Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which name is your favourite?
Robert 20 22.73%
Peter 15 17.05%
Roderick (Rory) 30 34.09%
Ewan 23 26.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #31
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your little boy! Glad your kids are so excited too.

Your Snow White night sounds like fun...looking forward to seeing pics once you do it!

I love that Disneybaby site too...it could be a little dangerous for us DIS-ers, though!
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #32
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Thanks Dugette!

My son and husband were sad about missing Star Wars weekend this year so we did a Star Wars movie night first - we watched episode 4 and made Princess Leia cupcakes, a Chewbacca birdfeeder and an AT-AT planter. I got both craft ideas from the fabulous Star Wars Craft Book
I'll update this post shortly with photos, we are just finishing the last coat of paint on the birdfeeder of death as the kids call it.

I finally received the Oxford book of names. I've put a poll up on the first page with our top choices. Let me know which one everyone likes!

Eek! I almost forgot - Happy Towel Day!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life

Last edited by Alysa; 05-25-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2012, 06:01 AM   #33
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

The brave dresses are so cute....I have been eyeing them for DD. I booked her for the BBB castle makeover. Hopefully they will have dresses she likes. I may still pick up a dress before we go too. I am so excited to see her made into a priness.
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #34
Mom2Finn
Mouseketeer

Congratulations! Babies are always such a blessing. And your due date is my husband's birthday and he's just wonderful.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #35
Alysa
DIS Veteran

kaileighbug - I can't wait to see photos of Kaileigh all dressed up - she will be BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks Austin - I think it will be fun to have Halloween birthday parties - always one of my favourite holidays anyway! My husband dressed up as Shang when my daughter was 6 and went as Mulan. Maybe I could get him to do it again with a small Mushu next year!

We've had a busy week. My mum was in and out of the hospital for most of it so my sister and I have been up a lot to visit her. I'm worried she is not going to make it to the baby. It was her 63rd birthday on the weekend and happily she was at home. I brought her a copy of the ultrasound photo but she didn't really want to see it. My dad took it anyway and tried to make me feel better. Maybe she is dreading not meeting him either and so she does not want to get too excited.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Old 06-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #36
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

You have a beautiful family and the ultrasound photo I'm a sucker for babies!

Hoping for the best with your mom.

By the way, with the naming poll, I chose Ewan. I figured since the family is Star Wars fans, why not name him after Obi Wan Kenobi!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #37
Alysa
DIS Veteran

And the winner is…

We've decided to go with Robert Ewan (I think!)
This is a copy of the baby announcement we sent out to our families.

PS - Thanks for the kind words MinnieLoves Mickey! My husband was actually trying to talk me into Rory on the Doctor Who angle. Geek!

Old 06-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #38
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Jumping on board! So glad everything is going well with little your little man! What a fun trip you guys get to plan for!

I'll be praying for your mom!
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
amandaluvsgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #39
RachVH
Mouseketeer

Joining and subbing in! My DH and I are already talking about our next trip to WDW, since we are planning on buying AP's while we are there in October. So far the idea is to go the third week of August if we can get a decent deal. So we might be there around the same time!

Can't wait to follow along as you plan for the new addition to your family!
RachVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #40
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
Jumping on board! So glad everything is going well with little your little man! What a fun trip you guys get to plan for!

I'll be praying for your mom!
Hi Amanda! Thank you sweet girl - we need all the prayers we can get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachVH View Post
Joining and subbing in! My DH and I are already talking about our next trip to WDW, since we are planning on buying AP's while we are there in October. So far the idea is to go the third week of August if we can get a decent deal. So we might be there around the same time!

Can't wait to follow along as you plan for the new addition to your family!
Hi Rach! Of course getting an annual pass is the only logical step. It's practically cheaper than the park hopper, PLUS you get discounts on lots of things so it's practically FREE! PLUS since you have the annual pass, it only makes sense that you get your money's worth and go more than once in one year! PLUS, since you are planning a second trip, it only makes sense to stop off while on your Disneymoon and take a look at the DVC booth.
See how I did that there? I'm an old hand at it.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #41
holleypie
Mouseketeer

Congrats on your baby boy! I came a little late for the name poll, but I think Robert Ewan is great.

(I must be a geek, because I thought of Doctor Who as soon as I saw the name Rory!)
Old 06-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #42
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Shame on me for taking until now to get caught up. Sorry..

CONGRATS on a boy!! And I love the name you have picked! I am sending good thoughts for your mom....

Jenny
Old 06-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #43
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

I'm loving the name. The announcements are precious!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #44
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holleypie View Post
(I must be a geek, because I thought of Doctor Who as soon as I saw the name Rory!)
Thanks Holleypie! I'm actually a huge Doctor Who fan - I used to watch it when I was little with my mum while she did the ironing. Tom Baker and Peter Davidson - it used to scare the pants off me! I'd end up watching from behind the couch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey View Post
I'm loving the name. The announcements are precious!
Thanks MinnieLovesMickey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
CONGRATS on a boy!! And I love the name you have picked! I am sending good thoughts for your mom....
Thanks Jenny!

Old 06-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #45
Alysa
DIS Veteran

So this weekend I updated our autograph book. I started it 9 years ago when we took our girl on her first trip. We've added signatures and photos to it every trip since then and I just added two new pages for Merida and Wreck-it Ralph (in case he starts showing up). Plus I added Robert to the title page!
It has customized pages for everyone so the lesser known characters go berserk over it. The one's we've met before can look at the older photos and of course they always say they remember the kids. The characters also love it because it's obviously a kids book with colouring pages so they love talking to the kids about it. Actually when we met Eric and Ariel, he spent about 5 minutes on the floor with my girl going through every page! I've made it into a pdf, there are three 4x6 pages to a sheet so you just print them off, cut them out and add them to any album, you just leave a blank space for the photos to place along side. There are lots of characters in it that are no longer available to meet in the park but I've left them in anyway. Plus you can meet a lot of those characters in California, Tokyo or Paris or on marathons or MVMCP or MNSSHP. If you'd like a copy just email me and I'd be happy to email one to you! It also makes a great activity on the plane because the kids can use the time to colour the pages.
PS - if you take a book with only some of the pages, make sure you have an envelope with the extra characters with you. I made my sister an album and she only took about 40 characters with her. They ran into Maleficent but all they had was the Queen from Snow White. My sister tried to give her the page anyway but she got so mad she threw it into the bushes!

Last edited by Alysa; 06-10-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: