Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #2311
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

For our 2nd WDW this year 1st week in Nov, I was a bit concerned about lack of well no EMH for MK, latest night was 8pm, well I found out why and I'm a Happy camper, I figured they were getting ready for Christmas, what I wasn't planning was that the 1st MVMCP of the year is also going on that week, of course I will be present

So it's pretty much a Grand Slam week. get a 2nd WDW trip in, Food & Wine Fest, Get to see Blues Traveler at Epcot, and now MVMCP. it just doesn't get much better then that
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 05-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #2312
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
And you give me grief for vacations? Haven't gone on a cruise in years. Maybe after I put the kid through college. Wish I was going with you guys.
One more DisDad moves it from meet n greet to convention. C'mon. You only have to pay for 1. Maybe Barry and his cheese can bunk with you.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 07:12 AM   #2313
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
This afternoon, Kris (DisneyFerris) and I got the families together at a local county park. Kris and his wife are both big Disney nuts, so it was great to sit and talk while the kids burned all sorts on energy climbing and playing. The kids got along great and before we knew it, we had been sitting there 2 and a half hours!
It was great to meet you Kris! We'll have to do it again in the future!

Pictures or it didn't happen:
(Me on the left, Kris on the right)

Great meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
It looks like the third DisDad convention, and first ever cruise version, will take place on board the Disney Dream on October 13, 2013. Well, Dave and I will be there with our families so everyone else is welcome to join us a be a part of it. if we don't have enough for a convention, we will just call it the greatest nemesis meet up ever.
I wonder if they will let us drive the ship . Then we could swing by and pick up CJ

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 11/1/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 05-28-2012, 07:12 AM   #2314
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Morning all...

Quote:
Using your upgrade for DW. Another example of a great DisDad.
Better then my senario, which sounds something like this:

Me: I think when my upgrade comes up next year, I'll get an iphone

DW: Good. We'll use it to upgrade me and you can have my current one

This also happened with Nintendo DS, ipods, and if if I ever get a Kobo, same senario applies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I'm getting jealous with the Dis Dads meets, think I'll PM Carl and see if he's busy tomorrow since I'll be in his back yard
You are going to be hanging out in his backyard? Creepy.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 05-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #2315
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Good morning! Happy Memorial Day

A special thank you to all of you dads (and wives) who have served our great nation!

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 11/1/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 05-28-2012, 07:34 AM   #2316
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Happy Memorial Day everyone,

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
I wonder if they will let us drive the ship . Then we could swing by and pick up CJ
I'm there. Maybe build a makeshift raft and have them "rescue" me during the cruise. If you see me waving, don't just wave back, tell them to pick me up.

Quote:

A special thank you to all of you dads (and wives) who have served our great nation!
Amen.

Today we are relaxing and going to see the Marlins pound (hopefully) the Washington Gnats this afternoon. Lunch will be a double cheeseburger with fries possibly a beer to go along with it. The vegetarian will have a non-meat burger. Sounds gross but she thinks it tastes good. Where have I gone wrong?
Old 05-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #2317
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Morning all...

This also happened with Nintendo DS, ipods, and if if I ever get a Kobo, same senario applies.

I guess we know who's in charge...

You know most of the cellular companies now have family plans / shared minutes / reduced rates etc... when you buy 2 or more phones.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 05-28-2012, 07:39 AM   #2318
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

To all the americans out there... Have a relaxing memorial day, don't worry about work, I'll hold down the fort.

Member #561
Old 05-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #2319
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Happy Memorial Day to all our you southerners (I type this as I sit at my desk waiting to interview summer students).
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Last edited by declansdad; 05-28-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #2320
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

No pictures from Day 6 of staycation. We went to KY soccer tournament hosted in our town yesterday. Probably not the best idea for some male stranger to be photographing U14 girls from the sidelines. Last night, it was Mass followed by dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. Today is my last day of staycation. I wonder what to do. I think maybe DW will take dds to Holiday World and give me a day at home alone to recover from all the hard work this week.

Quote:

So it's pretty much a Grand Slam week. get a 2nd WDW trip in, Food & Wine Fest, Get to see Blues Traveler at Epcot, and now MVMCP. it just doesn't get much better then that
As I posted on the commando thread, excellent get. We are thinking of doing WDW one year over Christmas Vacation or Thanksgiving so that we can get a MVMCP.

Quote:
I think I read that in the fine print of the booking form. So, get ready CJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post

This also happened with Nintendo DS, ipods, and if if I ever get a Kobo, same senario applies. .
Well, you still get new used gadgets.

Quote:

Well said. Same from me.

Quote:
I'm there. Maybe build a makeshift raft and have them "rescue" me during the cruise. If you see me waving, don't just wave back, tell them to pick me up.
Lunch will be a double cheeseburger with fries possibly a beer to go along with it. The vegetarian will have a non-meat burger. Sounds gross but she thinks it tastes good. Where have I gone wrong?
Well, don't get on the raft now, it's another 17 months before we'll get there. As for Crash, if that is all you did wrong, then you must have done a lot right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
To all the americans out there... Have a relaxing memorial day, don't worry about work, I'll hold down the fort.
Thanks Brian. I was getting ready to end my staycation a day early and go into work until I heard.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 05-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #2321
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

Quote:
Well Steve being what's in my driveway, & garage I'm on the same page as Scott, I do have a Dodge Minivan that snuck in but it's American so it's all good

There's something about the Honda minivan it reminds me of a Hurst for some reason
I can't believe the system remembered I'd quoted this a day ago. But I think I was going to say I had a Dodge Grand Caravan, but it was built in Canada. Then the Mustang has a USA VIN.

Quote:
Happy Memorial Day everyone,

I want to believe Disney would stop, but, now i'm really wondering if they would.
Quote:
Happy Memorial Day everyone
Ditto
Quote:
Today we are relaxing and going to see the Marlins pound (hopefully) the Washington Gnats this afternoon. Lunch will be a double cheeseburger with fries possibly a beer to go along with it. The vegetarian will have a non-meat burger. Sounds gross but she thinks it tastes good. Where have I gone wrong?
Washington Gnats? Not heard that, but I like it.
Those vegetarian burgers aren't awful. Just add extra cheese and lots of bbq sauce.

Tick tock.... tick tock.... Why is it not Friday yet? I start my 17 hr drive on Friday...

My completed first Trip Report:
I'm not a foodie, but I play one at WDW - completed through lack of updates 6/14/11!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #2322
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:

Thanks Brian. I was getting ready to end my staycation a day early and go into work until I heard.
No prob Norm. You can always count on me. In fact if you don't show up to work tomorrow I'll cover you then as well.

Member #561
Old 05-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #2323
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post

I guess we know who's in charge...

You know most of the cellular companies now have family plans / shared minutes / reduced rates etc... when you buy 2 or more phones.
We don't match up on phone upgrades anymore because of me. When I get a phone, I pretty much use it till it's useless, she wants an upgrade as soon as she can. I went a long time with my previous phone, till the battery didn't want to hold the charge anymore. My current one is the most basic I could get. Finally going to get a smartphone now that I can probably justify having one now.

Oh, and I know who's in charge, that's why I'm still here, right?

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)

Old 05-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #2324
cstorm65
DDC #699

I would like to join the DDC! I knew this forum was here, but never joined because I wasn't a "dad" yet. My wife and I have just finalized an the adoption of our son though, so I am finally a true "DisDad" to my son Braxton. Thanks
Old 05-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #2325
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

We got our night at Great Wolf Lodge booked for June 17th, for Audrey's "birthday party". If the weather is nice that day, she really wants to go on the Maid of the Mist too.

Today is our esteemed Assistant Manager's last day of work!! Never before have I seen the store so unified to see someone go. You know it's probably a bad sign when two other long-term employees in the district are going too, and have big retirement parties booked, and posted throughout the stores, ours has a small e-mail mention and a half-assed pot-luck lunch today, an "Image Monday" that is too busy for anyone to attend. .

Any news on movement for me might come by the end of next week, when they should be announcing the transfers. All I really hope is my good friend to get on full-time, she deserves it.

Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, topic

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: