Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #31
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

ENJOY YOUR TRIP! Bon voyage!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #32
st8y
Mouseketeer

Sigh. We are enroute to home. Had such a great time aboard the Magic. I must say the best thing about DCL is the attention to detail - from the soft Disney music playing to the friendly staff to the towel animals. As they said in one of the shows- it's like being on a magic carpet ride, in Cinderella's castle, and on a pirate ship all at once. I'll work on my trip report over the next few days!
st8y is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #33
tracylmartins
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Can't wait to hear about it! We are on the 6/22 sailing from NYC and it is our first Disney cruise as well.
tracylmartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #34
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st8y View Post
Sigh. We are enroute to home. Had such a great time aboard the Magic. I must say the best thing about DCL is the attention to detail - from the soft Disney music playing to the friendly staff to the towel animals. As they said in one of the shows- it's like being on a magic carpet ride, in Cinderella's castle, and on a pirate ship all at once. I'll work on my trip report over the next few days!
Can't wait to read it. Be sure to come over here and link us to it! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracylmartins View Post
Can't wait to hear about it! We are on the 6/22 sailing from NYC and it is our first Disney cruise as well.
I'm on the same cruise. Have you joined our meet thread (yes, I'm too lazy tonight to go look and see). If not, you should!
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #35
st8y
Mouseketeer

Day 1- NYC Sail away

Where did I leave off? Oh yes, we were waiting at the pier. Time went pretty quickly. It was so exciting!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
All aboard! We boarded just a little after 1pm. We walked into the atrium as they announced our names. It was pretty magical. Our rooms were ready so we went directly there to drop off our carry-on. We were in stateroom 2633, a split bathroom, inside stateroom. It was aft, just a few doors from the elevator. It turned out to be a great location as the restaurants and the drink station are all aft so it was a quick elevator ride.
We met our host, Albert who was awesome all week. My son thought he was pretty cool. He made some great towel animals and always called us by name.
We then went to Topsider's for our first meal. It was good!

[/IMG]

I was feeling very overwhelmed- wanting to see and do everything right away. And I didn't have a clue how to get anywhere. we realized quickly that everything is posted at the elevators for easy access.

We explored the ship and I unpacked our stuff. There was lots of room to put everything away. In all the excitement I totally missed the DIS meet and only met one DIS member the whole week!
[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #36
st8y
Mouseketeer

Day 1 continued...

[IMG][/IMG]
Yay! We are so glad to finally be on board!
[IMG][/IMG]
Soon it was time for the sail away party. I had my DOTD in hand! We were on deck 10, starboard (I just had to google that- I forgot my nautical right & Left).They gave us plastic Mickey hands to wave.
[IMG][/IMG]
There were many news helicopters hovering around the ship! It made an exciting atmosphere!
[IMG][/IMG]
We danced our way out of the harbour!
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #37
st8y
Mouseketeer

Day 1 continued...

Turns out starboard was the way to go! Lady Liberty herself was just ahead!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Soon it was time for the first show of the cruise- All Aboard!
[IMG][/IMG]
(PS- there is absolutely no photography allowed in the theater. I stole this image from the internet!)
Max Winfrey, a comedic juggler was also in the show
[IMG][/IMG]
DS thought he was very funny. He literally juggled the kitchen sink!

We had the late dinner seating and our first restaurant was Lumiere's, table 62.
[IMG][/IMG]
We had the Sea Bass which was melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
[IMG][/IMG]
We met our tablemates who had two daughters the same age as my kids. And the adults were all in similar fields of work! Disney magic! We looked forward to seeing them each evening and our DDs became very good friends.
Our servers were Raquel from Portugal and Natalie from Trinidad. They were absolutely wonderful. Our table always seemed to be the last to leave as we had so much fun with them!
My DD was feeling a little seasick this night and seemed to be "off" for the first couple of days. She is usually very outgoing but seemed a little nervous (I think the lifeboat drill may have scared her). She came around after I told her that Disney has boats that follow the Magic just so we would be extra safe. A little white lie but it worked!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #38
st8y
Mouseketeer

Day 2 At Sea

DH & I woke around 8am. He went to the fitness room & I went for a little run on deck 4. I'd like to say that this happened every morning but I lost my motivation early! We then had breakfast together at Topsider's. I enjoyed the oatmeal with berries, flax, walnuts, & sunflower seeds every morning!
The kids were just waking up when we returned to the room (the benefits of the dark inside room!)
We hung out by the pool most of the day. It was a little rough as we were skirting a tropical storm. The pools were like wave pools later in the afternoon!
[IMG][/IMG]

DH & I went to a margarita/tequila tasting. It was fun. Let's just say the ship was really rocking after that!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
DD spent some time at the club. She made some flubber. DS played dodge ball which he "owned", apparently (lol).
The show tonight was Twice Charmed- a twist on the Cinderella story. I was amazed at the lighting, the costumes, the singing, the theater....everything!! The Fairy God mother's voice was angelic.
[IMG][/IMG]

Our dinner was at Animator's Palate, formal attire.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #39
NJMermaid
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting this,I am looking forward,d to the Mickey Hands waving goodbye in the harbor.
NJMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #40
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Looks great so far!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #41
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Oh you started!! Fantastic report, loving all the pictures!! More, more please!

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #42
disney debi
Mouseketeer

Great start. Can't wait to hear more!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #43
twinnybelles
Mouseketeer

Great trip report so far ! Thank you a million times for the great pics, you are getting me very excited for our June 15th sailing...

( PRINCESS MOMMY 49 )
: ( PRINCE DADDY 49 )
(DD 10) ( DD 10 )
twinnybelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #44
BethA
DIS Veteran

Thanks for taking the time to post
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #45
st8y
Mouseketeer

Day 3 At Sea

We had our character breakfast this morning at Parrot Cay.
[IMG][/IMG]
I think something was going on with Minnie & DH. Not sure where that other hand of his is. And she blew him a few too many kisses....watch out, you rodent!

It was rushed but we had the opportunity to meet each of the characters, get their autograph, and get a picture.
[IMG][/IMG]

And we got chapeau-ed with napkins. Made for a good laugh!
[IMG][/IMG]
DS was Peter Pan. DH was Pluto.
[IMG][/IMG]
DD was Jasmine and I was Pluto`s wife (?!). Apparently, no one knows what she looks like so this is it! lol
[IMG][/IMG]
DS & DD at the helm of the Magic!
[IMG][/IMG]
We spent most of the morning and afternoon by the pool. The kids were busy in the clubs DD after the Ratatouille Cooking School. They made cookies!
[IMG][/IMG]
DD & DS had a great time ordering room service. I really liked the chicken wings.
[IMG][/IMG]
DD & I went to the Buena Vista Theater to see DisneyNature:Chimpanzee. It was a very good movie, excellent videography, editing, music, and voice-overs. Did you know Chimpanzees eat monkeys??!
Max Winfrey, the juggler performed again tonight. It was great!
[IMG][/IMG]

The big show was Villians Tonight! Another amazing Disney performance! Hades was quite humorous!
We returned to Parrot Cay for dinner. It was fun to see our tablemates again & talk about our day. The french toast dessert was to die for!
The kids went to bed & watched a movie while DH & I went to a ventriloquist, Lynn Trefzger. She was amazing!! Wish we would've seen the family show the night before!
[IMG][/IMG]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: