you have the annual pass, it only makes sense that you get your money's worth and go more than once in one year! PLUS, since you are planning a second trip, it only makes sense to stop off while on your Disneymoon and take a look at the DVC booth.
See how I did that there? I'm an old hand at it.
Exactly, I mean, it makes perfect sense, doesn't it?
RachVH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #48
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
So we finally took a photo of the Chewbacca bird feeder (birdfeeder of death) and here are the photos of our Star Wars weekend movie night. The kids watched A New Hope.

We made Princess Leia cupcakes...


An AT-AT planter...


And a Chewbacca birdfeeder!


We did the Muppets with my sister's kids last weekend. Photos to follow!
GOT to find out how to re-size these images! Sorry about that!

Okay, I thought I figured it out but they are still huge. Is there a time delay? Because I admit I am not a patient person as a rule.

OMG! I love the cupcakes! Someone is very creative in your house! I think we will be headed to SW weekends next may! We have narrowed down our dates for our 2 trips next year!! And DH has to have his Star Wars fix if I am getting my DCL fix on our other trip! I will be showing those pics to him when he gets home!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #49
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran
 
Chicago Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 4,093

I'm Jumping on! Following you from the movie night thread!!!

Congratulations on your BABY BOY!!!! So happy all is well!!! Age...Smage... Your as old as you want to be! your a Dis-er your what? going on 8?

Prayer and blessings for your Mom...
__________________
Me DH DD Meg (9) DS Matt(9) DS Zack (9)
1978 Contemporary ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 POR 1st trip report ~ 2014 crazy PTR ~
*Watch out Dumbo, there's a new circus coming to town PTR*

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #50
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on
 
daisy_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11,196

I think having a Star Wars Weekend at home was a great idea!! I LOVE the Leia cupcakes. So way cute.
__________________


daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #51
AuroraRose
Mouseketeer
 
AuroraRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NV
Posts: 122

A little late, but I am subscribing! What an incredible journey you've had so far! Congrats on the newest addition, what a joy little ones bring. Funny- our first movie night was Snow White. I am writing up the post for my PTR right now, !! Definitely looking forward to your updates!
__________________

My Disney Blog:DisneyKara
AuroraRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #52
Alysa
DIS Veteran
 
Alysa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachVH View Post
Exactly, I mean, it makes perfect sense, doesn't it?
Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
OMG! I love the cupcakes! Someone is very creative in your house! I think we will be headed to SW weekends next may! We have narrowed down our dates for our 2 trips next year!! And DH has to have his Star Wars fix if I am getting my DCL fix on our other trip! I will be showing those pics to him when he gets home!
We went to Star Wars weekend just the two of us before we had kids and it was soooo fun! So where is your pre-trip? Because I MUST hear about the DCL! I am so envious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
I'm Jumping on! Following you from the movie night thread!!!
Congratulations on your BABY BOY!!!! So happy all is well!!! Age...Smage... Your as old as you want to be! your a Dis-er your what? going on 8?
Prayer and blessings for your Mom...
Welcome over and thank you Chicago Mo! I was just saying that to my husband tonight - who let us be parents anyway when I feel somewhere around 16 still?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
I think having a Star Wars Weekend at home was a great idea!! I LOVE the Leia cupcakes. So way cute.
Thanks Daisy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRose View Post
A little late, but I am subscribing! What an incredible journey you've had so far! Congrats on the newest addition, what a joy little ones bring. Funny- our first movie night was Snow White. I am writing up the post for my PTR right now, !! Definitely looking forward to your updates!
Welcome Kara, how can you be late? The trip is still 433 days away! Can't wait to read your pre-trip too!
__________________
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #53
Alysa
DIS Veteran
 
Alysa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,184

Muppets Movie Night

This weekend past we babysat my niece and nephew and so we started our first movie night with them, a muppets double feature! We watched both The Muppet Movie and the new version with Amy Adams and Jason Segel. The soundtrack from the original was a part of my childhood, we played it on a tape deck in my Dad's old brown Mercedes everywhere we went, so I am thrilled to say that the kids preferred the original!

I was feeling a bit under the weather (I had forgotten that growing a human is exhausting) so for the craft the kids cut out a simple playset I found online, then they ate Kermit apples. And for dinner? Frogs legs of course!





The photos look a little green (it's not easy bein'…) next time I try to get photos during daylight hours. And they are huge again - I am hoping they reduce soon like they did last time. If not, my apologies!
__________________
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life

Last edited by Alysa; 09-16-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #54
AuroraRose
Mouseketeer
 
AuroraRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NV
Posts: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Welcome Kara, how can you be late? The trip is still 433 days away! Can't wait to read your pre-trip too!
Heh, I suppose that's true. Just meant it took me a bit to check my updates on my PTR.

I love the Muppet movie night! And I'm right there with you, I love it when my niece prefers the stuff her mommy and I grew up on. We'll be doing The Muppets Take Manhattan as that's one of our favorites- niece included!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
I was just saying that to my husband tonight - who let us be parents anyway when I feel somewhere around 16 still?
Gotta agree with this too, and I think the young at heart make the most awesome parents. Nothing wrong with being a member of Club Neverland, as I'm a member in good standing myself, haha!
__________________

My Disney Blog:DisneyKara
AuroraRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #55
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Again...LOVE the muppets movie night! Where do these ideas come from??? Awesome! No I have never done a TR, or PTR or even posted photos for that matter!!! I don't know how to post pics...and am sort of shy to try a report!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #56
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran
 
Chicago Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 4,093

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRose View Post
:
Gotta agree with this too, and I think the young at heart make the most awesome parents. Nothing wrong with being a member of Club Neverland, as I'm a member in good standing myself, haha!
Yes!
__________________
Me DH DD Meg (9) DS Matt(9) DS Zack (9)
1978 Contemporary ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 POR 1st trip report ~ 2014 crazy PTR ~
*Watch out Dumbo, there's a new circus coming to town PTR*

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #57
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran
 
Chicago Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 4,093

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Again...LOVE the muppets movie night! Where do these ideas come from??? Awesome! No I have never done a TR, or PTR or even posted photos for that matter!!! I don't know how to post pics...and am sort of shy to try a report!
I was too until people pushed me into it.. Do it for you and your memories!!!
__________________
Me DH DD Meg (9) DS Matt(9) DS Zack (9)
1978 Contemporary ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 POR 1st trip report ~ 2014 crazy PTR ~
*Watch out Dumbo, there's a new circus coming to town PTR*

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #58
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on
 
daisy_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11,196

Awww!!! I LOVE the Kermit apple
__________________


daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #59
Alysa
DIS Veteran
 
Alysa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRose View Post
I love the Muppet movie night! And I'm right there with you, I love it when my niece prefers the stuff her mommy and I grew up on. We'll be doing The Muppets Take Manhattan as that's one of our favorites- niece included!
Kermit: Piggy? I thought Gonzo was going to play the minister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
No I have never done a TR, or PTR or even posted photos for that matter!!! I don't know how to post pics...and am sort of shy to try a report!
I'd love to read yours and I agree with Chicago Mo that they are a great way to record your own memories! (Thanks for reading along with me everyone!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Awww!!! I LOVE the Kermit apple
__________________
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #60
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer
 
JoshAndEvsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington State
Posts: 460

Oh my gosh, I LOVE your movie nights! I'm showing my son your Star Wars crafts right now! He's going to love it.
__________________
Me DH DS DD
WDW: *1991 Offsite * 1995 Dixie Landings * 1999 Caribbean Beach * 2011 All Star Music * 2012 Caribbean Beach * DLR: * 1993 * 1998 * 1999 *DLP: * 2001 *
We've got this Rider Swap thing DOWN! 2012 July TR
How DH Saved Mother's Day with a SURPRISE Trip to WDW! 2012 July PTR
JoshAndEvsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: