Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

Why yes we are celebrating a birthday!!!...A month early

Hello everyone! I'm excited to share and relive with you all my vacation. On this vacation it was only my sister and I. The only dates that were good for us were August 5-10. Be warned...it was August..I refused to wear any makeup..there will be TONS of shiny foreheads, red cheeks, sweaty faces and uneven skintones...my sister on the other hand is more graceful in the heat. Like the title says we celebrated Sara's 30th birthday. Since I was the planner I made it my duty to include this information in our reservation and all our ADRs...and keep it a surprise from her. Sara didn't find out until checkin time and she got her button,lol. Her face was priceless!!! They even offered her a balloon and SHE REFUSED!!! How can someone refuse ANYTHING FREE in Disney..oh well, it was a long trip there so I didn't make a big deal out of it. We made this very budget friendly (well we tried) vacation with a few splurges here and there. I've been to Orlando a couple of times before but was never able to stay on Disney property. Well my dream came true and we were able to stay in Disney's All Star Music Resort!!! :cool1
Stupid pole!

Here we both are. Sara is on the left and I am on the right.
So since this trip had to be budget friendly we were thinking of alternative ways to get to Orlando. Flying was costing an arm and a leg and we hate flying. I guess you can say the Disney Gods guided us to out local bus company "La Cubana". Roundtrip to Florida was going to be $140...PERFECT!!! Being on a bus for 19 hours won't be too bad...and besides we'll pretend it's a roadtrip without doing the actual driving! Let's just say we're getting old! Sore knees and backs were to come. Here are a few pics on our way to Orlando.
Our very subtle and unnoticeable bus,lol
The bus itself wasn't bad. It had seatbelts and everything. They played movies throughout the ride to keep us entertained. But of course I didn't get to see much of any movie because I had taken Dramamine. For those of you, who have no idea what this is, it's basically a pill that prevents motion sickness so you don't puke all over yourself or the person infront of you I was asleep for most of the ride so that was good. The only rule..NO POOPING in the bus. Guess what...someone decided to be a rebel and go against the rule Oh lord, the bus driver had to give us a speech Other than that the whole bus ride wasn't bad. You put a bunch of spanish people together from different countries in a small space for hours things will get interesting
A few hours on the road we stopped in..
I have no clue which state we were in in this picture...maybe North or South Carolina
Next I'll write about our ADRs and schedule plus some pictures of our room. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Lucys2200; 12-18-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

So we left late morning on Saturday August 4th and didn't arrive until Sunday August 5th around 9. Since we have an uncle who lives in Orlando he came to pick us up and we all went to eat at IHop. Which I have no pictures of but it wasn't too eventful anyway. We didn't want to waste one minute so we went to pick up my cousins and then we were on our way to Universal Studios Since most people here are Disney fans I won't post any pictures up unless you guys really want to see them. If you do, then just ask and I will. This was our schedule
August 5- arrival day/ Universal Studios
August 6- Typhoon Lagoon/DTD
Ausust 7- Hollywood Studios
August 8- Magic Kingdom
August 9- Epcot
August 10- Departure Day

I used a website who's name I cannot remember for the life of me to plan out the days. And to tell you the truth, it was correct! So we didn't get to our hotel room until very late Sunday night and of course I had to take tons of pictures of the room. When we booked our hotel I didn't care what section we were in as long as we weren't in the country section...guess what we got...the country section!
All brown..and allllll the way in the back

Room number

Our beds

I was so super excited to see if we had a Mickey head made out of towels..I look on the bed and this is what I saw

...so I had to fix it!

Check in

We saw these guys by our window

I thought this was really pretty

Me by the pool
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

From now on..it's ALL DISNEY Monday morning we both tried to get up early to get to Typhoon Lagoon. We both woke up a bit late. But still made it there by around 9:30 am. I had been a couple time but it was Sara's first time Oh the stories to come! While planning our trip we decided to book some chairs and an umbrella in a reserved area. Yes this was one of our splurges. It came out to about $45 for 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and an umbrella in a sectioned off area listening to wonderful summery music

Bus ride to Typhoon Lagoon

If anyone is wondering, for most of our trip we shared busses with the other All Star Resorts. Sports is first to get picked up, then Music and last is Music. Somtimes by the time the bus came to Music, there was only standing room.

Me

Sara

If you do decided to rent an umbrella and chairs you will have to go by where you rent the lockers. They will have a list there of everyones reservation, they will check you off give you towels and everyone must wear a wristband.

We were umbrella number 2. Perfect!!! It was right by the entrance/exit

So we had looked at all the rides and decided which ones we would go one. A couple of things you guys should know..Sara is TERRIFIED of water (she almost drowned when she was a little kid) and we both can't swim. We were perfect candidates for a water park!!!!! Before we went on any slides we would watch the people fall into the water to see how deep it really was. We thought it wasnt too bad. Well Sara underestimated her fear...as we were getting ready to go down the Storm Slides, she was doublethinking it. I told her it was ok. So we go down and come out of the slide first. Couldn't quite get my footing but since I'm not afraid of water I made it out perfectly fine. I can swim underwater but cannot keep myself afloat. So I swam underwater away from the slides. As soon as I come up all I though to myself was "OH NO!!!!" Sara is going to flip out. As I'm turning around I hear her sceaming coming down the slide and fall into the water....She panicked and could not for the life of her get up. Everyone was staring and the lifeguard was telling her she was ok and to stand up. Like the very amazing sister I am I saw her flip flops floating away and she was trying to stand up...so what do I do...what any loving sister would do! Go after the flip flops!!!!!! No one wants to walk on a hot floor! It was very funny..for me..for Sara not at all. I think it's safe to say she will never be returning to any water park ever again. Oh!!! And she also managed to choke on the water from the speed slides That was the end of it for her.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

I want to apologize for the sideways pictures..I keep fixing them...and they keep going sideways
Old 12-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

We left the Typhoon Lagoon around 4 because it started to rain. We weren't upset because we had plans to go to Downtown Disney later that night. After we got to our room we both showered and were out the door again. The weather was really crumby that night.

While in Downtown Disney I did some pin shopping. I was able to find a few interesting ones. After walking for an hour, it started to pour. We were starving and rain into a restaurant. I always wanted to try T-Rex Cafe so I kinda convinced Sara,lol. The only problem was that the waiting list was like 2 hours and the place was PACKED. The host told us there were some seats by the bar and that we should try there. We go to the bar and to our luck a couple was JUST leaving as we got there.

This is what I got (i believe it was the fire roasted chicken)

We ran out of DTD because it was still pouring. Got the bus and went straight to bed. Had to get up early for...HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!!!! We made an adr for this park. I REALLY wanted to try the 50s Prime Time Cafe because i'm such a vintage junky...anything old I LOVE!!!!

I got up early because I wanted to eat breakfast before we left. I was sooo excited to have my first Mickey waffle!!!!

Sara

Me

SUPER EXCITED FOR THIS ONE!!! It became one of my favorites.

Always have to walk through here and watch the movie. Since we were there really early, we were the only 2 people in the theater

Old 12-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #6
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

My goal for every trip to Disney was to go on the Hollywood Tower. The first time I went in sat down, had my seat belt on...and as the doors were closing I ran out...I had a mini panic attack...not something im proud of,lol. But i'm happy to say I completed my goal!!! I went on the ride...by myself!!! Sara swore to herself a few years ago that she would never go on it again.

I thought we deserved a little snack. My first Mickey ice cream bar!

I really enjoyed this one!

LOVE the Golden Girls

We found Mickey!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

It was time for 6:35 and time for our adr.

Before leaving we had to go on Toy Story Mania...again...3 times in one day!

We were able to see Fantasmic. Such a great and beautiful show!

This is one of my favorite parks and we both had such a wonderful time! We couldn't wait to get to our beds and go to sleep because what awaited us the next day was PURE MAGIC. Wednesday was MAGIC KINGDOM day!!!! Not only did we have reservations for the Wishes Dessert Party but we also were able to get a reservation for breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table!!!!

Here is a little preview!

Old 01-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a fabulous New Years! I had an AMAZING time. I went to a party in Brooklyn where the theme was 1920s. Can't tell you how handsome and beautiful everyone looked. Well on with my trip report. After going back to the hotel room we went to sleep and were so excited to go to Magic Kingdom in the morning. Well Thursday morning we woke up super super early to catch the bus to make our reservation for Cinderella's Royal Table I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cinderella and the castle. Cinderella is my ultimate favorite princess and the castle can't get anymore beautiful.

I took this picture while we waited for the bus. Notice it was still a bit dark out. I believe this was around 6:30 in the morning. But we didn't mind cause we were going to one of our favorite places in the world!!!

It's soooo perfect!!!!!!

My mission on this trip to be the absolute FIRST ONE to reach the castle. DONE!!!! Yep, some guy and a stroller was kinda racing me but hell no... I WON!! I will post those pictures up another day.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

Now, I had heard that the earlier you make your reservation, the better the table. And I have to say I absolutely believe it! We had one of the best tables in the castle!!

Old 01-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #10
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

Hope everyone enjoys the pictures!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

We started heading out of Magic Kingdom around Midnight I could live there for the rest of my life On our way out we bought some gifts for friends and family. But most importantly I found 1 thing I was on the hunt for this pillow

Photo from of amazon.com

I thought it was the PERFECT thing for me. I have always loved the Peter Pan story I still sleep with this pillow every night
Of course I bought more pins and Sara got a couple of kitchen items for her friends. As we waited for the bus I took of picture of this

I remember telling myself outloud "I'm going to stay there one of these days" While standing online for the bus I guess I must've had a goofy smile on my face because one of the CM's came up to me and asked me if I had a great time today. I told him I had a blast because this was my favorite park. He said he came up to me because he saw I had the biggest smile on my face. We got to talking and it turned out that his wife was from Jersey as well. Soon after our bus pulled up and we had to go..he was an absolute sweetheart

Going back to the hotel wasn't too bad and when we got there we both took showers and went straight to bed. The next morning would be Thursday and that meant pool time in the morning, then Epcot for a little bit and at night OHANA'S!!!!!!!!!!! I had heard AMAZING things about Ohana's and it definitely didn't dissapoint.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #12
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

So in the morning we had some pool time. It was PERFECT!! Not too many people and I got to "swim" around,lol.

We only spent about 2 hours at the pool because we had reservations for Via Napoli for lunch. So we went back, changed and took the bus to Epcot.

Like I mentioned before, I have been to Disney a couple of times before but this was my second time ever at Epcot. My family and I aren't HUGE Epcot people so we usually skip it if we don't have a lot of time. Sara and I went on the Michael Jackson 3D movie. I never knew it was there and we both loved it I have been a Michael Jackson fan since kindergarten so I definitely enjoyed it. We went inside The Land I believe it was called. As you can see I didn't take many pictures,lol. I have amazing pictures on my phone that I will upload on another post. We walked around and guess who we saw

I don't know whether it's my outfit that made me look soooo tiny or Mary Poppins was really tall I mean im only about 4'11 but I look freakishly short next to her,lol.

Soon it was time for PIZZZZZAAAA!!!!!

I LOVED Via Napoli. The pizza was amazing, the men were gorgeous, the drinks were great, the men were gorgeous, the decor was beautiful, the men were gorgeous, the appetizers were yummy..and did I mention the men were gorgeous. Our waitor looked just like Jude Law...only HOTTER

We finished all our food, left a great tip and we were out. We stopped by a fountain out in the front.

Notice the little boy to the left..looks like he's about to fall in

I will post up a few more pictures of Epcot later on and I have TONS of pictures of us in Ohana. Hope you guys enjoyed it (if there's anyone reading it anymore,lol) !

Last edited by Lucys2200; 01-09-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #13
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

I just read your posts and you are so funny! You have some great photos of things I have never seen before. AWESOME.

No pooping on the bus OMG that is so freaking funny!!!! Must have been a great ride down. My BF is spanish and yeah, get a bus full of spanish people and you must have stories.

You cracked me up about saving your sister's flip flops. I'm so sure she appreciated your effort. I have sisters....I so get that. but you were kind and did not post a photo of her.

I am often behind on TR's but I'm subbing to see more. and yes, I would love to see Universal photos too. I've never been there.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #14
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I just read your posts and you are so funny! You have some great photos of things I have never seen before. AWESOME.

No pooping on the bus OMG that is so freaking funny!!!! Must have been a great ride down. My BF is spanish and yeah, get a bus full of spanish people and you must have stories.

You cracked me up about saving your sister's flip flops. I'm so sure she appreciated your effort. I have sisters....I so get that. but you were kind and did not post a photo of her.

I am often behind on TR's but I'm subbing to see more. and yes, I would love to see Universal photos too. I've never been there.
Yay and thank you!!! Thanks for reading!!!!
I love Universal but it's a different kind of love. Disney is untouchable!
I'll post pictures from there. I only have a few more posts left so hopefully i'll keep you entertained through the end.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #15
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: