Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #61
tappiefaye
Earning My Ears

FE List

jbwork
Jason - Adult
Robyn - Adult
Matt - 5 - M
Ying - 5 - F

8588/8586
weswife
Sheila - Adult
Wesley - Adult
Katelyn - 24 - F
Shavonne - 19 - F
Austin - 13 - M
Natalie - 22 - F

tappiefaye
Tappie - Adult
Brant - Adult
Ava - 7 - F
Audrey - 3 - F

(no room yet)
mickeyinthehouse
Kris - Adult
Jason - Adult
Kellan - 10 - M
Jaden - 6 - F

Still hoping for more families!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #62
weswife
DIS Veteran

Hello,

I started picking small items up for the FE!!!!! My family is getting excited about cruising!!!! They are interested in the FE too today they were all making suggestions!

Question:

Did you purchase a FE to hang? What does yours look like? Any pics?

Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #63
jbwork
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
Hello,

I started picking small items up for the FE!!!!! My family is getting excited about cruising!!!! They are interested in the FE too today they were all making suggestions!

Question:

Did you purchase a FE to hang? What does yours look like? Any pics?

Thanks!
Here is a pic of ours,

We bought ours on Ebay a couple years ago.

BLOG: http://jnj-familyadventures.blogspot.com/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/jbwork17

DisDad #755!
Jason DW DS(6) DD(6)

Last edited by jbwork; 07-26-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: bad link
jbwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #64
RobynPrincess
Looking around

Checked in online now 11:30, not too bad
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #65
jbwork
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
Checked in online now 11:30, not too bad
Thats about as early as you can get on! I checked in too, but it said since I was staying at a WDW hotel I could board as soon as I showed up and checked in. Weird since I'm not staying at a WDW hotel before the trip, although I did book it through them,

DisDad #755!
Jason DW DS(6) DD(6)
Old 08-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #66
RobynPrincess
Looking around

weird - we're staying onsite before too but it didnt say that to me
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #67
jbwork
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
weird - we're staying onsite before too but it didnt say that to me
I booked the pre-cruise hotel with DCL, so maybe thats why, or maybe since its not my first cruise? Ah, I don't care, I'll be in the port as soon as I can get two 5-year olds dressed and on a bus,

DisDad #755!
Jason DW DS(6) DD(6)
Old 08-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #68
weswife
DIS Veteran

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your FE and your door looks great too!!!! thanks for sharing
Old 08-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #69
tappiefaye
Earning My Ears

Check-in/FE gifts

I am so extited too! I've been making gifts but haven't gotten a fish extender yet. I think my friend is going to make it.

I checked in on the first day and requested 11:00. If that time was a choice for me, does that mean I got that time?

I anybody planning on running the 5K race? Does anybody know if there is a race on every cruise?

Are y'all planning on dressing up for pirate night?
Old 08-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #70
jbwork
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tappiefaye View Post
I am so extited too! I've been making gifts but haven't gotten a fish extender yet. I think my friend is going to make it.

I checked in on the first day and requested 11:00. If that time was a choice for me, does that mean I got that time?

I anybody planning on running the 5K race? Does anybody know if there is a race on every cruise?

Are y'all planning on dressing up for pirate night?
The 5K is every cruise they stop at Castaway Cay, we were going to do it last year, but we couldn't coordinate the childcare issue(2 four year olds), so we didn't do it. You used to actually get to get off the boat a little earlier to start the race too, but supposedly now you just get off at the regular time, although this may change boat to boat and trip by trip.

As for pirate night, we usually dress up, the kids love it! If you don't bring your own gear you can always buy plenty onboard too,

DisDad #755!
Jason DW DS(6) DD(6)
Old 08-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #71
adorelc
Mouseketeer

We just booked this cruise and would love to join the fish extender group if it is not too late! We did this last year on our Alsaska cruise and my kids had so much fun with it. Our kids have a two week Fall break so we will be on the cruise first and then we will be in WDW staying at in the new Little Mermaid rooms. I can't wait to see them. We do not have our room assignment yet, so as soon as I get it I will post it. We are:

Me: Tricia (offical trip planner)
DH: Kevin (lucky man that won $400 playing Bingo for the first time on our Alaska cruise)
DD: Lauren, age 9 (now thinks everyone wins Bingo and keeps asking to play)
DS: Carter, age 7 (plans on wearing his swimsuit while boarding so he can go stright on the AquaDuck)

This will be our third Disney cruise, but we have only sailed on the Wonder so we are so excited to see the new ship.
adorelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #72
jbwork
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorelc View Post
We just booked this cruise and would love to join the fish extender group if it is not too late! We did this last year on our Alsaska cruise and my kids had so much fun with it. Our kids have a two week Fall break so we will be on the cruise first and then we will be in WDW staying at in the new Little Mermaid rooms. I can't wait to see them. We do not have our room assignment yet, so as soon as I get it I will post it. We are:

Me: Tricia (offical trip planner)
DH: Kevin (lucky man that won $400 playing Bingo for the first time on our Alaska cruise)
DD: Lauren, age 9 (now thinks everyone wins Bingo and keeps asking to play)
DS: Carter, age 7 (plans on wearing his swimsuit while boarding so he can go stright on the AquaDuck)

This will be our third Disney cruise, but we have only sailed on the Wonder so we are so excited to see the new ship.

Welcome aboard! I REALLY want to try the Alaska cruises! This is our 3rd cruise, and we've only done the Caribbean ones so far. We've only been on the Magic, so we're also excited to see the new big ships, I hear a ton of pros and cons between them, so we're excited to see. My 2 kids have me fire up youtube so they can watch Aquaduck videos in preparation for the trip, lol.

We are also making a stay afterwards in the parks. Currently contemplating doing Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, we did it a couple of years ago when the kids were about 2-3, and we didn't care for it so much, but they will both be 5 this go round, so I think they may dig it.

DisDad #755!
Jason DW DS(6) DD(6)
Old 08-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #73
tappiefaye
Earning My Ears

Welcome adorelc! Of course it is not too late! I will add your names to the list. We are also going to stay in a Little Mermaid room after the cruise but only for one night. We are going to the MNSSHP on the 14th and then home the next morning. Maybe we could get our girls together sometime (mine is 7)!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #74
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Talking Wanted too Join in and say Hello!

This is my 5th Disney cruise and it is a "girls only" trip with my cousins and our girls...17,14,10 & 6!!!

We are all on Deck 7 Oceanview deluxe rooms right next too each other.

I think it is so cool we are sailing on 10-11-12!!

I sailed on the Dream last May 2011 for it's first 5 night sailing and all I can say is it was awesome!!!

We are flying down on Wed afternoon and staying at DTD the night before and then breakfast at Ohana in the morning with Lilo and Stitch before heading to the port.

After the cruise we have transfers too AKV Jambo house 2 bedroom villas for a couple nights...Doing MNSSHP and Food and Wine at Epcot...So we have lots planned and we can not wait!!

We are all checked in on line and have our flights booked with SW on the way down, but holding out for flight home to drop.

I booked Palo for the 1st night at 8pm so we can take the kids too dinner first. I can not miss Palo!!!

Glad to finally see a thread out there..We may not do FE this trip since it is a 3 night?? I want to just enjoy the cruise.....

CBR Nov 2001/Wonder Nov 02/S/D April 03/Wonder-ASM Oct 03/Seaworld-2004&05/Magic Oct 2005/BWV May 2006/OKW-Dec 06/POR-Sept 07/F&W S/D Oct 07/AKL-Oct 08/DL CA Oct 09-AKV-OCT 201O-POLY DEC-2010-Disney Dream/AKV May 2011DISNEY DREAM-AKV OCT 2012/AKV MAY 2013
AKV-OCT 2013/PFQ NOV 2013/BW-DTD JUNE 2014
BABYJOSIE98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #75
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiee View Post
When talking with our agent tonight we were told it was $70 a person for the bus from WDW to the boat. We were kind of wanting to do the bus but we will drive instead.
Hey just wanted to let you know we added transfers from the port too AKV and it is $35 per person.... So we did it so we don't have too hassle with luggage when we get off the ship and last time we were back too WDW by 10:00am...so nice!

We are driving too the port on the way...got a car through Hertz and they make it so easy...used them last year too.

CBR Nov 2001/Wonder Nov 02/S/D April 03/Wonder-ASM Oct 03/Seaworld-2004&05/Magic Oct 2005/BWV May 2006/OKW-Dec 06/POR-Sept 07/F&W S/D Oct 07/AKL-Oct 08/DL CA Oct 09-AKV-OCT 201O-POLY DEC-2010-Disney Dream/AKV May 2011DISNEY DREAM-AKV OCT 2012/AKV MAY 2013
AKV-OCT 2013/PFQ NOV 2013/BW-DTD JUNE 2014
BABYJOSIE98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: