Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which name is your favourite?
Robert 20 22.73%
Peter 15 17.05%
Roderick (Rory) 30 34.09%
Ewan 23 26.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #166
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

OMG, he is so cute. Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #167
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

He is absolutely Beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #168
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Hi, Alysa. I haven't been very good at keeping up with my commentary on PTRs (doing this one-handed while nursing), but I just wanted to say congratulations on Robert's arrival! He is just beautiful and I love your announcement!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #169
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Hi! I have seen you around not sure where lol but congrats on your son! He's so handsome and your announcements are adorable. Love that you included a pic of your dog too
Old 10-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #170
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Oh, he's gorgeous! Congratulations to you and your family.

I guess I was so focused on his first name being the same as my DH that I glossed over the fact that his middle name is the same as everyone's favorite Roman. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
-Hope- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #171
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

Congratulations! Beautiful baby, beautiful family, beautiful announcements. And I'm particularly fond of his name! So happy for you.
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #172
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Congrats! SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #173
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

congrats! He's BEAUTIFUL! Love the toes...
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #174
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Aw, he shares a birthday with my son! Congratulations!

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:58 AM   #175
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Thank you to all of you for all your good wishes. Robert and I have actually been down for the count for a while. He and I have been in or at the NICU almost every day except today. He's had a dangerously high level of bilirubin which we have had to get down with phototherapy and LOTS of feeding which he has been too drowsy to take. We are back again tomorrow for another follow up and I am hoping that my sleepy little monkey will finally pass and be able to stay home full time from now on. I confess to being very weepy lately just from not sleeping at the NICU and worry over him not eating enough to regain his birth weight yet but I am so grateful for the blessing of him. I have been cheering myself up with imagining his three fairy grandmothers (a la sleeping beauty) and the gifts they would give him. My mum would bless him with the gifts of kindness and happiness, my grandmother with handsomeness and talent, my mother in law the gifts of brains and success. And I know all three are watching over us both and keeping us from harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
Congratulations on the addition to your family! What a lovely announcement card. Robert is a beautiful baby!
Thanks Erin! We quite like him too, guess we will keep him after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Congratulations Alyssa and family on Robert's arrival!!!!
He is so precious!!! The photos of Eveie and Toby with him are adorable. I wish you a lifetime of joy just as it is captured in those photos!
Take care!
Thanks Brenda, the kids are so enamoured of him, we are so very lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
OMG, he is so cute. Congratulations.
Thanks Kathy! He's getting cuter every day. I especially love the faces he makes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
He is absolutely Beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!
Thanks Patricia - and for the laminating tip, great idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Hi, Alysa. I haven't been very good at keeping up with my commentary on PTRs (doing this one-handed while nursing), but I just wanted to say congratulations on Robert's arrival! He is just beautiful and I love your announcement!
Hi Dugette, thank you - Baby Dug is beautiful too - I love the photo shoot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Hi! I have seen you around not sure where lol but congrats on your son! He's so handsome and your announcements are adorable. Love that you included a pic of your dog too
Hi Lauren, thank you! I have no idea how I missed your report but Aria is beautiful! Our dog just loves to lick the baby in his swing. Robert is going to have a kick butt immune system when he gets through with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Oh, he's gorgeous! Congratulations to you and your family.
I guess I was so focused on his first name being the same as my DH that I glossed over the fact that his middle name is the same as everyone's favorite Roman. Love it!
Thanks Hope - Harold only calls him Rory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl View Post
Congratulations! Beautiful baby, beautiful family, beautiful announcements. And I'm particularly fond of his name! So happy for you.
Thanks Poppy! So sweet of you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Congrats! SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Thanks Michelle! I think so but I may be biased!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
congrats! He's BEAUTIFUL! Love the toes...
Hello DisneyMom5! He does have funny, long monkey toes!
I LOVE that your screen name is from when you only had 5 - your family is beautiful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
Aw, he shares a birthday with my son! Congratulations!
Thanks Dawn! Same with Franz Liszt. And Shaggy. Libra, right?
"As a Libra born on October 22nd, you are characterized by your analytical mind, social nature and loyalty. While there are some people who choose to keep their thoughts to themselves, you never fail to take a chance to share your mind's inner workings. You have a gift for communication, which is reflected in your quick wit and clever observations. Your friends and family appreciate your cleverness, almost as much as they appreciate your undying loyalty. As a self-starter, you turn your curiosity into a focused quest for knowledge and understanding."
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:17 AM   #176
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Alysa, I'm sorry you're having to spend time in the NICU! I hope that he is regaining his weight and getting rid of the jaundice. I do understand the weight thing, as Dug Baby went from 8lb 8oz to 7lb 7oz, which was over the 10% that they find acceptable. My main problem was that she was too tired to eat much those first few days. She is nearing 10 lbs. now (at 6 weeks), though, thankfully. I tried all the little tricks to get her to stay awake eating and nothing really worked those first several days. The only one I heard about afterwards (so never tried), was holding a cold water bottle, then touching baby with your cold hand. I think we tried everything else and she slept through it!

Anyway, I love the fairy godmother thoughts, those are great! Best of luck to you and your sleepy guy...I hope he gets more energy soon and gets to be at home full-time!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #177
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Oh, Alyssa! I'm sorry you and your little guy are having such a rough start. I hope he's better soon. I love the fairy godmother thoughts and I'm sure they're sending you both as well.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
-Hope- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #178
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Alysa, I’m so sorry that you have been in and out of the NICU with Robert and I hope that he gets a clean bill of health tomorrow! My son was in the NICU for three days because of jaundice, too, and he wasn’t staying awake long enough to eat either. He would only wake up if I had him completely uncovered and tickled the bottoms of his tiny feet! My daughter was jaundiced, too, but she only had a day of phototherapy in the nursery. Everything with them was fine after that and everything will be fine with Robert too!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #179
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Oh Alysa,

It's no wonder your a bit tired and down... You just gave birth, you would be tired from that . Your hormones are swinging all over and you're worried about your baby. He will be just fine. Emily had highly bilirubin levels and David actually spent a couple of days in the NICU ... And it is nerve wracking (honestly I sometimes think the generation before us doesn't tell us everything about Childbirth because we either wouldn't believe it or we wouldn't go through with it... All will be well... Just don't be too hard on yourself
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #180
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Alysa, I'm sorry you're having to spend time in the NICU! I hope that he is regaining his weight and getting rid of the jaundice. I do understand the weight thing, as Dug Baby went from 8lb 8oz to 7lb 7oz, which was over the 10% that they find acceptable. My main problem was that she was too tired to eat much those first few days. She is nearing 10 lbs. now (at 6 weeks), though, thankfully. I tried all the little tricks to get her to stay awake eating and nothing really worked those first several days. The only one I heard about afterwards (so never tried), was holding a cold water bottle, then touching baby with your cold hand. I think we tried everything else and she slept through it!
Anyway, I love the fairy godmother thoughts, those are great! Best of luck to you and your sleepy guy...I hope he gets more energy soon and gets to be at home full-time!
Hi Dugette, Just back from the hospital again today - only gained 50g over the weekend. When he regains his birth weight we are going to have a party here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Oh, Alyssa! I'm sorry you and your little guy are having such a rough start. I hope he's better soon. I love the fairy godmother thoughts and I'm sure they're sending you both as well.
Thanks Hope - I'll take all the pixie dust we can get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
Alysa, I’m so sorry that you have been in and out of the NICU with Robert and I hope that he gets a clean bill of health tomorrow! My son was in the NICU for three days because of jaundice, too, and he wasn’t staying awake long enough to eat either. He would only wake up if I had him completely uncovered and tickled the bottoms of his tiny feet! My daughter was jaundiced, too, but she only had a day of phototherapy in the nursery. Everything with them was fine after that and everything will be fine with Robert too!
Hi Erin, thank you, it's nice to know that other mums have gone through this too and their kids still go on to be brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Oh Alysa, It's no wonder your a bit tired and down... You just gave birth, you would be tired from that . Your hormones are swinging all over and you're worried about your baby. He will be just fine. Emily had highly bilirubin levels and David actually spent a couple of days in the NICU ... And it is nerve wracking (honestly I sometimes think the generation before us doesn't tell us everything about Childbirth because we either wouldn't believe it or we wouldn't go through with it... All will be well... Just don't be too hard on yourself
Hi Patricia, It's amazing to me too how much I have forgotten in 6+ years. But I did it twice before and I can do it again, right?

Thanks to all of you for the good wishes. He'll be fine, I know, I just wish he was getting better a bit faster. Mom guilt.

So we had originally thought to have a Hallowe'en party/movie night to introduce Robbie to everyone in our family. I wanted to cancel but the kids were so looking forward to it so my sweet, darling husband offered to make everything. I had purchased all the materials and ingredients before Robbie was born so off he went. I spent the day feeding the bairn and he spent the day cooking, baking, crafting with the kids and helping them carve pumpkins. He even knew that I wanted photos of the movie nights so he did that too! We never did get to watch the movies that day but last Friday was a PD day at the school so the kids and I hung out and watched the double header (while I fed the boy) - the Haunted Mansion and the Nightmare Before Christmas. When I watched the Haunted Mansion when it first came out I thought it was dreadful but apparently if you are nine or six, that is the perfect age to think it is pretty funny. I even laughed with them when Eddie Murphy meets Madame Leota.
Jack Skellington Cookies baked by husband.

MY brother in law printed out tombstones for the cupcakes my husband made and Toby decorated. I found the artwork here.

Poison (green tea crystal light with green food colouring) skeleton bones (white chocolate melted in a jello mold from the dollar store), and Zero's kibble (chocolate and yogurt covered raisins).

Oogie Boogie Guts (jelly worms and tarantulas). I got the idea for the guts and the kibble from this site.

The crafts were pumpkin carving and haunted mansion bookmarks.

The website for the bookmarks was here. And this website here has the other two portraits on it as well so the kids and my niece and nephew created all four.

Christmas tree decorated with the black ornaments that Toby painted, bottle of poison (grape juice), and chocolate milk with candy cane stir sticks.

Chalk this party up to one of my most idiotic ideas ever. But a great time was had by all 17 guests.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life

Last edited by Alysa; 11-11-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: