Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #31
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppins2000 View Post
Getting ready to scrap and catch up to hopefully meet by monthly goal of 40 - these last 10 days have been insane! On the 18th I get a call from my sister that my Mom has taken a turn for the worst and has less than a week on this earth (just a little background, my Mom has been battling Alzheimer's for the last 12 years. She is currently in the late end stages and in a hospice facility in north Georgia). So, I pack up and make the 12 hour drive. My brother in Ohio flies down, my brother in AZ is making his travel arrangments and my other 3 siblings live near Dad and Mom's house there in GA (I'm the oldest of 6!).

Well, it was determined that Mom more than likely had some sort of 48 hour bug. She was back to her current normal by Thursday or as Dad says, displaying her stubborn Irish blood. Iíll tell you what, she is fighting every step of the way to remain here with us. The Hospice nurses say that wives and mothers always put up a fight and donít want to leave so we all continue to ride the emotional rollercoaster...

I drove back home on Tuesday. If that wasn't enough to deal with already,
DH calls me on the way home to tell me the A/C has finally died (a South Florida MUST have) $3543 to get a new one. On Wednesday, my 2 year old washer is leaking and 2 year old dryer stops working. DH comes home from work upset that someone has clipped his right bumper pretty good on his Honda Pilot in the parking lot at work. AHHHHH. Yesterday the repairman fixes washer $85, states it will be $370 to fix dryer - I laugh! I go to Best Buy and purchase new dryer for $449 w/extended warranty. I'm ready for a new week and many Margarita's PLEASE....
AC is definitely a must in South Florida- my sister lives in Homestead so I head down there at least once a year (not that in more northern South Florida we can get away with no SC either by this time in the year. I hope you are able to scrap this weekend with all of what has happened.

Rebecca
Old 04-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #32
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

finished another group.....now to start cutting LOTS of MH for my Mickey tree's

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #33
Reddy
Scrapbooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
finished another group.....now to start cutting LOTS of MH for my Mickey tree's

congrats on finishing another group

OK Dino-Land is done
first group down - 11 more to go
Old 04-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #34
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Great job to everyone getting work done. I just finished editing and setting up for printing then I realized I have to install the printer so my computer is doing that now. It is my first time printing photos since I got my new computer.

Rebecca
Old 04-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #35
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppins2000 View Post
Getting ready to scrap and catch up to hopefully meet by monthly goal of 40 - these last 10 days have been insane! On the 18th I get a call from my sister that my Mom has taken a turn for the worst and has less than a week on this earth (just a little background, my Mom has been battling Alzheimer's for the last 12 years. She is currently in the late end stages and in a hospice facility in north Georgia). So, I pack up and make the 12 hour drive. My brother in Ohio flies down, my brother in AZ is making his travel arrangments and my other 3 siblings live near Dad and Mom's house there in GA (I'm the oldest of 6!).

Well, it was determined that Mom more than likely had some sort of 48 hour bug. She was back to her current normal by Thursday or as Dad says, displaying her stubborn Irish blood. I’ll tell you what, she is fighting every step of the way to remain here with us. The Hospice nurses say that wives and mothers always put up a fight and don’t want to leave so we all continue to ride the emotional rollercoaster...

I drove back home on Tuesday. If that wasn't enough to deal with already,
DH calls me on the way home to tell me the A/C has finally died (a South Florida MUST have) $3543 to get a new one. On Wednesday, my 2 year old washer is leaking and 2 year old dryer stops working. DH comes home from work upset that someone has clipped his right bumper pretty good on his Honda Pilot in the parking lot at work. AHHHHH. Yesterday the repairman fixes washer $85, states it will be $370 to fix dryer - I laugh! I go to Best Buy and purchase new dryer for $449 w/extended warranty. I'm ready for a new week and many Margarita's PLEASE....
Good luck- We just lost my grandpa to Alzheimer two weeks ago. He had been on Hospice since November. He started aspirating, so he could no longer have food or water (per his living will wishes). He was given 3 to 7 days and somehow my 92 year old grandpa made it 10 days? My 90 year old grandma is surviving, but it is rough. (They were married over 70 years and together about 75 ) Best wishes for you!

Good job on getting stuff done everyone! I may scrap here in a little bit and little tomorrow. I want to get started on my partner swap but waiting for title ideas from my partner. We have softball and soccer going on as well. My DS had his first special needs soccer game today. It was pretty hot, and he wasn't overly excited It was an interesting game and confusing for some of the kids (didn't like the ball getting taken away, taking turns, etc.) MY DS could have cared less about the ball and was more interested in sitting on the sidelines like he does for sisters' games. It was a learning experience My DD1 had a soccer game last night (that they lost and broke their undefeated record so now they will take second but it has been a great season) One more game today and one tomorrow, and the season will be over.

Last edited by disney-akj; 04-28-2012 at 02:27 PM.
disney-akj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #36
Reddy
Scrapbooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-akj View Post
Good luck- We just lost my grandpa to Alzheimer two weeks ago. He had been on Hospice since November. He started aspirating, so he could no longer have food or water (per his living will wishes). He was given 3 to 7 days and somehow my 92 year old grandpa made it 10 days? My 90 year old grandma is surviving, but it is rough. (They were married over 70 years and together about 75 ) Best wishes for you!

Good job on getting stuff done everyone! I may scrap here in a little bit and little tomorrow. I want to get started on my partner swap but waiting for title ideas from my partner. We have softball and soccer going on as well. My DS had his first special needs soccer game today. It was pretty hot, and he wasn't overly excited It was an interesting game and confusing for some of the kids (didn't like the ball getting taken away, taking turns, etc.) MY DS could have cared less about the ball and was more interested in sitting on the sidelines like he does for sisters' games. It was a learning experience My DD1 had a soccer game last night (that they lost and broke their undefeated record so now they will take second but it has been a great season) One more game today and one tomorrow, and the season will be over.
James does soccer in the fall - he usually prefers sitting in/on the goal or having the helpers carry him - thanfully they are the local football players (one of the coaches has a nephew with special needs so his guys help) - his group is K- high school & they have done this for several years so that helps -- I can see what you said happening, it is great that someone cared enough to get it started
Old 04-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #37
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
James does soccer in the fall - he usually prefers sitting in/on the goal or having the helpers carry him - thanfully they are the local football players (one of the coaches has a nephew with special needs so his guys help) - his group is K- high school & they have done this for several years so that helps -- I can see what you said happening, it is great that someone cared enough to get it started
Yes! The lady that organizes it is great! There was a basketball league too, but we decided soccer would probably be a little better. Good that the football players help. It is nice! DS might like it more when he gets used to it.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #38
Reddy
Scrapbooker

Quote:
Yes! The lady that organizes it is great! There was a basketball league too, but we decided soccer would probably be a little better. Good that the football players help. It is nice! DS might like it more when he gets used to it.
would they let his sister be a helper?? several of the kids have a brother or sister that helps just them. I used to help my boys (can't keep up with them now, they have longer legs than I do)
Old 04-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #39
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:

hope your DS starts to have fun with soccer, how nice you have programs for him to participate in
sorry your DD team lost their game, hope they are proud of what they accomplished in getting second!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #40
Reddy
Scrapbooker

OK got James bubbled bath
bathroom floor mopped
& mats & towels in the washer
Old 04-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #41
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

I have been very under-productive today. After I got Morgan we sat outside and read for a while (it was really nice out, and when she asks to read, I take her up on it). I had gotten the times wrong for the car wash, so we went over after lunch. It's not the best, but hey, it was free and I wanted to support my fellow girl scouts. After that I really wanted to finish my book, so I did. And then I took a nap Now it's time for dinner!
Old 04-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #42
Reddy
Scrapbooker

cut some stuff out in the wrong size so now I"m recutting - what I get for figuring out for 5x7 pic or 4x6 pic

oh well - at least the title is done

I like to finish books I"m reading too unless I have read them about 500 times

I need to figure what is for dinner too I"m thinking chicken on the george forman grill
Old 04-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #43
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Well it took a few hour but finally got the printer installed so I have printed my photos and will be back to pages after service tonight.

I find it fun to hear about the sports and activities all of your children are involved in and I am glad there are so many more programs available these days for special needs children.

Rebecca
Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #44
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

I treated myself a few weeks ago and bought the Harry Potter series for my Nook. I've been trying to finish up all my library books so I can read them again. Tomorrow is the little league parade. Morgan is marching with the middle school band, and gets to wear her team shirt since she's in softball.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #45
Reddy
Scrapbooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
I treated myself a few weeks ago and bought the Harry Potter series for my Nook. I've been trying to finish up all my library books so I can read them again. Tomorrow is the little league parade. Morgan is marching with the middle school band, and gets to wear her team shirt since she's in softball.
alright parade pictures - those are fun to scrap

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: