Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #76
5by5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
I've signed up for 2 excursions (and changed my mind twice), but was more interested in what 'special' will be on the ship. I've heard there is gingerbread house making and maybe a tea party that we need tickets for. Just wondering if there are other changes to the regular schedule (not that we know the regular schedule since we are the first sailing out of Miami this season). We enjoy the drawing classes and towel folding, things like that.

I've only done one other cruise. I like to go with the flow, but one thing I was really disappointed in was on the first day; all they said was "Welcome aboard" and there were really no other instructions. We had to ask someone where to go for the muster drill, and they told us the wrong place so we felt very rushed and disoriented, and like we wasted the first afternoon. I know we can't do everything, but I want to be aware of the basics. I get a lot of tips here and if I hadn't read up about dinner rotations and show tickets and how things basically work, we would have really been lost.

Nancy
There is usually a Galley Tour that you can sign up for as well at the desk. I think it reserved for higher level CC members but they will but you on the wait list for it.

Have you downloaded and looked over some Navigators from prior cruises? They won't match exactly but it will give you and idea of what to expect.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...-navigator.htm
5by5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #77
Dogsambam
Mouseketeer

I just read that Disney has a countdown going at Port of Miami about the arrival of the Wonder. Does anyone think there will be a big deal made when it leaves on its first departure?
Dogsambam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #78
neg58
DIS Veteran

I have a room booked in Coconut Grove for the 22nd with parking and a shuttle to the port. However, today I found a parking lot just 3 blocks from the port (probably more like 6, but the site said 3) that is only $4.50/day, and getting off would be so much easier to just go 6 blocks than to have to shuttle back to the car in Coconut Grove.

Has anyone been to the port area of Miami? Would it be better to just stay near there and park closer to the port? Is it safe?

And we need more people for the FE! Come on, sign up!

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #79
5by5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
I have a room booked in Coconut Grove for the 22nd with parking and a shuttle to the port. However, today I found a parking lot just 3 blocks from the port (probably more like 6, but the site said 3) that is only $4.50/day, and getting off would be so much easier to just go 6 blocks than to have to shuttle back to the car in Coconut Grove.

Has anyone been to the port area of Miami? Would it be better to just stay near there and park closer to the port? Is it safe?

And we need more people for the FE! Come on, sign up!

Nancy
I would ask that question on the Cruise Critic message board in the FL departures forum. There are several people who post there that seem to be very well versed with POM.

Tony
Old 12-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #80
MilfyMcMilfersen
Earning My Ears

Looking forward to our first Disney cruise. will be bringing our 10 y/o daughter (who turns 11 on the cruise)

Thanks for the info on formal night, will be bringing proper attire. Even though we are new to the Disney scene (but not new to cruising) we would love to participate in some of the disney traditions like the FE.

Any thing else we should be preparing for? would love to sign up for something like a dolphin encounter or a snorkeling excursion. Looking forward to meeting you all.
MilfyMcMilfersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #81
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilfyMcMilfersen View Post
Looking forward to our first Disney cruise. will be bringing our 10 y/o daughter (who turns 11 on the cruise)

Thanks for the info on formal night, will be bringing proper attire. Even though we are new to the Disney scene (but not new to cruising) we would love to participate in some of the disney traditions like the FE.

Any thing else we should be preparing for? would love to sign up for something like a dolphin encounter or a snorkeling excursion. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Add your name and information to the FE group (go to message #61). There are lots of snorkeling excursions on St. Thomas, and if anyone has specific suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #82
5by5
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say it was great meeting many of you on the trip and we all enjoyed everyone's FE gifts! We had a great cruise, especially when saw the weather back home.

I hope everyone had a safe trip back!

Tony
Old 01-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #83
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5by5
Just wanted to say it was great meeting many of you on the trip and we all enjoyed everyone's FE gifts! We had a great cruise, especially when saw the weather back home.

I hope everyone had a safe trip back!

Tony
What a great trip and what fun it was meeting everyone and bumping into many of you out and about.
disdadIL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: