Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #31
WaDiWo
WDWFan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahipp View Post
Couch to GOOFY?
Please don't get me wrong! I truly RESPECT the distance and the challenge. This is not an overnight thing, or even a month or year thing...

My goal is to run the Goofy Challenge in 2014 (hopefully as part of a big family and friends Running trip!) which is over a year and a half from now.

Part of this goal is to do it RIGHT, listen to my body, and avoid injury. :

My blog: I achieved my goal January 12, 2014! see how I did it: Couch to Goofy Marathon and a Half Challenge!
Hear my interview about achieving this goal on the Runner Academy Everyday Runners podcast.
My Castaway Cay 5k trip report HERE
Packing for a Disney Trip or Cruise? Check out my free ultimate packing (and to-do) list here.
WaDiWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #32
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

Ok updated to here! Keep 'em coming

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #33
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDiWo View Post
Please don't get me wrong! I truly RESPECT the distance and the challenge. This is not an overnight thing, or even a month or year thing...

My goal is to run the Goofy Challenge in 2014 (hopefully as part of a big family and friends Running trip!) which is over a year and a half from now.

Part of this goal is to do it RIGHT, listen to my body, and avoid injury. :
Wait-- I didn't read this the right way. I thought you were criticising someone for trying to go goofy from the couch... didn't realize it was you who was doing it Ignore this post....

It's a mess, but I'm blogging about my training for the 2013 Goofy Challenge.
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #34
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

I have a blog, but I'm not going to list it, since (1) it's not overly concerned with running, and (2) I got warning points for having it in my sig, since I did not have a link back to the Disboards.

I will be reading some of the ones in the list though.

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

All runners are equal. Some however, are apparently more equal than others.
SAHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #35
cloudnut220
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDad View Post
I have a blog, but I'm not going to list it, since (1) it's not overly concerned with running, and (2) I got warning points for having it in my sig, since I did not have a link back to the Disboards.

warning points??? do I need to take my blog off this list?

Running Disney -- The Happiest Pain on Earth

2012 and 2013 The Years of the Disney Races!

Marathon Weekend 2012: The Half and Half Challenge Expedition Everest Challenge: Recap
Disneyland Half Marathon: PR Time Baby! Marathon Weekend 2013: Third time is not the charm with Donald EEC 2013

Coming Soon: Dumbo Double Dare
My piece of the interwebs: 990 Square
cloudnut220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #36
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

I don't know. It could be that I did not have one of the Disboard images on my site. I don't know how my hobby site could be considered a commercial advertisement, but that 10 point warning was listed as "Unapproved Advertisement."

I would just put one of the logos (http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/logos/) on your site, and maybe ask. I did not put one up, because my site has nothing to do with Disney.

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #37
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

Hmm... I will ask Lily again. She had said to me that the blog roll was fine as long as we weren't selling items or had inappropriate content on the sites.

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #38
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyfoo View Post
Hmm... I will ask Lily again. She had said to me that the blog roll was fine as long as we weren't selling items or had inappropriate content on the sites.
My points come from WebmasterDoc. I thought that maybe I had happened to post something on my blog about trading (as in "I have item X that I no longer want, but am looking for Y. Anyone interested?), but I didn't see even that.

It seems like it is one of those policies where there is room for some interpretation.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #39
Qltrgrl2
DIS Veteran

I do not know where rules on posting are located. We (DD and I) only try to post appropriate responses. Our blog is strictly for fun and nothing else. My daughter is so into the whole Disney running at the moment that her enthusiasm is infectious! I try to hang in there......today she even posted about a giveaway. Old Mom just tries to keep up.
Qltrgrl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #40
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDad View Post

Warning points? What are those? How do you find out if you have any? And do they go away after some period of time (like points on your drivers license)?
Half Fanatic #1852 and Marathon Maniac #6743
My Blog: My Journey to Healthy Living

2014: Los Angeles Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Carmel Marathon | Illinois Mini I-Challenge 5K & 10K | Wisconsin Marathon | Ragnar Relay Chicago 197M | RnR Chicago 5K | RnR Chicago Half Marathon | Crystal Lake Half Marathon
2013: WDW Family 5K | WDW Goofy Challenge | Surf City Marathon | Little Rock Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Cherry Blossom 10M | Flying Pig 3-Way Challenge (5K/10K/Half) | Soldier Field 10M | Chicago RnR Half | Biggest Loser 15K | Howl at the Moon Ultra 50K | Dumbo Double Dare (10K/Half) | Crystal Lake Half | Heritage Haul Half | Fox Valley Half | Marine Corps Marathon | Strides for Hunger 5K | Space Coast Half

Disney Trips: Disneyland 1972-1978, Disney World 2000/2007/2012/2013, Disney Cruises 2003/2005, Disneyland 2008/2013
RunRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #41
Qltrgrl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRookie View Post
Warning points? What are those? How do you find out if you have any? And do they go away after some period of time (like points on your drivers license)?
Oh dear....I too would like to know how to check if I have warning points. Posting on Disboards is just for fun and to chat about common topics with like minded people. (IMO)
Qltrgrl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #42
pxefig
Mouseketeer

Just started my blog- hoping to do a Disney run and am writing about the getting in shape journey!
http://pxefig.blogspot.com/
pxefig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #43
Am588
Earning My Ears

Mine began as documenting my training for my first half (DL), but is now progressing into training for DL and Goofy!

www.MSPRunGirl.blogspot.com
Am588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #44
Fabulousmommy
Earning My Ears

Princess half marathon!

Hey everyone! I will be doing the Disney princess half marathon in 2013! This is a really big goal of mine along with losing weight! I have also recently started blogging! Followers keep me motivated please! (: fabuloustodaynotfattomorrow.blogspot.com
Old 05-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #45
WaDiWo
WDWFan!

Hi all,

My blog about training for the Goofy Challenge took a major turn as I'm injured now with a femoral neck stress fracture, now on crutches, and my hope today is to be able to weight bear and walk soin. A step backwards? But with your support I know I will reach my goals and will run the Goofy Challenge!

Couchtogoofychallenge.blogspot.com

Thanks to your blogs i will have something new and interesting to read while I'm home recuperating!

My blog: I achieved my goal January 12, 2014! see how I did it: Couch to Goofy Marathon and a Half Challenge!
Hear my interview about achieving this goal on the Runner Academy Everyday Runners podcast.
My Castaway Cay 5k trip report HERE
Packing for a Disney Trip or Cruise? Check out my free ultimate packing (and to-do) list here.
WaDiWo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: